Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not So MMO: Deathloop Review In Progress | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageNot So MMO: Deathloop Review In Progress | MMORPG.com

Deathloop is an interesting concept that is steeped in Arkane's DNA. Take the satisfying stealth gameplay of Dishonored and mix in some crazy good gunplay, throw in a time loop story and you're itching for a good time. But does it actually hold up? Here is our review in progress.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Any sort of time loop now says one thing to me, "we did not have the content to make a proper game so we are just going to send you through what we have made again and again...and again.
    ashiru_1978ZenJellyConfonduTheocritus
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

Scot said:

Any sort of time loop now says one thing to me, "we did not have the content to make a proper game so we are just going to send you through what we have made again and again...and again.

Such a boring concept for a game. Even looking at trailers and gameplay of this game bores me to sleep.

Such developers think they are really smart and creative, but in reality they are just lazy and completely uncreative. In fact, there is a shooter like that on Steam, it's multiplayer and each subsequent round you have to fight the enemy's "shadow" so to speak from the previous round and it allegedly is supposed to be really interesting, yet the game is so dead the 2 and a half players that want to play it can't find a match.
    ZenJelly
  • KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    The PC edition seems to have problems
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Remind me in a year when it's on game pass for PC :)
    Scot
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Iselin said:

Remind me in a year when it's on game pass for PC :)

Haha. Same here

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    edited September 2021

Scot said:

Disagree, the fan Portal game that was made has a time loop aspect to it and I think it's pretty damn cool.
    I am not saying you cannot find one that is good, just it is unlikely. From what you said this is a fan made game using Portal? Well Portal is a fully fledged game I can see how a time loop would be fine in a game with that much content.
  • shokadezzshokadezz Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Yeehaw LOL. time to talk about how the moon is not under the stars like it used to be, but potato math sure is a magical magician toilet seat.
  • ConfonduConfondu Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Let me get this right, you die and then start over again until you figure out the correct sequence needed to advance.

Isn't that the definition of every combat based video game ever made?