Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Preps Players In New Legends Trailer Ahead Of Next Week's Beta | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• SylvinstarSylvinstar Member UncommonPosts: 158
    In regards to 'not enough lore'. There is a lot of lore scattered about the world, and it's available for those that REALLY want it. If you've seen Ser Medieval's videos on YT exploring the lore behind the Island, Thorpe, Isabella etc. then you know what I'm talking about.

I don't think 'not enough lore' is the problem; it's my opinion that a lot of people racing to consume the adventure content of a game - be that PVE or PVP activities - assume the content isn't there because they haven't actively spent time seeking out Lore (via observing carefully what NPC's say, seeking out Lore Pages and observing the 'set pieces'/art assets on the Island for clues).

Just my opinion.
    [Deleted User]
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    In regards to 'not enough lore'. There is a lot of lore scattered about the world, and it's available for those that REALLY want it. If you've seen Ser Medieval's videos on YT exploring the lore behind the Island, Thorpe, Isabella etc. then you know what I'm talking about.

I don't think 'not enough lore' is the problem; it's my opinion that a lot of people racing to consume the adventure content of a game - be that PVE or PVP activities - assume the content isn't there because they haven't actively spent time seeking out Lore (via observing carefully what NPC's say, seeking out Lore Pages and observing the 'set pieces'/art assets on the Island for clues).

Just my opinion.
    Lore is something that occurs both in and out of a game, there may well be plenty of lore in the game just not seeing much outside it.
    [Deleted User]
    Scot said:

Just my opinion.
    Lore is something that occurs both in and out of a game, there may well be plenty of lore in the game just not seeing much outside it.

I think there could be more for sure.  And I agree with a lot of posts I've seen by people on various outlets that they should add more in-game (via cinematics or other means).  Personally I'd rather see most of this type of thing while I'm in game unless its a novel or something.  I totally get your point though..for general public aka people that haven't invested time into the game yet, or are just discovering it, there could be a lot more lore out there for them to get into the main characters etc that are 'on-stage' as well as how their story intertwines with the island and its history. I am assuming  more of this will be added later.  With the major overhaul to the game...not quite a 180 degree turn from its original purpose I'd say they've done well with the time they've had.
    Scot
    edited September 2021
    Deleted post.