Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daybreak's CEO Ji Ham Taking Over As Acting CEO Of EG7 As Co-Founder Robin Flodin Steps Down | MMORP

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageDaybreak's CEO Ji Ham Taking Over As Acting CEO Of EG7 As Co-Founder Robin Flodin Steps Down | MMORPG.com

Late last week, Swedish company Enad Global 7, which made waves towards the end of last year as it purchased a fair number of gaming properties including MMORPG developer/publisher Daybreak Game Company, announced its co-founder and CEO Robin Flodin would be stepping down. As a result, Daybreak's current CEO, Ji Ham, would be stepping into the role of acting CEO of EG7.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317
    edited August 2021
    It's hard to believe daybreak is worth $300 million.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Chaserz said:

If Pantheon had $300 million to spare, it wouldn't surprise me to see VR trying to license the rights to the EverQuest brand.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Mendel said:

Chaserz said:

If Pantheon had $300 million to spare, it wouldn't surprise me to see VR trying to license the rights to the EverQuest brand.

Not sure the EverQuest brand is worth all that much these days, has been largely squandered over the years.
    Mendel

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Kyleran said:

Mendel said:

Chaserz said:

Not sure the EverQuest brand is worth all that much these days, has been largely squandered over the years.
    It's still making money off people like me. I bought the collector's edition and the Velious Crate just recently. 
    UngoodKylerangastovski1Mendel
    Chamber of Chains
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Kyleran said:

Mendel said:

Chaserz said:

True.  But VR is attempting to build an EQ3 (or should that be EQ4?).  Branding it as EverQuest 3(4) would be a good thing for them.  VR is probably the only company that would find the EverQuest brand worth much, so they'd probably be the only current company interested in purchasing/licensing the EverQuest brand.  Now, if EG7 really wants to make their version of EQ3/4/5, they've cut off the immediate competition by controlling the brand.

I never said it would be a good thing for VR to spend $300 million to license the EverQuest brand, just that it wouldn't surprise me.  Companies do silly things all the time.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Is there ever any good news coming from DBG?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Zegaloth said:
    Maybe I am reading into this wrong, but this looks like some violation of good faith business practices.

What a shame that these games will likely continue to be hobbled by the same person.
    Reading the comments over at Massively, this seems to be more of a firing than a "stepping down" apparently related to not being able to answer some simple financial questions in a recently published interview.

How Ji Ham gets to be the acting CEO I have no clue nor do I know just how "interim" he is.

https://www.breakit.se/artikel/29933/enad-global-7-sparkar-vd-robin-flodin

Mendel
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Ahh nothing like watching sociopaths take out other sociopaths by taking out other sociopaths.

What a wonderfun (Tm) life.
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

cheyane said:

Kyleran said:

Mendel said:

Chaserz said:

It's still making money off people like me. I bought the collector's edition and the Velious Crate just recently. 

That's probably because you're old.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Astropuyo said:
    Ahh nothing like watching sociopaths take out other sociopaths by taking out other sociopaths.

What a wonderfun (Tm) life.
    I really don't care about sociopaths.