Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
The game is on 50% off and I am thinking of getting it but I am worried I won't be able to play it. I tried the demo of Lara Croft Shadow of the Tomb Raider and I was falling to my death so much it got so frustrating. I cannot play games where I have to rely on my skill to scale heights and jump accurately.

I want to know whether this game has assisted jumping in story mode. Anyone who has played this can help me out please. I really want to play this but I am worried about the jumping parts I saw in some gameplay videos where he is running on walls and getting across. How about the action combat ? I managed Horizon Zero Dawn in story and easy mode and finished playing it. Is Fallen Order harder?
Chamber of Chains

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Not sure if this will be a help but at least you can see what's involved.

cheyane
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I had a look at that but I cannot tell how much is done by the player and how much the game is helping him when he moves.

Looks like I have to buy and try it myself.
    Sovrath
    Chamber of Chains
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

I was reading steam and many complain it does respond well with the mouse and KB. I am absolutely useless with a controller unless I am playing an Atelier game or any turn based one. I think I will not buy the game after all.

Thanks for the help .
    Chamber of Chains
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    cheyane said:
    I was reading steam and many complain it does respond well with the mouse and KB. I am absolutely useless with a controller unless I am playing an Atelier game or any turn based one. I think I will not buy the game after all.

Thanks for the help .

honestly, I think you should still try it. YOu can get a refund on steam if you don't go over 2 hours right?

I played the game for only 4 hours but I had no problems with using keyboard and mouse.

I don't think you have anything to lose with their refund policy.
    cheyane
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Montgomery35Montgomery35 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Thanks for the information keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.

omegle
  • SamuelKerrSamuelKerr Newbie CommonPosts: 10
    It seems very cool but maybe the requirements will be really high for my PC :(
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    kelopli said:
    Love it, this is a pretty solid game! Reminiscent of Assassin's Creed in its use of parkour movement; ability tree is similar to Final Fantasy x's sphere grid; very fluid and dramatic real time battle that's full of complex moves using force powers, interesting use of environment, and plenty of different maneuvers like those from Mortal Kombat; a challenging puzzle/platform aspect that is satisfyingly close to the Jak and Daxter series or like; tons of challenging bosses and enemies that give a rich fighting experience(and plenty of frustration at times); secrets and chests with appearance/customization items hidden in detailed areas that offer challenging exploration; a fulfilling level of customization to the appearance of your character, droid, ship, and lightsaber; a healthy balance of storyline cutscene cinematics, interactive story scenes, and semi-linear quasi-openworld gameplay; as well as solid graphics and audio production throughout the game that enrich the thrill of the action fluid feel that makes this game great. But also... the cheesy trooper voiceover lines are as humorously bad as they have always been, and you'll laugh if you know what I mean! I could think of a million things I would've added, and wish there were more "things" to collect and do, some type of base/other frivolous areas with items and bosses to explore at leisure/minigames/multiplayer/MMO gameplay, but nothing has disappointed me with this game except the fact that it had to have an end. If you enjoy RPG's, platformers, action/melee fighting games, or Star Wars(even just a little bit), you should get the satisfaction you seek from this game. I feel that any area it's lacking is more than compensated for in another area of its play and production. Thank you for this one guys! I BEG YOU, knock our socks off again with the next game!

Welcome to the forums!

The force is with Paragraphs, learn to yield them. :)
    edited September 2021

Crap I thought this was the thread about Atelier Ryza.
    Chamber of Chains
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    cheyane said:

Crap I thought this was the thread about Atelier Ryza.
    You been drinking again girl? ?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Scot said:
    kelopli said:
    Love it, this is a pretty solid game! Reminiscent of Assassin's Creed in its use of parkour movement; ability tree is similar to Final Fantasy x's sphere grid; very fluid and dramatic real time battle that's full of complex moves using force powers, interesting use of environment, and plenty of different maneuvers like those from Mortal Kombat; a challenging puzzle/platform aspect that is satisfyingly close to the Jak and Daxter series or like; tons of challenging bosses and enemies that give a rich fighting experience(and plenty of frustration at times); secrets and chests with appearance/customization items hidden in detailed areas that offer challenging exploration; a fulfilling level of customization to the appearance of your character, droid, ship, and lightsaber; a healthy balance of storyline cutscene cinematics, interactive story scenes, and semi-linear quasi-openworld gameplay; as well as solid graphics and audio production throughout the game that enrich the thrill of the action fluid feel that makes this game great. But also... the cheesy trooper voiceover lines are as humorously bad as they have always been, and you'll laugh if you know what I mean! I could think of a million things I would've added, and wish there were more "things" to collect and do, some type of base/other frivolous areas with items and bosses to explore at leisure/minigames/multiplayer/MMO gameplay, but nothing has disappointed me with this game except the fact that it had to have an end. If you enjoy RPG's, platformers, action/melee fighting games, or Star Wars(even just a little bit), you should get the satisfaction you seek from this game. I feel that any area it's lacking is more than compensated for in another area of its play and production. Thank you for this one guys! I BEG YOU, knock our socks off again with the next game!

Welcome to the forums!

The force is with Paragraphs, learn to yield them. :)
    He is from the dark side! :P
    Scot
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung