Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Article] Star Citizen: A $400+ Million Gaming Project With No Release Date In Sight.

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    olepi said:
    RSI's website is very clear that you are not pre-ordering, you are not "buying" anything, you are merely donating to a possible future product. There is no guarantee of a product at all.

If you donate X amount, you can get access to whatever they have now, and some specific items. Once you receive the items, and use them in the game, they are considered delivered.

If the game never releases, nobody gets their money back. That way, RSI has little to no legal exposure.
    Aren't there taxes on that 'donation'?  Pretty sure that means it's not a donation in legal terms.
    Yes, funds from Kickstarter are considered taxable income. However, RSI is an LLC and they could request tax exemptions for donations.
    They can't request tax exemption for their pledge store stuff because it's not a donation.

If you look through RSI website they never even try to call it a donation.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    So if the reason of Star Citizen delays is Chris Roberts and Scope Creep how do you guys explain those same delays in many other games like Ashes of Creation, Pantheon, Camelot Unchained, Cyberpunk, Beyond Good & Evil 2, New World etc? :D
    Show us the quantity of quotes for those games that we have for SC.  Especially ones promising release of features (or the game) the same year or next.  We can wait ...
    Just grab any early Developer indepth interview or trailer about any game and you'll find discrepancies with reality. Have you forgot about Cyberpunk or NMS launch state and feature set vs what was teased/talked about? Have you seen the pitch videos and plans of most kickstarted mmos?

Btw , there's gaming articles with many dev's explaining just that some posts above. Highly recomended.

Change is a general occurrence in game dev world.

The only abnormal thing in that collection of quotes is the seemingly creepy level of obssession that one individual developed for a game he doesn't like lol

Reminds me those Hollywood serial killers  movies where when they show the psycho's room the walls are covered in quotes and articles about whatever celebrity he became obssessed about.

Then again, he's a known hardent elite: dangerous fanboy... Their inferiority complex about Star Citizen can run quite deep.  :D
    You really shouldn't accuse other folks of creepy obsession.  Reflects poorly, just to let you know.
    cmacqSlapshot1188[Deleted User]rpmcmurphy

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited August 2021
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    So if the reason of Star Citizen delays is Chris Roberts and Scope Creep how do you guys explain those same delays in many other games like Ashes of Creation, Pantheon, Camelot Unchained, Cyberpunk, Beyond Good & Evil 2, New World etc? :D
    Show us the quantity of quotes for those games that we have for SC.  Especially ones promising release of features (or the game) the same year or next.  We can wait ...
    Just grab any early Developer indepth interview or trailer about any game and you'll find discrepancies with reality. Have you forgot about Cyberpunk or NMS launch state and feature set vs what was teased/talked about? Have you seen the pitch videos and plans of most kickstarted mmos?

Btw , there's gaming articles with many dev's explaining just that some posts above. Highly recomended.

Change is a general occurrence in game dev world.

The only abnormal thing in that collection of quotes is the seemingly creepy level of obssession that one individual developed for a game he doesn't like lol

Reminds me those Hollywood serial killers  movies where when they show the psycho's room the walls are covered in quotes and articles about whatever celebrity he became obssessed about.

Then again, he's a known hardent elite: dangerous fanboy... Their inferiority complex about Star Citizen can run quite deep.  :D
    You really shouldn't accuse other folks of creepy obsession.  Reflects poorly, just to let you know.
    There's nothing creepy about posting about a video game you play and enjoy while making fun of it's haters. Specially when said haters have bet their lives on it's collapse year after year and instead the game keeps getting better and better and making millions in the process.
    Rinse & Repeat ;)
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    False flags are false.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    So…..

How about we add blockchain and sell planets ;)

“The sky is the limit” seems to be obsolete.

p.s. 

I made it to the outskirts of Fort McPherson about 350km/220 miles shy of Tuktoyaktuk before I was forced to turn around because of Covid restrictions.

Did I mention that I had a nice shot of scotch with a 100 year old frost bitten toe in the glass ;)

I’m now an official member of the Sour Toe Society in Dawson City;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>> I’m now an official member of the Sour Toe Society in Dawson City;) >>>>

>>> I had a nice shot of scotch with a 100 year old frost bitten toe in the glass >>>>

I thought you were joking. You were NOT.

And there i was thinking that a worm in mezcal is strange.....

Have fun

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Erillion said:
    >>> I’m now an official member of the Sour Toe Society in Dawson City;) >>>>

>>> I had a nice shot of scotch with a 100 year old frost bitten toe in the glass >>>>

I thought you were joking. You were NOT.

And there i was thinking that a worm in mezcal is strange.....

Have fun

We Canadians like to say “go big or go home” ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    edited August 2021
    laserit said:
    So…..

How about we add blockchain and sell planets ;)

“The sky is the limit” seems to be obsolete.

p.s. 

I made it to the outskirts of Fort McPherson about 350km/220 miles shy of Tuktoyaktuk before I was forced to turn around because of Covid restrictions.

Did I mention that I had a nice shot of scotch with a 100 year old frost bitten toe in the glass ;)

I’m now an official member of the Sour Toe Society in Dawson City;)

Planets? No no...They can make alot more selling quarter acre lots on the planets.....Hey if people are willing to pay hundreds for ships, how much more for their own land!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.