Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are You Going To Play New World? | MMORPG.com

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Yes. But not at launch. I will be spending all my time in D2 Resurrected from the 23rd of September and onwards so NW will have to wait. Will be playing SOLO until that 23rd. Already bought NW, played Beta and enjoyed it a lot but it launches at an abysmal, for me, time.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]ultimateduckKyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    No. It doesn't do anything better than other MMO's out there, which makes me very reluctant to give a giant like Amazon my money for it.
  • nursonurso Member UncommonPosts: 327
    edited August 2021
    No. Mainly because of Amazon.

If the game wasn't made by Amazon, I probably wouldn't play it either, because I don't like the pace of the combat and because I think the game doesn't excel neither in PvE nor in PvP.
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    If it looks ok after a month maybe but b2p AND cashshop is a huge turnoff for me regardless if the game is good or not.
  • MuricanGamerMuricanGamer Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Definitely going to get it! But not because I pre-ordered it back in 2017 when it was free to play and now I got grandfathered in making it free for me. I am going to play it because it made me feel like I was playing Oblivion or Skyrim for the first time again. That feeling of “anything’s possible” and just wanting to know what’s around the next corner/dungeon waiting to be explored. Plus I fell in love with the combat. It stinks that it’s getting pushed back, but at least they’re serious about releasing a stable game.
    [Deleted User]TacticalZombeh
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Definitely going to get it! But not because I pre-ordered it back in 2017 when it was free to play and now I got grandfathered in making it free for me. I am going to play it because it made me feel like I was playing Oblivion or Skyrim for the first time again. That feeling of “anything’s possible” and just wanting to know what’s around the next corner/dungeon waiting to be explored. Plus I fell in love with the combat. It stinks that it’s getting pushed back, but at least they’re serious about releasing a stable game.
    Welcome to the forums! :)
  • SpeedakeSpeedake Member UncommonPosts: 7
    shitty in-animation locked combat and whole design doesn't fit anymore due to the opt-in pvp option - entire game is f*ked up but good enough for the trashy gamers who love to get their money ripped off without getting any good content for it so thats a hell no i won't play that terrible game
  • Odi101Odi101 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Nah, taking a pass on this one. From the start I haven't been interested.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    lahnmir said:
    Yes. But not at launch. I will be spending all my time in D2 Resurrected from the 23rd of September and onwards so NW will have to wait. Will be playing SOLO until that 23rd. Already bought NW, played Beta and enjoyed it a lot but it launches at an abysmal, for me, time.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I have to say a new MMORPG is always a big decision for me, I don't play them by halves and my Unplayed Steam Games List is looking at me and making me feel guilty. :)
    KyleranYashaX
  • elfenwindelfenwind Member UncommonPosts: 12
    YashaX said:
    Iselin said:
    I like many things i've seen on live streams so far, but i'll decide to play it or not after I see more in depth videos on how magic based gameplay works in the game.
    It's a PvP video but this should give you an idea of pure mage gameplay (Fire Staff + Ice Gauntlet.) This guy is also using light armor which is evident because his dodges are roll doges which can only happen if your armor is below a certain weight - that also gives you +20% damage.

Here is some mage/dex fighter build gameplay:

I had a good cackle at the mage getting down and dirty rolling constantly. Looks like the combat is not for me, someone mentioned no proper jumping and I'm so used to wow mages blinking away rather than rolling. Genshin Impact and Soul worker is good for now til Endwalker.
  • xdave78xdave78 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    No, definitly not going to play this . It's far away from being potential interesting long term. It feels like patchwork.
  • RawkiRawki Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Yes, looking forward to it.
  • ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614
    @topic: Yes

I hated the first beta over a year ago and now I absolutely loved the last beta.

The world is just beautiful. I personally liked the combat a lot, the sound is on another level and it was simply fun to play. I didn't mind the standard quests because I see this more as a sandbox or survival game with mmo scale and those were just a nice bonus thats all.

So anyway, I just wanted to test some weapons before launch and not invest to much time into the beta, well I suddenly ended up having somewhere between 50-60 hours played.

Another reason to play is that this is the most of my friends being hyped for one game since the release of World of Warcraft and more friends playing = more fun
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    No, im quite happy in FFXIV.
    Valdheim
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

saurus123 said:

No, it will fail like all Amazon games before

New World is Amazons First MMO. How can previous MMOs have failed if there were none?

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• grg210grg210 Member CommonPosts: 2
    As soon as it is out!
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    Avanah said:

saurus123 said:

No, it will fail like all Amazon games before

New World is Amazons First MMO. How can previous MMOs have failed if there were none?
    I was going to comment Crucible was a previous one, but that was a MOBA. I think the general point is they've screwed up on previous gaming projects, most notably Crucible, and that doesn't give them a good track record thus far. We'll see.

Me, personally, I'm looking forward to it. No pre-order though, only buy on day. 
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    No, the combat is annoying to me and the PvE is uninspired and boring as hell.
    Nepheth

• WaruikazeWaruikaze Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Yes, but casually....like I do for BDO.
  • MugiwaraNoUmaiMugiwaraNoUmai Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Yes, I will be playing, and as a long time rog/mud/mmorpg player, im a little disappointed that those who have decided to put this gane down specifically because streamers they follow or dogs forbid play testers weren't creative or exploratory enough to find the enormous PvE opportunities that were available in our little sliver of the map. Its saddens me because it shows no real willingness to ever stay by any new gane simply because one can not see the possibilities.
    Like you I see something possible in this game, I loved actually having to HUNT fir mats, that is too say it wasnt outlined Ala WOW or just sining from a mile off, i will say mat hunting for lifebloom at night is easier.
    As for PvE I had an easy run with every PUG at all my expeditions, something that any gamer can say is almost an impossibility. So there it is. Persevere and explore that is the heart of any mmorpg gamer, so if you arent satisfied is you or the game, surely you call yourself a Gamer you can play a kusoge and still get amped for the challenges of overcoming the bugs and development flaws cant you?
    See you on the Grid
    TacticalZombeh[Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited August 2021
    Not at launch, usually those don't go well for me, too much is either new, unknown, or subject to change.

I'm just not the sort who enjoys having his cheese moved very often.

Still very busy with ESO, tonight my mostly geriatric carebear friends and I are going on an Imperial City / Cyrodil skyshard hunting run. (With "run" being the operative word)

Yo wolves, dinner will be served around 9 PM ET. On the menu will be fresh AD meat.

;)
    Ungood[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145
    edited August 2021

Whole package? PVE options are abysmal

Um ? basic "story"quest in every zone?. Town board jobs in every zone, a dungeon in every (non starter) zone?, a elite open world crawler in every zone?, Open word corrupted spawns/invasions, a bunch of high impact crafting professions ( at the start you can get decent drops but further down the line crafting is key )
    Duno whats missing in PVE? More fetch x for x and bring to x quest ?

what is missing?? Edit: Yes going to play it, and yes..it has that ..magic, Someting you cant catch but just feel while playing.
    Tokken[Deleted User]ValdheimTacticalZombeh[Deleted User]
  • Romulan78Romulan78 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    I played it and am excited for the day it comes out. Was hoping for Camelot Unchained but have given up on that game and the money I gave them as well.
    This game was fun in the few days I tried it in Beta and my laptop played it very well.
  • LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831
    I wasn't interested until I actually had my hands on it. I really enjoyed myself. Yep, I'll be playing it. I hope this is the last delay.
    TokkenValdheimBrautigan[Deleted User]
  • justintbhsjustintbhs Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Hell to the naw.