It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Life Staff full healer PvE Build for Solo, Group and Expedition (dungeon) gameplay experience.
I experimented with various life staff builds during my testing. My experience is from level 1-34. And of course, it’s beta so plenty can change. I ran Amrine Excavation about a dozen times to get a feel for dungeon healing. This build was by far my strongest and most “OP” I came up with for my 70 hour test session. I could easily solo and even face-tank 3-4 standard mobs in those tight quarters areas.
· Light armor- the 20% damage boost is a must have and dodge rolling is crucial.
· Stack Focus- this build really requires a high amount of Focus stacking. I put every attribute point into Focus. Any item with more Focus was an upgrade. By level 34 I was in the 180 Focus range. The bonuses for Focus are also very beneficial to healing.
· Faction vendor- grinding tokens for your faction vendor lets you buy great focus gear at various tiers. The level 25 tier has nice bonuses to lowering cooldowns and added physical protection. This is what I mostly used unless I looted a nice upgrade.
· Second weapon- whatever your personal preference. Weapon swapping isn’t really beneficial in this build. Personally, I just equipped whatever gave me the most Focus. If weapon swapping is your thing, I highly recommend not using another magic weapon as it will deplete your mana rapidly. Some like Hatchet for debuffing. Keep in mind, when you swap out of Life Staff you lose buffs such as Sacred Protection and Spirits United.
Must have skills:
· Absolved: Life Staffs Light and Heavy attack no longer take mana.
· Blissful Touch: Light attacks now heal target for 20% weapon damage when hitting an ally (this includes yourself). Now with Absolved + Blissful Touch you now have an endless spam heal.
· Mending Touch: Life Staffs Heavy Attack now removes one debuff when hitting an ally.(this is only way to remove debuffs unless going deep into Splash of Light line.
· Revitalize- When you hit with a light attack reduce all your cooldowns by 5%. Given that this build involves constant Light attack spam, it rapidly brings down your ability cooldowns.
My abilities and what I like:
· Sacred Ground –strong ability. Important to keep up on tank for not just the healing but the stamina regen buff.(Must have)
· Orb of Protection-nice buffing ability with short cd that also does good damage. Grants Fortify that reduces damage by 15% and Recovery which is a small health regen. Not as strong as other 2 abilities but compliment them well. Personally, I find it fun to use but the only I’d be willing to give up if other abilities get improvement.
· Beacon –VERY strong ability. Its full duration lasts even after the mob dies. You want constant uptime on this for boss fights.(Must have)
I lead off with Beacon followed by always using Orb of Protection whenever off cd. I save Sacred Ground for when tank has mobs rounded up and has picked his spot. All 3 of these abilities with their improvement skills, work very cohesively together. Can easily heal multiple players, keeps them fully topped off and continuously buffed. I don’t have to worry about single target healing which can be quite the chore in a game where constant movement is a key mechanic. In my experience, tanks are good about staying in the “blue stuff” and other players tend to follow suit. I tried the single target heals Divine Embrace and Lights Embrace but I wasn’t impressed. Single target healing just felt clunky and overly cumbersome for little reward. Single target heals just don’t feel impactful when there is a cooldown and the ability can’t be spammed. The combo of 3 AoE heals worked better at keeping others topped off and was more mana efficient. Rarely did anyone drop below 50% health. I didn’t try Splash of Light but the small amount healed with the long cooldown didn’t seem impressive. I’m curious if anyone else tried it and what their experience was like.
Overall, was fun being able to do damage while simultaneously healing, cleansing, and buffing. It’s a much more engaging experience compared to typical “whack-a-mole” sit in the background just healing style.
Something to note, Protectors Touch fortify buff does NOT stack with fortify buff from Orb of Protection.
Feel free to share your favorite Light Staff builds and let me know what you like or don’t like. I’d like to see others experiences with Life Staff healing, especially at higher levels.