Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon Talks Server Instability, Bug Fixes In New World Beta | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageAmazon Talks Server Instability, Bug Fixes In New World Beta | MMORPG.com

Amazon's Scot Lane, game director on New World, has taken to the MMO's forums to discuss server instability and ensuring worlds are available during the MMO's closed beta.

Read the full story here

Comments

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Zero excuse for server issues from amazon, history and money, no excuse. From what I've read and seen, at best a "ok" game. Nothing like what should be reasonably expected of infinite-resources-amazon. They seem to have made the (usual) mistake of not being able to decide just exactly what they wanted it to be, and then stick-to-that. Instead trying to make it to fit all the differently sized holes in the board that just plain don't fit the same shaped blocks.
    https://media0.giphy.com/media/J2zwN64xc4wgw/200w.gif
    KidRiskMsGamerladyBruceYee
  • TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320
    While it's not the best game I've ever played so far it has been fun. I stopped playing recently because I do not wanna burn myself out farming everything then having to do it again on launch day.
    GroqstrongTokkenKidRisk[Deleted User]RandomCasualtyMcSleazRemyVorenderhupaAgeniMallyxand 5 others.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    edited July 2021
    Every launch has server issues especially really popular/hyped ones.

Some stuff that I feel needs to be addressed:

Stamina regen - PvP easily turns into a dodge/roll fest because you go from 0-100 stam in 3 sec.

Reduce item drops from mobs and random chests and increase gold drops. You can get better from drops then what you can craft sometimes. This would help maintain player economy because durability is so easily repaired ppl just hang on to the good drops and dont buy off AH.

Spawn timers for certain quests need to be addressed.

Other then that it was a blast and ive stopped playing so i dont have burnout at launch.
    TokkenDhampirKidRisk[Deleted User][Deleted User]AgeniMallyxTacticalZombehultimateduck
  • bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Despite popular belief, throwing millions of dollars at hardware and expecting it to be a fix for "stability issues" is an extremely short sighted approach and just shows you know nothing. You can have the smallest of an mmo have coding go haywire and blaze up the most beast of a server, regardless of its scalability.
    Morgenes83Groqstrongsakeralloin
  • DhampirDhampir Member UncommonPosts: 161
    edited July 2021
    The game is a lot of fun. Amazon has done a great job addressing the issues from last year. Not perfect but heading in the right direction. I just hope they have good plans for expansions in the future.
    AvanahTacticalZombehultimateduck
    “Nothing is trivial.”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

“Sarah: "Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever...”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    "Server issue" is a big topic that can mean many things. This preview/beta is stressing their servers with bigger loads, log-in queues, etc. Things that can't be duplicated with their smallish group of alpha testers.

In other words, the beta is doing its job.
    Groqstrong[Deleted User]MsGamerladysk8chalifAgeniMallyxTacticalZombehultimateduckmmolou
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• bishop916bishop916 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    edited July 2021
    Dhampir said:
    The game is a lot of fun. Amazon has done a great job addressing the issues from last year. Not perfect but heading in the right direction. I just hope they have good plans for expansions in the future.
    It's better than where other similar games were at this spot in their development. I was having a pretty good time in-game, just exploring the first starter zone. It's not groundbreaking by any means - but fun enough. Crafting seems to be more of a priority than in other titles, which is a nice departure from the norm. I give it a solid 6.5 out of 10, in its current state; with anticipated improvements it could be a top MMO in short time.
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    It's an OK game that I will probably continue to play for a bit. It will be interesting to see if/how they try to expand it or add depth to the various aspects.

I'm still more excited for Diablo 2 Remastered.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    I have not played any MMO mush the past few years. I have started playing New World recently just to see how things are going. I must see that I am surprised how much fun I am having. I get a few SWG vides here and there. Not major but some. I am concerned as to the sameness of the three starting zones and the mechanic behind "factions". By that I mean you have these factions vying for control of the world yet they intermix everywhere. Seems a minor issue but is a little confusing. All in all I like the game so far.
    YashaX

Let's party like it is 1863!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Iselin said:
    "Server issue" is a big topic that can mean many things. This preview/beta is stressing their servers with bigger loads, log-in queues, etc. Things that can't be duplicated with their smallish group of alpha testers.

In other words, the beta is doing its job.
    And yet, I bet you they won't be prepared for Aug. 31st even with these stress tests. No one ever is, lol.
    "There will be blood bugs"™

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    It's funny cause all the hardcore PvPrs were pissed when it wasn't gonna be a OW survival PvP game, now they are planning on going hard on this game in PvP when it launches and are currently doing so in beta. Most likely they will burn themselves out fast though because I doubt Amazon will be able to keep up with pvp content, leaving the door open for us filthy PvP flag casuals.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter