Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I feel so lost and alone

13»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:

Like me ordering a new bed that has been delayed so I've been camping on my floor and finally broke down and ordered a good air mattress from Amazon for fear of wrecking my neck and shoulders.

bleh, there, I've done it. I'm horrible.
    Now you have me wondering what happened to your old bed that you couldn't keep sleeping on it until the new one arrives.

Active social life?
    wetting the bed?

Sky's the limit!

Just problems aligning bed removal, painters coming in and delivery of new bed.

So first world problems. :(
    AlBQuirky
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sovrath said:
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:

Like me ordering a new bed that has been delayed so I've been camping on my floor and finally broke down and ordered a good air mattress from Amazon for fear of wrecking my neck and shoulders.

Now you have me wondering what happened to your old bed that you couldn't keep sleeping on it until the new one arrives.

Active social life?
    wetting the bed?

Sky's the limit!

Just problems aligning bed removal, painters coming in and delivery of new bed.

So first world problems. :(
    Well as long as the authorities buy your explanation of why you had to get rid of the bed and repaint the room, that's all that matters,
    KyleranSovrathAlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    Unpopular opinion but I do not want to get to know you.  Any of you.  I already have a family I can barely afford.  Last thing I need is a group of people coming to me with "I can't pay my bills" or "I can't get a girlfriend" or "we had to put my dog down today."  

I HAVE A FAMILY ALREADY and I'm scared to death of what next...

That is why I'm not so very open to joining your brotherly love fest guild/group/team/chat/discord/whatever. 

But I like being around people all day.  Not inside their lives.  Around them. 

I joined Bless Unleashed because it's free and ton of players joined all at once.  This isn't a review for Bless.  It is to say I don't care what the game is like I want to play with the crowds.  Huge clumps of people is what I call fun.  Not getting to know you.

I agree. I'm not playing games "looking for friends." I have plenty of them already :)

But I do like playing with others. It's similar to being in a relationship where you're both chilling at home (separately reading a book, maybe cooking something in the kitchen, whatever) and just being near each other.
    Yep, agree also. 
    When I say "friends", I mean having people that I know aren't jerks, are honest and forthright, and have some sort of "of like mind" going. 
    I don't want personal life stuff. That usually gets into issues of RL that I'm not there for. 

I think part of that, the people who just open up and dump all their personal issues on people in online games, is about those people not having a sense of social intelligence.

On top of their issues of course.

Or better said, people just need to learn to read the room.

I see what you are saying. You are at the advantage because I can't respond without very likely getting another ban. 
    Most of you entirely missed my point, which wasn't that deep in the first place. I was surprised by that. 

I could go on, but the "room" isn't playing fair with me. 

Not sure why it would. Essentially I agree with you in any case.

I have made some friends through online gaming, good people, but there are people who will start causing conflict, hitting on other people, start talking about their divorces or that they are unemployed and don't know what to do, etc.

We all have our issues, some more dire than others but they are "our" issues.

I mean, I have my problems as well (though truthfully nothing dire) and I wouldn't go online and just start dumping on ya'll unless we were really talking a long time and things started getting personal but not "weird."

I mean, I'm an extrovert and I'll talk about anything to anyone.

But I wouldn't just get into a group and have the leader ask how everyone was and then I just blurt out something personal and sad.

"Not sure why it would."
    Out of an interest in fairness for all. 
    AlBQuirky

Once upon a time....