Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta key query

Riotact007Riotact007 Member UncommonPosts: 246
Beat key. Hi is there any other way other than pre-order and registering interest (which I've done) to get a beta key? 
I really want to try the game before I commit money, purely because my PC is old and mightn't run it. 
Thanks!

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    edited July 2021
    You can cancel the preorder  since they won't charge you till they release the game. Also Amazon prime membership has it.

• Riotact007Riotact007 Member UncommonPosts: 246
    kitarad said:
    You can cancel the preorder  sicne they won't charge you till they release the game. Also Amazon prime membership has it.
    wait, ive got amazon prime. can i get a key through that?
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    kitarad said:
    You can cancel the preorder  since they won't charge you till they release the game. Also Amazon prime membership has it.
    Nop

edited July 2021
    kitarad said:
    You can cancel the preorder  sicne they won't charge you till they release the game. Also Amazon prime membership has it.
    wait, ive got amazon prime. can i get a key through that?
    https://massivelyop.com/2021/07/20/new-worlds-closed-beta-finally-begins-today/

A rumor going around Reddit suggests all Amazon Prime members can access it as well. 

Gdemami

• Riotact007Riotact007 Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Amazon prime members dont get one :(
    So not true then ,, oh well you can preorder and cancel if you dislike it.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited July 2021
    I got a New World twitch drop but not beta key lol

How do you guys that have been in beta like the game so far?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• UnrealMeUnrealMe Newbie CommonPosts: 7
    Anyone tried this buy and return option? How long does it take for my purchase to be returned? I would love to play and see if it's worth it, but my home budget can't stand it
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited July 2021
    UnrealMe said:
    Anyone tried this buy and return option? How long does it take for my purchase to be returned? I would love to play and see if it's worth it, but my home budget can't stand it
    If you buy it through Amazon they don't charge you at all until the game releases at the end of August. The only downside is that it can take up to 48 hours to get your Steam key. You can cancel the pre-order right up to August 30.

If you buy it on Steam you get charged immediately but you also get the beta right away. Refunding can take a couple of days there unless you refund to your Steam wallet in which case it's more or less instant.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    I got a beta key today free off a twitch streamer, guess they gave quite a few key to streamers for them to give away during their streams.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.