Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Testing my claims?

1235»

Comments

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    Game is Nowhere near ready for launch but all the fanbois in-game will proverbially lynch you if you bring up delaying launch. Broken and overpowered weapons(Life staff and Greataxe is a either use it or lose meta), bugs everywhere that cripple the game, no  content at all, pvp is utterly meaningless(similar to Planetside 2 flip-flopping bases) that offer nothing of real value. You do get xp from killing players that have been alive for a while, but once dead and revived you won't get xp from killing them again.

Pvp comes down to the need to have a healer or losing and just blobbing up and winning with numbers as you spam greataxe attacks and fighting over meaningless epeen decoration that you lose 5 minutes later.

Really the only good part of the game I found was the variance in gathering/harvesting resources in the game world.

MurderHerd

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403
    Welp got a key for my son and I and I am debating with myself over pre ordering or not.   My son really, really likes the game but while I think it okay and has potential I am not sure it worth the 120$ for two standard packs it would cost me long term......

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Asm0deus said:
    Welp got a key for my son and I and I am debating with myself over pre ordering or not.   My son really, really likes the game but while I think it okay and has potential I am not sure it worth the 120$ for two standard packs it would cost me long term......
    If you sit tight for a bit the price will likely come down some not too long after launch.

[Deleted User]Asm0deusIsilithTehroth

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189
    anything less than the detail of DND say 3rd edn ruleset is kind of stupid to me. NW is just a brainless shitfest. Zero brain power needed to do anything.
    edited August 2021
    Zegaloth said:
    Asm0deus said:

It's only $40.00 USD on Steam

I don't live in the USA so it 60$cad for me ( is 60 for the deluxe and 50 for the standard however) and the currency here is in cad so as such that's what matters from my end.

:)

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Asm0deus said:
    Zegaloth said:
    Asm0deus said:

I don't live in the USA so it 60$cad for me and the currency here is in cad so as such that's what matters from my end.

$60 for deluxe, $50 for regular, eh?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Zegaloth said:
    Asm0deus said:

I don't live in the USA so it 60$cad for me and the currency here is in cad so as such that's what matters from my end.

$60 for deluxe, $50 for regular, eh?

Indeed I was thinking deluxe in my original post dunno why I typed standard lol