Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

COE Titles for Sale, secured by Blockchain!

2»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,985
    edited August 2021
    tzervo said:
    Scot said:

Going a little off-topic here, but I just wanted to take a moment to enjoy and celebrate the ban of the user who reacted to the first two posts.

The forum is a much better place now as far as I am concerned. 

Thanks, mods.
    Sorry.  I disagree.  Even though I disagreed with 98% of what he ever posted, the fact he is now removed just diminishes our opportunities for conversation.
    I remember your opinion on this matter from an earlier thread. I was aware of that you would not agree. 

I appreciate that you express your disagreement in a civilized manner. I am not offended by people who disagree with me. 
    I think he had to go, for me it was just what new posters must think, we need new posters!
    I think it is unfortunate that he got banned. I often agreed with him and I enjoyed his non-insulting posts.

I do not think it looks good on the members wishing others to go away or get banned. It definitely does not inspire potential new members.
    I agree with your last, I would never have reported him for example as I would not report anyone and yes people getting kicked out does not look good for new posters either. It's a tricky one, but I think more new players would be put off by lolling every time they posted so to me that had to stop.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    tzervo said:
    Scot said:

Going a little off-topic here, but I just wanted to take a moment to enjoy and celebrate the ban of the user who reacted to the first two posts.

Thanks, mods.
    Sorry.  I disagree.  Even though I disagreed with 98% of what he ever posted, the fact he is now removed just diminishes our opportunities for conversation.
    I remember your opinion on this matter from an earlier thread. I was aware of that you would not agree. 

I appreciate that you express your disagreement in a civilized manner. I am not offended by people who disagree with me. 
    I think he had to go, for me it was just what new posters must think, we need new posters!
    I think it is unfortunate that he got banned. I often agreed with him and I enjoyed his non-insulting posts.

I do not think it looks good on the members wishing others to go away or get banned. It definitely does not inspire potential new members.
    Hrrm, on the very few times I found myself in agreement with him I had to go back and consider where I might have gone wrong in my thinking.

Hopefully what temp bannings accomplish is to convince others to "be nice" or at least learn to post within the bounds of this site's fairly loose rules.

Now perma bans are extremely harsh and should be reserved for only the most onerous offenses IMO, but it's clear personal opinions on social issues are high risk especially when negative so should be avoided.
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    tzervo said:
    Kyleran said:

Hopefully what temp bannings accomplish is to convince others to "be nice" or at least learn to post within the bounds of this site's fairly loose rules.

Now perma bans are extremely harsh and should be reserved for only the most onerous offenses IMO, but it's clear personal opinions on social issues are high risk especially when negative so should be avoided.
    My understanding is that many of the recent bans are permanent. I hope I am wrong.
    I thought the same. And it would be a shame. We don’t need a statement being made that way, I hope.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleran[Deleted User]Scot
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,985
    lahnmir said:
    tzervo said:
    Kyleran said:

My understanding is that many of the recent bans are permanent. I hope I am wrong.
    I thought the same. And it would be a shame. We don’t need a statement being made that way, I hope.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I don't think it is possible to see if a ban is permanent, so that's guess work. It does concern me as I just don't see many new posters coming as replacements. Not sure how you can address that.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

Thanks, mods.
    I always see him/her getting banned, but I have never seen what for. They rarely make posts and when they do it is usually a one liner that ends in ...

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    I think a lot of the time, if not all the time, they delete the post that got them banned in the first place.  So there's often no way to see why someone was banned if you missed it.
    [Deleted User]KyleranYashaXScot