Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OT, and on a happy note...

AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
I gained my 1,000th loaf of bread today in RL. 
With that, I also gain the ability to use egg salad spread on my bread. Another 100 loaves, and I get salt! 

MMORPGs being what they are, I figured you all could appreciate my accomplishment. 

Once upon a time....

UngoodKyleranSovrathfinefluff[Deleted User]Po_gg[Deleted User]ScotRandomuser2020876AlBQuirkyand 1 other.

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    With that, I also gain the ability to use egg salad spread on my bread. Another 100 loaves, and I get salt! 

MMORPGs being what they are, I figured you all could appreciate my accomplishment. 
    Gratz yo! I just leveled up my sloppy joe to 95
    IselinUngoodAmarantharKyleranRandomuser2020876AlBQuirky[Deleted User]
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    bcbully said:

Gratz yo! I just leveled up my sloppy joe to 95
    Damn, man! Slow down Joe! 
    AlBQuirkyUngood

Once upon a time....

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    I laughed way harder than I think was normal at this.. I had a soda in my mouth, and everything, and needed to respawn and start again with a sippy cup.
    AmarantharCryomatrix[Deleted User]AlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

"No, Sloppy Joe's on first base." 

MendelUngoodRandomuser2020876AlBQuirky

Once upon a time....

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I love baking bread too but once I discovered the Dutch Oven, no knead, wet dough method, I can't go back to making it any other way. Guaranteed "artisan" loaf every time.

But I got a boost and used salt right from the beginning. I'll pass on the egg salad - I just need butter for mine.

:)

KylerancameltosisPo_ggRandomuser2020876AlBQuirkyUngood
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited July 2021
    Iselin said:
    "I love baking bread too" 

A thought that never once has entered my brain until you just mentioned it right now.

Much prefer letting my wife continue to do such.

;)
    ScotAlBQuirkyUngood

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    "I love baking bread too" 

A thought that never once has entered my brain until you just mentioned it right now.

Much prefer letting my wife continue to do such.

;)
    I don't cook nor bake often. I get that from my dad I guess. He also only ventured into the kitchen occasionally but when he did it was an event: "Behold! Today I will poke many holes in this hunk of beef, fill them with spices and roast it!"... (pause for applause) :)

It's enjoyable when you don't do it every day.
    [Deleted User]Randomuser2020876AlBQuirkyUngood
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,707
    Iselin said:
    but once I discovered the Dutch Oven

I've been trying to make a joke about this, but failed. I'll just say that reading this comment has kept me laughing for the last 10 minutes and taken me on a fun journey round the internet! So, thanks!

OT, I completed an epic quest today and cleaned my oven, it had been a few years!!

IselinUngoodAmarantharPo_ggRandomuser2020876AlBQuirkybcbully
    Iselin said:
    but once I discovered the Dutch Oven

I've been trying to make a joke about this, but failed. I'll just say that reading this comment has kept me laughing for the last 10 minutes and taken me on a fun journey round the internet! So, thanks!

OT, I completed an epic quest today and cleaned my oven, it had been a few years!!

I should have posted the video just to show everyone how dead simple this method is (as long as you have a Dutch Oven - I bought my first ever when I first heard about this method.)

It's as dummy proof as any bread baking can be:

AlBQuirkyUngood

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I got dutch oven confused with dutch rudder . . .
    AlBQuirkyUngood
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
    I love artisan bread dipped in olive oil. Delicious. 
    Add something to wash it down for the win. 
    A rich hot chocolate in the winter time, a fine concord wine, even a good apple juice, whatever your taste goes for. 
    AlBQuirkyUngood

Once upon a time....

• fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
    I use what they call a "poor man's dutch oven" as shown in this video.

IselinAmarantharAlBQuirkySovrathUngood
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Iselin said:
    I should have posted the video just to show everyone how dead simple this method is (as long as you have a Dutch Oven - I bought my first ever when I first heard about this method.)

No-knead bread, I call a heresy, sir!
    Kneading is the best part, otherwise the gluten...

Oh.
    Just occured to me, gluten is the arch-enemy for a few years now, it even makes your dick flying off.

South Park, always to the rescue :)
    IselinAmarantharRandomuser2020876AlBQuirkyUngood
    finefluff said:
    I use what they call a "poor man's dutch oven" as shown in this video.

Very cool and inventive and best of all no danger of burning the shit out of yourself with a pre-heated Dutch oven :)

I'll have to try it that way,
    AlBQuirkyUngood

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Yay Bread!   Hmn, now I'm hungry...
    AlBQuirkyUngood

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Po_gg said:
    Iselin said:

No-knead bread, I call a heresy, sir!
    Kneading is the best part, otherwise the gluten...

Oh.
    Just occured to me, gluten is the arch-enemy for a few years now, it even makes your dick flying off.

South Park, always to the rescue :)

Romans Used to Ward Off Sickness With Flying Penis Amulets - Atlas Obscura 
    Just so you know.
    Po_ggAlBQuirky[Deleted User]Ungood

Once upon a time....

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Ding!!
    AlBQuirky
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Awesome, there's always something new to learn. Those romans... B) 
    Article has its puns as well, like
    "And then there are the penis bullae with wings carved on them (cue the Red Bull ad here)."

Seems legit and effective, considering Pilate's buddy Biggus Dickus, or Brian's dad, the roman centurion Naughtius Maximus :)
    AlBQuirkyUngood
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    I visited the "cash shop" and just bought me a bread maker machine. SCORE!
    Ungood[Deleted User]SovrathKyleran

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    I skipped farming for a house and bought one from another player. I know it was a lot more money but dang it sure saved time. 
    AlBQuirkybcbullyUngood
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Ding! Level 2 Engineering! 

Just fixed the vacuum  
    [Deleted User]AmarantharUngoodAlBQuirky
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    I use a bread machine. Because, you know, I like to faceroll...
    bcbullyKyleranUngoodAlBQuirky

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil