Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Surprised how much I'm liking Ghost Recon Wildlands, any MMOs with a similar playstyle?

quix0tequix0te Member UncommonPosts: 138
I like the dynamic of short, bite-sized missions and longer, plot centered missions. The core gameplay is, to me, a little light, but still a ton of ways to approach the game.
My question is if there are any MMOs or other co-op games that are similarly mission/twitch focused.
I've been having fun with Marvel Avengers, but the lack of a lobby that allows you to pick a mission together is off-putting.
Likewise, Deeprock is fun, but the missions there tend to run loooong.  And you don't have very much flexibility in your loadout beyond completely switching classes.
In particular, I'd be interested in a supers/supernatural game where you worked your way through a map, possibly with friends.  Warframe, again, seems like a good fit there, but lacks the feeling of story that Wildlands has. Also, hella grindy.

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    "any MMOs with a similar playstyle?"
    Not anymore, but actually Defiance was pretty close.

The gameplay, the mission structure, the open world, the skills (especially camouflage/invisibility), with some smaller settlements even the layout was the same.
    No aerial vehicles though, nor bikes, just cars and ATVs. But driving those was just as clunky as Wildlands' controls.

Otherwise it could've been a match for you, the main story was good, NPCs too, and it had a lot more sidemissions and branching off - naturally, being an MMORPG.
    No bots around but other players, massive open raids, and the pvp wasn't small-scale either.

Fun game, severely mismanaged though, and canceled a few months ago.
    quix0te