Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall Paid Account Progression

13»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    On the plus side.  The bot is back up but they no longer seem to have access to accounts sold.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    It’s hosted on Amazon Web Servers.  I am 10000% sure they can handle a few dozen “pings” even it it happened every minute.

The level some people go to around here to try and avoid reality...   sheez. 
    That would wholly depend on the tier of service they've subscribed to for it and what else sits on that server with the API being pinged.

When I wrote my company's API backbone for our flagship product we had several other scripts running through task scheduler. So it largely depends on the capacity of the webserver you're subscribed to and how many other, if any, processes are running alongside it.
    UngoodKyleran
    edited July 2021
    It’s an mmorpg where you are sending data to and from each client every second.  We aren’t talking WOW population here.  We are talking 2-3000 players at a time, spread out over 13 servers.  If some Discords pinging population numbers once every 15 minutes is causing an impact, the game has far bigger issues to worry about.

Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    GdemamiKyleran

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    It’s an mmorpg where you are sending data to and from each client every second.  We aren’t talking WOW population here.  We are talking 2-3000 players at a time, spread out over 13 servers.  If some Discords pinging population numbers once every 15 minutes is causing an impact, the game has far bigger issues to worry about.

Lets see, you have mentioned that your guild has 9 members, no doubt you have your own discord, and are pinking malekaibot for info, frequently.

If they maintain around 3,000 active players, which translates to anywhere between 30 - 50K active players, which, if your guild is of average size, given your fussing before about groups only being 15 people at a time, and then made up several various guilds, so, that would still come to 5,000 constantly pinging their servers, that is not "some discords" that is a whole lot of discords, in fact that is more discords then they have active players at any given time.

Kinda amazed they have not shut that shit down sooner.

Gdemami
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    edited July 2021
    Ungood said:

Lets see, you have mentioned that your guild has 9 members, no doubt you have your own discord, and are pinking malekaibot for info, frequently.

If they maintain around 3,000 active players, which translates to anywhere between 30 - 50K active players, which, if your guild is of average size, given your fussing before about groups only being 15 people at a time, and then made up several various guilds, so, that would still come to 5,000 constantly pinging their servers, that is not "some discords" that is a whole lot of discords, in fact that is more discords then they have active players at any given time.

yeah because every single discord is actively pinging. More servers pinging you say then people playing.

Geez you are really white knighting.  You even typing this stuff with a straight face.

Haha wonder what they will come up with next to explain it.  I am sure it will be a whopper.
    Brainy said:
    Ungood said:

yeah because every single discord is actively pinging. More servers pinging you say then people playing.

Geez you are really white knighting.  You even typing this stuff with a straight face.

Haha wonder what they will come up with next to explain it.  I am sure it will be a whopper.
    Alright, in the sense of civil fairness, because maybe you might have some insight that I may have overlooked, can you give me any good reason why any of these discords of people that are in fact interested in the game (Ergo, Discords for Crowfall Guilds, Discords that follow MMO's, Discords that Follow PVP, Discords that follow Kickstarter Games, etc), wouldn't be pinging to check status?

Now, I have just taken into account the Discords that would be Guilds that play the game, and for life of me, I cannot think of any reason why they wouldn't pink the Bot at least from time to time.

So maybe you have insight that you care to share on that.. 
    Gdemami
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

edited July 2021
    Ungood said:
    Brainy said:
    Ungood said:

Alright, in the sense of civil fairness, because maybe you might have some insight that I may have overlooked, can you give me any good reason why any of these discords of people that are in fact interested in the game (Ergo, Discords for Crowfall Guilds, Discords that follow MMO's, Discords that Follow PVP, Discords that follow Kickstarter Games, etc), wouldn't be pinging to check status?

Now, I have just taken into account the Discords that would be Guilds that play the game, and for life of me, I cannot think of any reason why they wouldn't pink the Bot at least from time to time.

LOL I will tell you why, because not enough people even care.  I mean 1k-3k people are playing,  you think everyone's discord on the planet is pinging Crowfall?

Dude get out of your echo chamber.

First not everyone goes on discord, 2nd not everyone is in guilds, 3rd why would they need to put it on thier discord when they can just go to a website to see the numbers.  I get this irritates you, but you are in some lovesickness or something.  But I bet my son doesn't even know if Crowfall is doing good or bad.  If this game was getting tons of attention it would have better player numbers. 

I will go further and say if every media on the planet actually started talking about Crowfall even if it was negative.  It would actually bump the numbers big time.
    Gdemami
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited July 2021
    Just want to point out that they just added a thing that boots you from the game if you go afk for a minute...

Maybe reducing as many people online as possible to reduce lag + people camping alt accounts in zones is intended to improve gameplay for people playing?

If they are willing to boot people in a minute doesn't that go against wanting a lot of people online for appearance/pop numbers? If they cared about pop numbers wouldn't they just let any amount ppl afk in zones like they did before?
    Ungood
    Brainy said:
    Ungood said:
    Brainy said:
    Ungood said:

LOL I will tell you why, because not enough people even care.  I mean 1k-3k people are playing,  you think everyone's discord on the planet is pinging Crowfall?

Dude get out of your echo chamber.

First not everyone goes on discord, 2nd not everyone is in guilds, 3rd why would they need to put it on thier discord when they can just go to a website to see the numbers.  I get this irritates you, but you are in some lovesickness or something.  But I bet my son doesn't even know if Crowfall is doing good or bad.  If this game was getting tons of attention it would have better player numbers. 

I will go further and say if every media on the planet actually started talking about Crowfall even if it was negative.  It would actually bump the numbers big time.
    Anyone with a Discord and even remotely into Crowfall would have a Malekaibot to let them see the numbers, it would be beyond moronic to go to some other website when you can just ping the bot in discord, because your logged into it talking trash with your friends and guildmates anyway. Really, not a hard thing to grasp, good hell, anyone in any Discord channel would already know this.

And if your Son is in a Discord that deals with Crowfall at all, he has seen the bot as well, and might even be to point that he is as annoyed with it.

Now, I asked for one reason for any Discord that deals with Crowfall to not have the bot, and you failed miserably, I can't say I was expecting much from you to start with, but you know, give your audaciousness, I thought, maybe you might have had something I didn't already know, some inside info, but, alias, that was not the case, you clearly got Zip, diddly, nothing, as far as info on this, and given the body of your post, it appears to be even less then what I have at my disposable.

Well.. in fairness, I did give you the chance to impress me, and I have got to admit, you totally dropped the ball.

Maybe next discussion you will make a better showing of yourself, and when called, you will provide something of substance, like you failed to do this time.

How often do you think the bot pings?  Nobody is looking for second by second updates.   Each Discord, at best, is pinging a few times an hour.  Even the unofficial Crowfall Discord which is the largest one only pings every few minutes.  Sometimes going an hour or more between pings. 

I will say this, and it’s totally unscientific and just personal experience,  but my Guild of 9/10 is down to 2.5 players now.   Everyone is posting New World stuff in Discord.   Ran as a Duo for 3 hours today on NA East 2.  Roamed each zone,  Arboreum, Lunarium, Solarium and Skypoint.   It was Saturday but it was dead.  We had maybe 3 decent fights, and ran from 2 where they were 5 man groups.  The zones were empty.  Very few harvesters.  Nobody farming cash.  Dead.  Now I know the population on the East Dregs was double.  So I’m sure that had more action,  but we are ruled out of that now by only having 2 players.  Not blaming the Dregs,  they are meant for larger guilds, but I’m super pissed that no FvFvF server launched, and pretty sure that I’ll be taking a Crowfall holiday starting Weds as we hit New World Beta.  Maybe in the future they launch a server and the population ticks up.  I hope so as I have years and years of VIP stored up…. But for now. I’ve hit Purple on 4 crafting/harvesting professions and just can’t even phantom the grind (crafting AND gold farming) that I need to get Legendary in them.  Plus, nobody is buying shit from vendors. 
    GdemamiBrainy

How often do you think the bot pings?  Nobody is looking for second by second updates.   Each Discord, at best, is pinging a few times an hour.  Even the unofficial Crowfall Discord which is the largest one only pings every few minutes.  Sometimes going an hour or more between pings. 

I will say this, and it’s totally unscientific and just personal experience,  but my Guild of 9/10 is down to 2.5 players now.   Everyone is posting New World stuff in Discord.   Ran as a Duo for 3 hours today on NA East 2.  Roamed each zone,  Arboreum, Lunarium, Solarium and Skypoint.   It was Saturday but it was dead.  We had maybe 3 decent fights, and ran from 2 where they were 5 man groups.  The zones were empty.  Very few harvesters.  Nobody farming cash.  Dead.  Now I know the population on the East Dregs was double.  So I’m sure that had more action,  but we are ruled out of that now by only having 2 players.  Not blaming the Dregs,  they are meant for larger guilds, but I’m super pissed that no FvFvF server launched, and pretty sure that I’ll be taking a Crowfall holiday starting Weds as we hit New World Beta.  Maybe in the future they launch a server and the population ticks up.  I hope so as I have years and years of VIP stored up…. But for now. I’ve hit Purple on 4 crafting/harvesting professions and just can’t even phantom the grind (crafting AND gold farming) that I need to get Legendary in them.  Plus, nobody is buying shit from vendors. 
    This game thinks it has bad numbers now?  Wait until New World.  Not saying New World is gonna be great, but its gonna get the hype for sure.  Its suckering me in.  I am going into the beta with low expectations lol.