Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall Paid Account Progression

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Scorchien said:
    bcbully said:
    This guy has went from exposing studios that have no plans of really launching a mmorpg....

to attacking a fully launched, community supported crowed funded mmorpg. One of the only crowed funded mmorpgs success stories. 

@Slapshot1188 Look at yourself dude. Youre even bragging about a post in your sig. In sports we call this reading your own press clippings. You are a text book example what happens when people do that. You've lost your way. 

Fully Launched is a bit of a reach

and success story is a very big reach
    More fully released, more of a success than literally 99% of all crowed-funded mmorpgs. 
    YashaXBruceYeeUngood[Deleted User]
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Sold accounts updated on the OP.

bcbullyGdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    3400 new accounts is that concurrent players or is that total?

Because if that's total, that's worse than I thought.  Hard to believe they are even releasing that number.
    GdemamiMorgenes83
  • TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 189
    These numbers are actually good. I didn't think so many new accounts were being opened. My bad.

I low ball guestimate Artcraft's operating costs at $600,000 a month. With $50 per new account (box + VIP), then 12,000 new accounts a month should do. Currently they're at 2,500 in 3 days, tracking towards 20,000 in the first month.  
    [Deleted User]GdemamiUngood
    Brainy said:
    3400 new accounts is that concurrent players or is that total?

Because if that's total, that's worse than I thought.  Hard to believe they are even releasing that number.
    That's the total new account purchases since 7/9
    BrainyYashaX

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Scorchien said:

Nope.. No reach needed.. it launched. Live, active right now, with the name "Live Server" on the launcher.. it's 100% legit live launched game at this point.

If you were resting your laurels hoping for another beta wipe before launch, I regretfully need to inform you, that is not going to happen, the game is officially live now.

As far as it being as Success, well, I for one see this a massive win for Crowed Funded MMO's, a solid, fun MMO style game was made and released, fully live, and open, no longer hiding behind EA or beta, fully launched, and hopefully this will get other developers into a hustle to also make that jump to releasing their project games as well.
    bcbully[Deleted User]
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited July 2021
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:

Nope.. No reach needed.. it launched. Live, active right now, with the name "Live Server" on the launcher.. it's 100% legit live launched game at this point.

If you were resting your laurels hoping for another beta wipe before launch, I regretfully need to inform you, that is not going to happen, the game is officially live now.

As far as it being as Success, well, I for one see this a massive win for Crowed Funded MMO's, a solid, fun MMO style game was made and released, fully live, and open, no longer hiding behind EA or beta, fully launched, and hopefully this will get other developers into a hustle to also make that jump to releasing their project games as well.

They omitted a number of features that were promoted thruout the KS , so they have launched Crowfall but not  (Not Fully) what was promoted and i dont think they ever will be able to .. ,(that was my sarcastic point ) that clearly overshot your head...

So yea , of course it launched , ya know what else launched .. My dog launched a turd also ..

Its far from a success , Like  i said a month ago and i stand by it ..

F2P with cash shop inside 13 months ..

Shuttered inside 3 years ..

in 3 months they will be operating in the red..

( of course , unless they make a drastic turn around in several areas)

This will not get any devs/pubs do anything at all aside from pause

Ill add , noone involved is happy with this launch ... Is the feedback i got

I know .. i know .. what does Scorch know .. right .

Im the same guy that told yas on 12/19 that the the heavy hitters at OGTLF were unhappy and going to get out ..

Everyone mocked .. Today they are all gone OGTLF has lost 6.2 Billion in market value ...

A lawsuit (like i said on 12/19 ) is lining up ..

Now as much as i would really like to see Crowfall succeed , Im very skeptical , They have put themselves directly behind the 8 ball ..

But i do hope they can prove me wrong .. there could be a good game in there . Its needs alot tho , and it will take a while .

Time they do not have or can afford to string out ..

Gdemami
    OP is updated.
    Averaging about 1,000 new paid accounts each day since the 9th.

YashaXGdemami

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    OP is updated.

That sounds really good to me, assuming most of those are new players and not current players just buying more accounts.
    Gdemami
    edited July 2021
    YashaX said:
    OP is updated.

That sounds really good to me, assuming most of those are new players and not current players just buying more accounts.
    Revenue is revenue.  They need to keep selling. Will be interesting to see how the weekend numbers look and if these folks add to the population.
    At 10 Eastern there were 3083 players online.  Pretty consistent. Don’t really want to discuss population in this thread.  It’s more about the revenue,  but interesting that’s it’s pretty steady.

Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:

They omitted a number of features that were promoted thruout the KS , so they have launched Crowfall but not  (Not Fully) what was promoted and i dont think they ever will be able to .. ,(that was my sarcastic point ) that clearly overshot your head...

So yea , of course it launched , ya know what else launched .. My dog launched a turd also ..

Its far from a success , Like  i said a month ago and i stand by it ..

F2P with cash shop inside 13 months ..

Shuttered inside 3 years ..

in 3 months they will be operating in the red..

( of course , unless they make a drastic turn around in several areas)

This will not get any devs/pubs do anything at all aside from pause

Ill add , noone involved is happy with this launch ... Is the feedback i got

I know .. i know .. what does Scorch know .. right .

Im the same guy that told yas on 12/19 that the the heavy hitters at OGTLF were unhappy and going to get out ..

Everyone mocked .. Today they are all gone OGTLF has lost 6.2 Billion in market value ...

A lawsuit (like i said on 12/19 ) is lining up ..

Now as much as i would really like to see Crowfall succeed , Im very skeptical , They have put themselves directly behind the 8 ball ..

But i do hope they can prove me wrong .. there could be a good game in there . Its needs alot tho , and it will take a while .

Time they do not have or can afford to string out ..

I have no idea who OGTLF even is.. so.. whatever on that one.

And yes it launched, it went live, you seem to be unable to handle that.. which really is a personal problem on your end and if your dog is launching turds, you should being them checked out by a vet, as projectile shitting is not a good sign.

As far as the game itself goes.. It's a decent game.

NGL, it's not a great game, and my guild lost 20 members, since launch, still had 91 playing this evening however, so there is that.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

OP Updated for today.  Sales fell off.  Not unexpected during the week, but they really need to have a good weekend...

4573 sold as of today.  Average now about 900/day.
    Gdemami

Updated for today.  Sales continue to decline.  834 per day average.
    Big weekend coming up.  Last one pre- New World.

KyleranGdemami

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Does any White knight actually think this is a AAA game?

IMO it is not even a AA game,it is a few different boxes to pvp in,that is how i see it.

Does anyone think someone really interested in exploration will see this as THE game?How about crafting,are players lined up thinking OMG this is THE crafting game?
    How about scripted PVE content,are players lined up thinking this game is the shit when comes to scripted content?

So what exactly is this and WHY are people still defending this as something worthwhile playing?

I have 3 games i go to and NONE of them cost me anything extra.FFXI private servers,Valheim and Atlas and well Ark as well,I paid once that is it that is all.THIS game is going to try it's best to grind money out of you continually so WHY would you support such a scummy design?

I bet i will still play all of these games on/off for the next 10 years as well,can anyone say they will likely be playing Crowfall even 1 year from now?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

It appears Artcraft has restricted population and account data.   So may not be able to report the numbers going forward.

I wonder why they would do that... ;) ;)
    KyleranBrainyGdemami

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    It appears Artcraft has restricted population and account data.   So may not be able to report the numbers going forward.

Excess humility, don't want SQENIX to get jealous.
    [Deleted User]Brainy[Deleted User]UngoodLinif

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

The last graph showing population.  Note this one includes people who timed out and are sitting at the login server.  usually between 400-800.  But the trend is clear.

And here is the last Bot pull that I could find from earlier today.  Showing 91638 total accounts.  233 sold since last update yesterday.

Crowfall Population on LIVE
    Campaigns
    Gods Reach US East 1 (Gods Reach Ruleset) | Population: 101 / 1400 | us-east-1
    Gods Reach US West 1 (Gods Reach Ruleset) | Population: 78 / 1400 | us-west-2
    Gods Reach EU 1 (Gods Reach Ruleset) | Population: 160 / 1400 | eu-central-1
    Gods Reach Australia 1 (Gods Reach Ruleset) | Population: 115 / 1400 | ap-southeast-2
    Gods Reach Brazil 1 (Gods Reach Ruleset) | Population: 72 / 1400 | sa-east-1
    Gods Reach US East 2 (Gods Reach Ruleset) | Population: 89 / 1400 | us-east-1
    Gods Reach US East 3 (Gods Reach Ruleset) | Population: 87 / 1400 | us-east-1
    Gods Reach US West 2 (Gods Reach Ruleset) | Population: 59 / 1400 | us-west-2
    Gods Reach EU 2 (Gods Reach Ruleset) | Population: 108 / 1400 | eu-central-1
    Solvek (EU) (Dregs Ruleset - Max Group Size 6) | Population: 86 / 1800 | eu-central-1
    Campaigns Part 2
    Nermara (US East) (Dregs Ruleset - Max Group Size 6) | Population: 88 / 1800 | us-east-1
    Imerlin (US West) (Dregs Ruleset - Max Group Size 6) | Population: 198 / 1800 | us-west-2
    Eternal Kingdoms
    There are 71 "players" across 38 EKs.
    Current Crowfall Population
    There are 1312 players in Crowfall.
    This represents 1.43172 % of the total number of paid-for accounts (91,638).

Gdemami

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Zegaloth said:
    tzervo said:
    Wizardry said:

I have 3 games i go to and NONE of them cost me anything extra.FFXI private servers,Valheim and Atlas and well Ark as well,I paid once that is it that is all.THIS game is going to try it's best to grind money out of you continually so WHY would you support such a scummy design?

I bet i will still play all of these games on/off for the next 10 years as well,can anyone say they will likely be playing Crowfall even 1 year from now?
    Also Wizardry on Valheim:
    Wizardry said:
    If anyone tries to claim the game is simply not for me,you need to give your head a shake.I love survival games,this game is simply CRAP at everything it does.

I have watched way more than i cared to have watched but i have yet to see anything done as well as in Atlas/Ark and in most cases very sub par design.
    I should repeat,i LOVE survival games and am searching the net every day or two in hoeps of finding a new one worth playing.This game is NOT worth playing,not even for free and because i stated it does nothing well and definitely is not trying to do enough in taming/building/boating/mounts/bosses/world it all looks like some game made 15+ years ago.
    Or Atlas:
    Wizardry said:
    I wouldn't go expecting much development into this game,if anything i would expect ANOTHER con job trying to sell a DLC for it.
    Watched Summit1g play for a bit today,first of all the guy has NO CLUE wtf he is talking about but whatever.He was talking about developers need a consultant,umm yeah if they were actually trying to be legit but they are NOT,they are fully aware of what they are releasing for sale,they don't need anyone to tell them.

A mentioned by others this is or was suppose to be an ARK DLC but of course you can make an easier and more sales if panning it off as a NEW GAME.
    NO it is not a NEW game,it is an ARK mod and using the Early access excuse is rubbish.

Is it worth $8?? Well i feel the average person can no way get anymore than 2-3 weeks maximum then it will be filed away forever or deleted.People are very easily captured by the simplicity of striving towards goals,so build your fort,build your ship,explore the seas...all done.
    It's easy, all you have to do is find a game that he says is better than the game he is currently trashing, google the release date of that game and then go to the comments around that date.

As soon as I see his avatar my eyes start to glaze over. I wish I could find some actually thoughtful, and articulate posts from him, but I don't have the time or energy to sift through it. Kudo's to you for looking into the abyss and still living to tell the tale.

Some of what he's saying is true though... Even as someone who likes/plays the game I'm not going to deny everything someone is saying if they speak the truth. At this point I think he throws out 1-2 things in his posts that make no sense at all to prevent himself from being banned and just labeled the resident 'crazy guy'. There he goes old joe again just ranting and ravin' like a madman... no one really takes THAT guy too seriously which is IMO how I think he likes it..

I would categorize CF as a ultra niche AA game. People ARE separated into boxes like he says AND the games he plays Atlas/Ark/Valheim technically ARE a better value for a non-pvper like him.

People either love or hate CF and that is undeniable at this point. My guild are so hardcore into the game they are kinda stressing me out tbh lol. I was in Arch in Albion and this CF guild is 10x more serious... I never thought being called to X zone in Albion by Arch was so easy until I experienced the next level some guilds in CF are taking it..
    KyleranGdemami

You don't think they are doing that because the servers are so packed with people they want to devote every ounce of processor power to the servers so they can take the huge exponential growth they are expecting this weekend?
    KyleranSlapshot1188Gdemami
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    tzervo said:
    Wizardry said:

Also Wizardry on Valheim:
    Wizardry said:
    If anyone tries to claim the game is simply not for me,you need to give your head a shake.I love survival games,this game is simply CRAP at everything it does.

I have watched way more than i cared to have watched but i have yet to see anything done as well as in Atlas/Ark and in most cases very sub par design.
    I should repeat,i LOVE survival games and am searching the net every day or two in hoeps of finding a new one worth playing.This game is NOT worth playing,not even for free and because i stated it does nothing well and definitely is not trying to do enough in taming/building/boating/mounts/bosses/world it all looks like some game made 15+ years ago.
    Or Atlas:
    Wizardry said:
    I wouldn't go expecting much development into this game,if anything i would expect ANOTHER con job trying to sell a DLC for it.
    Watched Summit1g play for a bit today,first of all the guy has NO CLUE wtf he is talking about but whatever.He was talking about developers need a consultant,umm yeah if they were actually trying to be legit but they are NOT,they are fully aware of what they are releasing for sale,they don't need anyone to tell them.

A mentioned by others this is or was suppose to be an ARK DLC but of course you can make an easier and more sales if panning it off as a NEW GAME.
    NO it is not a NEW game,it is an ARK mod and using the Early access excuse is rubbish.

Is it worth $8?? Well i feel the average person can no way get anymore than 2-3 weeks maximum then it will be filed away forever or deleted.People are very easily captured by the simplicity of striving towards goals,so build your fort,build your ship,explore the seas...all done.
    It's easy, all you have to do is find a game that he says is better than the game he is currently trashing, google the release date of that game and then go to the comments around that date.
    Yeeees you are becoming strong in the way
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Brainy said:

You don't think they are doing that because the servers are so packed with people they want to devote every ounce of processor power to the servers so they can take the huge exponential growth they are expecting this weekend?
    Or maybe because every discord that does PvP. or MMO tracking, is spamming the malekaiBot for info, and this is lagging the ever living fuck out of the game?

I mean.. I dunno.. maybe it's not.. but maybe it is, and they figured they would just shut that shit down.
    GdemamiLinif

Ungood said:
    Brainy said:

Or maybe because every discord that does PvP. or MMO tracking, is spamming the malekaiBot for info, and this is lagging the ever living fuck out of the game?

I mean.. I dunno.. maybe it's not.. but maybe it is, and they figured they would just shut that shit down.
    Anything is possible.  You tell me, is that what you believe?  That they are shutting down player number reporting to stop lag?

I guess 4am reports, cant give those either, because hey we gotta stop those 4am lag spikes right?

I don't blame them actually, if I was them I would want to hide these numbers big time, but I don't think lag is the reason.
    GdemamiUngood
    Brainy said:
    Ungood said:
    Brainy said:

Anything is possible.  You tell me, is that what you believe?  That they are shutting down player number reporting to stop lag?

I guess 4am reports, cant give those either, because hey we gotta stop those 4am lag spikes right?

I don't blame them actually, if I was them I would want to hide these numbers big time, but I don't think lag is the reason.
    To be honest, I don't know, but I do know, everyone and their brother has been pinging their system for numbers using that bot, like every half hour, and that has to cause some lag on the system when that happens. Do I think it is enough to cause lag issues, I have no idea, but then again you are dealing with a PVP game, and that means a population of players where if there is a nano-second of lag they lose their shit.

But I wager it's more a nuisance than anything else for them, like getting endlessly poked on FB, and they finally took that feature out.

As far as turning it on at 4am and off between 12 and 8 Pm prime time, or whatever, I could be wrong, but I get the vibe that doing something like that, is more an on/off style, then like "Well we will turn it off for prime time and turn it back on again for off time" and that is like.. WTF do we need to turn this on for our off time?

Anyway, personally, I am a little happy this endless player count thing has stopped, my guild has started to post screenshots of the game happening as opposed to just spamming Malekibot 

• LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    Ungood said:
    Brainy said:

The optics are bad on doing it though. I would have thought they'd explain it so it could disperse the majority of the nonsense.

Personally, wht you said makes sense but there are easier ways to solve that problem without making yourself (Crowfall devs) look bad.

So I'm inclined to think it was because people were reporting low numbers constantly and that's driving off potential buyers. It's a shame, but I hope the game bounces in popularity some point soon.
    UngoodGdemamiKyleran
    edited July 2021
    It’s hosted on Amazon Web Servers.  I am 10000% sure they can handle a few dozen “pings” even it it happened every minute.

The level some people go to around here to try and avoid reality...   sheez. 
    GdemamiYashaXBrainyKyleran