Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This video about the Ice Gauntlet interested me much more than any pf the official AGS hype videos

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
I play mages in MMOs - I'll play other builds too but magic based builds are my main interest and always have been going all the way back to Asheron's Call.

One of my disappointments when I played the New World beta last summer was that magic was definitely a second class citizen build. You could play with a fire staff but it paled in comparison to everything else, ranged or melee. On top of that, the logical magic pairing of Fire staff/healing staff was not ideal since one uses Intelligence and the other one focus as the primary stat - it was doable but not optimal.

Enter the Ice Gauntlet. Not only is it also Int based but it brings a host of unique damage, CC, defensive and buff skills. It's made to be paired with a fire staff for a legit first class magic build but can also be used as support for anything else (including the healing staff) losing damage obviously, if you don't max Int but the support and CC components are barely impacted by that.

I've been searching online for videos about its potential use in builds and found this one with a pretty detailed breakdown of the skills use as your secondary weapon with an emphasis on PvP. Got to admit it got my juices flowing a bit and interested me in giving the game a second chance in the next beta much more than any of the AWS silly hype videos has.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

SovrathYashaX[Deleted User]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Yeah that looks great, massive improvement over the previous weapons.