Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon Producer's Letter Talks Team Updates, Game Development Progress Heading Into The Rest Of Su

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imagePantheon Producer's Letter Talks Team Updates, Game Development Progress Heading Into The Rest Of Summer | MMORPG.com

In a new producer's letter, Creative Director Chris Perkins talks about the progress being made to Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, including the additions to the team itself, as well as updates pushing the game's development forward.

Read the full story here

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Really looking forward to the next stream. Really want to see the new monk class in action. Also the hobbit art looks awesome.
    Tokken
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I want to see the first mmorpg to get he core basics down for world building.Peception...pfft i want to perceive the world as being plausibly realistic an ECO system is a must.
    "content creator"Yes i want to see some real content and not the typical fill a menu system with 1500 stupid unrealistic quests.

OPEN<<keyword,i want a true open world and not a linear path that every single player will be following the same bread crumb laden path.<br /> I don't want to lead a group into some INSTANCE with linear dungeon walls all leading to some Boss.

Skills/abilities,that is where it is at.Don't give me some MUST have tier system,like i must have this tier of gear to fight this tier of npcs.I want to develop various skills and abilities that allow for better swimming,maybe better endurance,better at using specific weapons/tools.

Like for example,WHY do we seemingly get WORSE with our skills in all these rpg's?We should be getting better,like if it took 7 hits to chop down a tree,we should be taking 2 or 3 hits later on.Devs just create grinds to keep us occupied longer instead of giving us more to do.Like it'll take me 3 pieces of wood to craft something at level 5 but later on at level 50 crafting all of a sudden i need 15 pieces of wood,it is like i am have become LESS skilled,less efficient with my crafts all because the devs just want us to grind more.

All these little things add up to FINALLY getting the mmorpg i long dreamed for.If these guys and YES i think these guys are going to go down the same OLD aged beaten path,then this game will never be good,it'll just be a reskinned same old.
    Kyleran

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I honestly feel like this is going to be Vanguard part deux.VG had that one gimmick Diplomacy idea and this game is going for that one gimmick perception idea.They need to focus on the core basics not some gimmick idea that we need to grind up.

I don't think they even thought about this perception gimmick.Like have they not seen how 99.9% of players play these mmorpg's?I will tell you how,they RACE to end game.So HOW are you going to have a single player gimmick like perception come into play with a GROUPING game effort?So what is going to happen,the whole group follows each otehr around all leveling up their perception at the same time like they are all going to be spending everyday playing some Perception mini game?
    NO...all these grouped players will be trying to speed through levels until they get to the last lootbuilding phase/instance dungeons.
    We need to LOSE this mentality on how to play mmorpg's because they make it so 99% of these games are a complete waste of time and the only part that matters is the last 0.1% of the grind.
    Kyleran

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    edited June 2021
    Imo Looks great, will be playing this game for years to come, Vanguard was good, but they released so unfinished it failed hard, huge parts of the world had no npc or monsters to kill, but the areas that had content was awesome.
    Whytewulf
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited June 2021
    These guys are in pre-alpha still and give real updates, much unlike Camelot Unchained which MJ claims is in beta (rofl). This game actually feels like it will be a finished product one day.
    GdemamiNanfoodle
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    This game has been on my radar for ages- I really hope to see them deliver on all promises.
    So far they have been outspoken and honest in regards to progession.

lets hope to see this game released sometime 2023.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

I find it ridiculous how long some of these 'projects' sit in development. 

They have moved on to better development tools. Like Houdini, so over the past several months they have been rolling out development at a much faster speed. They have rolled out 3 new classes very quickly since they started using the new tools.
  • SenbonFanSenbonFan Member UncommonPosts: 59

Who knew Game Development was so hard!?

Seriously. After what happened with VG and Microsoft's little "Release it now or we'll pull funding" BS, I think it's better for them to release an actual polished game.

Rather than complaining about long dev times, I'd actually prefer devs to hold off on announcing a project until it's in a presentable phase precisely so we don't get situations like the current quagmire (which is improving) with MMOs xD
    GdemamiBrainy
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Mensur said:
    This game has been on my radar for ages- I really hope to see them deliver on all promises.
    So far they have been outspoken and honest in regards to progession.

lets hope to see this game released sometime 2023.
    That would be the optimistic projection, 2024 or 2025 is more realistic unless they procure the additional investment they're looking for.

GdemamiMensur

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    SenbonFan said:

Who knew Game Development was so hard!?

Seriously. After what happened with VG and Microsoft's little "Release it now or we'll pull funding" BS, I think it's better for them to release an actual polished game.

Rather than complaining about long dev times, I'd actually prefer devs to hold off on announcing a project until it's in a presentable phase precisely so we don't get situations like the current quagmire (which is improving) with MMOs xD
    I think its a no brainer to say you feel someone should delay to release something rather then nothing.  Pretty bad choice really.  Do you feel the same if it takes 25 years? or 50 years?  What about 100 years?

At what point do you hold people accountable to a realistic expectation of what they promised?  They mislead many people with their BS.  Pretty sure most people didn't expect this game to take 10-15 years or longer when they put there money in.

If they give refunds, then I would be more opt to let them go about their business.  Until then I don't think they deserve a pass at all.

GdemamiKidRiskKyleran
  • MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307
    The problem with the length of these developments is the size and scope they want at release. If i were to do a crowd funded MMO I would aim for 20-30 levels to start not 50-60 or more. Get the first 20 levels down and prove you know what you're doing and money won't be an issue.
    GdemamiMendel
  • goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    Are they still on time for a 2075 release?
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    I agree with many that it's just dragging on too long, by the time it's "ready" at this pace it'll be hopelessly outdated. But I still have to somehow hope as this is pretty much the only 1 in "development" I have any real interest in. The state of this genre being what it is...
    Oh and how I have longed for the Summoner, that it might be presented at-last! Squee! at long-last!
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    I loved the Ranger class in Vanguard. Looking forward to what they come up with for the Ranger in Pantheon.
    --------------------------------------------

I loved the Ranger class in Vanguard. Looking forward to what they come up with for the Ranger in Pantheon.

If I remember right, Ranger is one of the next few classes in the Q to see soon. They were showing off the animations already for the Ranger.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Markn said:
    The problem with the length of these developments is the size and scope they want at release. If i were to do a crowd funded MMO I would aim for 20-30 levels to start not 50-60 or more. Get the first 20 levels down and prove you know what you're doing and money won't be an issue.

Scope is most definitely killing these efforts, no matter the funding mechanism.  They aim high and fall flat.  You'd figure that someone would have thought to restrict their aims and goals to what their team is capable of in a reasonable time-frame by now.  Sadly, no they haven't.

They've not figured out that the best thing in any expansion is an expansion of levels.  If the ultimate goal is 100 character levels, think of how much money they leave on the table every time they start with 60 instead of 20.  (8 expansions versus 4, if sold at 10 levels per expansion).

Gdemami

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

Nanfoodle said:

If I remember right, Ranger is one of the next few classes in the Q to see soon. They were showing off the animations already for the Ranger.

Yep, you're remembering right. According to the article, ranger IS the next class after monk.

"From the Monk we will be moving full speed into the Ranger followed by the Summoner class and pet system development with a goal of finishing these class implementations as quickly as possible in order to get them into our Pre-Alpha tester’s hands"
    Nanfoodle
    --------------------------------------------