Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anarchy Online Is Celebrating Its 20th Anniversary With A New Retrospective Video | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Happy Birthday! This is one of those games that could use a 'from the ground up'. Redo.

I self identify as a monkey.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    "I can't agree that AO2 should have been their priority over TSW, both were fine MMOS. But they both had one major flaw, they were not fantasy and it seems to thrive in MMO-land you need to be a fantasy MMO. Why this is escapes me, but fantasy seems to have the broadest appeal. The same cannot be said in film, TV, books, or indeed solo games. "

In alot of ways AO felt like a fantasy game more than a sci-fi.....Really we didnt do anything in space, everything took place on the one planet....Instead of 14 classes we had 14 professions...We still had tanks, healers, DPS, etc, but it was done well enough that the game felt different. Like EQ, I felt the strength of AO was the individuality that each profession had to offer....in chat all the time, there were requests for things that other classes had to offer......YOu always felt needed in AO.
    GdemamiScot
  • Phoenix_HawkPhoenix_Hawk Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Still likely the online game I've sunk the most time into. I'd like to return to play, now, and then, but aspects of it play to my weaknesses so well, that it would again completely consume my time, and I can't afford that. Also it'd take about a week to sort out the inventories, and storage of my characters, as after that server merger thing, all my bags got set to their default settings.

New online games just keep trying to be flashier, and flashier than the last, with the only thing they're pushing is in regards to their graphics, even if game play is made to suffer for it (great, that skill filled the screen with effects, now I can't see the enemy trying to take my head off, brilliant). In terms of game play, and options, AO is still so far ahead it's silly, as it's a game that actually assumes the player has a functional brain.
    Scot
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Zegaloth said:
    Wizardry said:
    Wow..just wow,that has to be like the 10th celebration this last week,everyone is celebrating BS.

Wow.. this has to be the 10th negative comment from you in the last 24 hours.

hes having a slow day
  • MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199

With Tencents purchase of FCMKF , i will tell you this AoC and AO  SWL are  all getting attention , stay tuned this year

OMG Kano is back.... hehe I was a hard core Funcom fanboy for quite awhile. Just couldnt stand how SW turned to SWL and then nothing. Not even sure if huge amounts of attention would even get me to DL again

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Malathoos said:

With Tencents purchase of FCMKF , i will tell you this AoC and AO  SWL are  all getting attention , stay tuned this year

OMG Kano is back.... hehe I was a hard core Funcom fanboy for quite awhile. Just couldnt stand how SW turned to SWL and then nothing. Not even sure if huge amounts of attention would even get me to DL again

OMG im Kano ... Help me .. errr wrong

Altho i did own a very large amount of FCMKF and sold it TCHEY , and have .. hmm a little insight
    GdemamiMalathoos
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited June 2021
    Concrete Cushions! Get your Concrete Cushions right here, that's right step on up, best deal this side of Rubi-Ka.

Made so much credits selling them.

Like many others, one of my first mmorpg's and loved it.

It's those first's you always remember. Not just the games but things you learned when you were greener than green.

EQ2 was when i went in to the Blackburrow without a group and i hit this spell and all of sudden the entire dungeon is aggro'd on me, what's this thing called aoe? :)

In AO was with a bud and we be standing at the same entrance and i can't see him and he can't see me wtf on voice we wondered if the game was broken? lol, It's cause of this thing called different instances!
    HarikenScot
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • SagethornSagethorn Member UncommonPosts: 57
    i played this years ago, had heaps of class options. i was lazy and played as a martial artist.
    I just wish they actually went with the graphics update they were meant to, i thought they were working on a new engine for it at one stage.
    Scot
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Sagethorn said:
    i played this years ago, had heaps of class options. i was lazy and played as a martial artist.
    I just wish they actually went with the graphics update they were meant to, i thought they were working on a new engine for it at one stage.
    They did do a graphic update already.

Scotcheyane

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Bad first impression at launch. I didn't even last a month. Maybe I should have given it a second chance but I moved on.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    This was the first ever game I was invited to alpha/beta test before its official release. I still appreciate the experience & remember the game because of that. It did sort of burn me out on it too though since I only played it about 6 months after its official release & saw that so much was still needed to be fixed. I just remember this game, & around the same time I was following another game titled Atria or something that I don't think ever got released, & was looking forward to both.