Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion Classic Launches Today ..

2»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    edited June 2021
    Gdemami said:
    Sovrath said:
    seems to be pretty simple, even you can understand. Unless there is a component that is being overlooked. But I'm sure you'll enlighten us.

If someone can buy an item in the store and sell that item for in game money AND there is no limit on it, then that is pretty much gold selling.

Now your turn. What special nuance is not being taken into consideration. Take a deep breath if you need to think about it.
    ...you left the reason out and just repeat the mantra of morons - P2W is evil, selling gold is evil, cashshops are evil, blah blah blah.

/shrugs

How does it actually affect you? It doesn't.
    It absolutely does.

If it was a pve game then no biggie. But a pvp game?

I don't want to compete with people who are willing to drop money so they can have a greater financial place in-game. Buying better mana stones, better gear, better everything.

It also drives the prices for things in-game up. When money is easy to come by people set sky-high prices on things that would normally be a lot less.

So that means the player not willing to open their wallet must play even more or give in and open their wallet.

Or not play. Which is my choice.

And I have said before that I don't care if a game incorporates real money purchases for in-game advances. It's just not something I'm going to play.

Gdemami
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited June 2021
    Sovrath said:
    It also drives the prices for things in-game up.
    The "pinnacle" of pvp games - EVE Online, trading game time (and cash shop items) for ISK since like forever, PVP totaly ruined, right?

Inflation means that whatever drop you get, you sell for more or whatever you craft you sell for more... promoting trading and crafting, such horror indeed.

Elementary econonomics.../sigh

Besides, all game economies are inflationary, except EVE, so the price will go up with or without gold selling anyway...such a big deal...

Meh, w/e....
    [Deleted User]IceAge[Deleted User]
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Gdemami said:
    Sovrath said:

Inflation means that whatever drop you get, you sell for more or whatever you craft you sell for more... promoting trading and crafting, such horror indeed.

Which also means, that whatever you need , you will pay ( a lot ) more. 

Say you get a Mana Stone Crit +17. You sell it for .. 2 millions yes? Great!

At the same time, you need Magic Boost +22 ( or whatever the max is ) which also  cost 2 mil each. Problem is, you need 6 of those, so you need 12 million for this. Ok, you have 2 from the Crit +17, maybe you got 2 as drop. How would you pay for the remaning 3 ? And don't bring the drop RNG into discussion, aka you will get X or Y item as drop and sell it big and so, you will have the kinah. RNG is RNG. There are big chances you will play for days and not get an expensive item as drop.

Now, if there was no or little inflation, the price of a Crit +17 would be...say 200k. Heck, let's say 500k. You would of do this kind of money A LOT easier, by selling the trash drops and whatever RNG decent items you got. 

Now, the Daeva Pass gives lots and lots of Running and Attack scrolls + Potions ...for "free", which means ..crafting this items sucks. There will be little demand. 

Let's talk about Silver and Gold Medals. The Whales ( like you ), will pay big to get this. What happen when a P2P player which only pay 15$ a month and doesn't P2W, how much grind he will do to buy this? Or the Mana Stones, or God Stones, etc. Oh, he will "eventually" get this by grinding? You are correct. So he grinds for this "as usual" for weeks, while a Whale like you, get it with a swipe of your credit card. So how is this fair?! Are you going to bring the RNG again into the discussion? That ..he will get an "expensive" item and sell it big? So in the end, a P2P player who doesn't P2W, its at the hand of the RNG, while Whales like you ... just swipe their cards and voila, items received!

You really need to learn what inflation means. Look no further than Venezuela. You may be laughing now, but .. is true. 

Gdemami

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Gdemami said:
    Sovrath said:

Besides, all game economies are inflationary, except EVE, so the price will go up with or without gold selling anyway...such a big deal...

Meh, w/e....
    I don't know what games you are playing, but in the games I play there is no such thing you are talking about. 

In WoW, the "Gold Selling" by Blizzard is actually Gold Farmed by players and not ..virtually added by Blizzard. 

If I'm not wrong, ISK trade in Eve is also the same. You buy Plex with real money and then sell it in-game for ISK ......farmed by players. True, this is pretty much the definition of P2W, but the ISK is farmed, not, again, added virtually in game by CCP. 

You really have no clue what you are talking about.

Meh
    Gdemami

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

edited June 2021
    I will just leave this here : 

I think you're talking about me. I sold a lot of candies in Eltnen and was advertising for people to come buy this candy for 75k and resell for 100k.

I'm not using this kinah for shit. Nothing to spend kinah on.

So you bought a shitload of candy’s and resold them for no reason? Are we really supposed to believe this lol

I mean, there's nothing to buy. Everything is outrageously overpriced anyway. Only thing I've bought so far are some 25-30 enchant stones to +10 my weapon.

Waiting for fabled chain set.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aion/comments/o7iugn/how_is_this_fair_person_opens_private_shoptrick/

Seems NcSoft needs to ..virtually add even more kinah into the game, so this Whales can purchase the ..outrageously overpriced items with no problem...and fuck the inflation. What inflation?

But good luck buying something you need as a P2P player, while the RNG Jesus was not in your favor, aka you got a Stigma drop ...........but is a shitty one and is not even worth the Broker Fees. 

Gdemami

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    edited June 2021
    Gdemami said:
    Sovrath said:
    The "pinnacle" of pvp games - EVE Online, trading game time (and cash shop items) for ISK since like forever, PVP totaly ruined, right?

Elementary econonomics.../sigh

Meh, w/e....

there's a difference between "inflation because of what's happening naturally in game" and inflation because people are essentially buying gold so why not raise the prices of whatever as you will get your asking price. Eventually prices will fall with the former but no so with the latter.

If prices keep rising and rise above what people can raise in game eventually prices for items will fall. Especially as those items start to flood the market.

But if people always have in-game cash because they can drop real life money then they don't fall.

This is beginner stuff.

If I play the game, trade, sell drops, and essentially become a part of the economy then that's ok by me. If one can literally be automatically wealthy because one can pay real money to do so and always be wealthy just by opening up their wallet then that bypasses everything that's going on in the game as far as an economy. Well, it becomes a different game. Or different type of game.

And in a competitive game where one needs to upgrade equipment, buy equipment, with in-game money, that's a huge issue.

Like I said, I'm ok with games requiring people to spend in-game money and ok with people making real money by selling items in-game.

It's just not what I'm interested in. Not very hard to understand.

Gdemami
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited June 2021
    Sovrath said:
    there's a difference 
    ...there isn't.

Prices will go up as long as more money is being created, why or how they are created is a non-factor.

Elementary economics:

You grind 1M kinah per hour consisting of  800k in kinah and 200k in loot.

The more kinah is created, less value it will hold per 1 kinah. The effect is prices climbing up = inflation.

People will be paying MORE for your loot and the ratio may just switch over - you will be grinding same 800k kinah in that hour but people will pay you 3.2M kinah for the loot - simply because the value of kinah tanked.

You are not the only one paying more, others who buy from you pay more too so while spending more, you also earn more.

The buyers of kinah are affected the same way - the more kinah they create, more real money they will need to spend to get the same value with each purchase. Diminishing returns.

How is kinah created is irrelevant as long as the economy is inflationary - if there is more money created then is taken away, the money will accumulate in the system and it's value goes down.

This is beginner stuff...

The only difference between creating money out of thin air(selling real money/assets to NPC) and selling it to a player is removed labour - the labour needed to create the kinah. In EVE, "the labour" is kinda the content but in themepark games, it's just time sink.

The result is still the same - inflation and economical mechanisms described above.

It is no different than XP boost or w/e to skip lvling part - you just pay to skip part of the game you don't want to do. A convenience.

You might not like that someone bought kinah while you had to grind for it, fair enough, that is your thing and there is no issue with that but ffs stop trying to rationalize your opinion how it ruins pvp, economy or w/e because you can't.

Post edited by Gdemami on
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]