Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swords of Legends Online Launching July 9 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageSwords of Legends Online Launching July 9 | MMORPG.com

Gameforge has finally announced the release date for their upcoming MMORPG. You can get your hands on Swords of Legends Online on July 9. Here are more details.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I enjoyed playing the beta, but the rubber-banding was so god awful, and they have no US West Coast server (only a US East Coast one), that it's a hard pass for me - and most of the rest of Oceania / South America / parts of the Middle East and Eastern Europe if player feedback was anything to go by.
    mcrippinsTiller[Deleted User]
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    I couldn't really get into this game; I tried. The engine is so outdated and the combat just wasn't my thing; plus the lag was awful.
    retiredmjRemyVorender
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310

Tiller said:

I couldn't really get into this game; I tried. The engine is so outdated and the combat just wasn't my thing; plus the lag was awful.

Well its UE3 and it will get an update to UE4.
    I did try the game also. But the thing was that i didn't get a click with combos and shit.
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

SalmonMan said:

I enjoyed playing the beta, but the rubber-banding was so god awful, and they have no US West Coast server (only a US East Coast one), that it's a hard pass for me - and most of the rest of Oceania / South America / parts of the Middle East and Eastern Europe if player feedback was anything to go by.

Yeah as much as i wanted to enjoy it the lag was too much, and not having servers for West Coast and SEA is just a bad way to start things off.

• Bane112Bane112 Newbie CommonPosts: 16
    This just seems like blade and soul. Is it much different?
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    edited June 2021

Bane112 said:

This just seems like blade and soul. Is it much different?

It's very different. It's heavily inspired by Chinese mythos and culture. Very story driven. They even have tv shows based on SoL in China.
    hoenens1 said:

Tiller said:

I did try the game also. But the thing was that i didn't get a click with combos and shit.
    That's what I heard. I'll check back with this game after that update.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

hoenens1 said:

Tiller said:

Its not using UE3, its using Havok Vision currently.

• hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310

Moodsor said:

hoenens1 said:

Tiller said:

Its not using UE3, its using Havok Vision currently.

Hmmm ok...Ok my bad. But they are switchong to ue4 in china soon. They are now testing it.
  • retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Supposedly the game gets good in the end game but the leveling was so dry and boring I couldn't bring myself to get that far. There's hardly any combat and it is very story driven. Also it didn't help the story was poorly translated where it barely made sense at times and even when it did make sense was super uninspiring.
    Tiller
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Seen story driven in the comments above.. yeahh... i don't know about having any kind of story and i played it for about 10h overall, if you would pay me and i won't recall anything from the *story*