Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: What To Do To Prepare For 9.1 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageWorld of Warcraft: What To Do To Prepare For 9.1 | MMORPG.com

With World of Warcraft's Chains of Domination update fast approaching, players are getting ready for what the upcoming content update will throw at them. Here is a handy little list for those looking for ways to prepare themselves for the Shadowlands update.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818
    Best preparation is to uninstall the game and delete your Activision account.
    IceAgefoxgirlJeroKaneViper482HuntSPMCMcSleazHiromantborghive49
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    I'm prepared and ready ..

.......to skip ALL Shadowlands, not just 9.1!
    Viper482Hiromant

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Step 1: Unsubscribe
    Step 2: Go play something better
    JeroKaneViper482HuntSPMCMcSleazborghive49halfmysticIceAge
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    Excited for some new content finally...

Gonna shock the world when Blizzard goes under...
    Tokken
  • breu56breu56 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Ready to unify servers!?
    Because a lot of players go to New World!
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited June 2021
    Outside the massive delay, this is shaping up to be one of the best Expansions to Date. Hard af content is a welcome change to the mmorpg genre.

Just before they announced 9.1 i revisited ESO, and FFXIV as not only is my main ready to roll i have 2 alts ready to roll as well. Feeling we were another couple months out i was looking for some filler. My main is highly tuned 225 raider, kicks some serious ass, the alts are for content 202, 204, all renown 40.

In the end the only thing ESO and FFXIV did for me was give me a whole new unprecedented appreciation for current wow.

The polish, hard af content, smoothness, accuracy, precision, the graphics, just so well made.

Where eso just feels so amateurish, buggy still after how f'ing long, and FF with the move left move right you won the raid, mind numbingly casual, console games so what would one expect i guess.

So not saying they suck before the white knights are triggered, they are enjoyable, very casual, just not games for players looking to be challenged.

The huge delay for me personally was the best thing that could have happened as i played horde 100% solo for the first 4 months of SL, and all of BFA pretty much, sure this includes lots of LFG heroic, and literally like 2 or 4 LFR's.

Then i switched to Alliance, to play with my boys whom moved on to a Mythic Raid team, and i was left with an amazing guild where Heroic Raiding is our limit, sure we are doing a couple mythic raids (cause of the delay) but Heroic is the main end goal, mostly due to this thing we all have to deal with on regular basis called real life lmao.

Overall this was a huge boon for me in that it gave me time to get 3 toons ready for 9.1, get AOTC (umm 2,2,6 btw supreme players in this guild F i love the synergy, such f'ing good players DAMN!!! not had this level of skill to play with since EQ2 rip 2004 - 2008), we got all CN achievements, and most importantly for me to get good at being a raider in wow, as i've never raided in wow before, outside a tiny taste of lfr, and yeah eso ff level raiding.

I'm literally in a game where their is another tier above me that i'm backing down from, first time ever in any mmorpg to date, always took them all to the most extreme limit, i dunno if i was much younger had the time, yeah i might make CE the end goal (i mean i could the boys Mythic team has knocked on my door a couple times now), but, i know a good thing when i got it and i love the team i'm in now, supremo players, excellent synergy, tight, main end goal which works with my life.

I mean taking down Daddy D was no easy feat, podcasts i listen too have only taken down Sire in the last few weeks ffs which i'd feel safe to say they are more than happy with the delay.

Listening to their stories is pure joy for me now as i never knew wtf they were talking about before when i only solo'd, i had no clue, and i hear things like nearly a dozen players died near the end of sire soaking, i'm like try 10 man and soak that sh!t, a dozen dead that's more than our entire team lmao.

When we took down sire it hit me, i'm so home, i haven't been that high since EQ2.

So i take the wow trash talk cause i was the exact same before i knew any better as well and most importantly had met the right peeps to tackle hard af content with, well, better put, before i knew wow had the hardest content in the entire genre and meeting the right people (as always in any mmorpg) is the key to it all.
    Viper482rkipborghive49
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    edited June 2021
    Not counting classic, how many subs does WoW even have anymore? THey used to make the info readily available when they bragged about 12+ million, but I haven't heard a number from them in quite a few years.
    Viper482Brainy
    edited June 2021
    Not counting classic, how many subs does WoW even have anymore? THey used to make the info readily available when they bragged about 12+ million, but I haven't heard a number from them in quite a few years.

Who knows, first it's PC ONLY, thank gawd!!! No console numbers to pad with.

But i don't know of any other mmorpg's where there are more podcasts than anyone would have time to ever listen too.

So many youtube channels where people can quit their job and make a living at that, asmongold, Taliesin & Evitel, Naguura, BellularGaming, Snowmixy, SignsOfKelani, Nobbel87, Wowhead, Hazelnuttygames, only to name a small few ffs.

So yeah, I think it's safe to say there are a few people left playing wow. lmao :)

• HidesBehindShadowHidesBehindShadow Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Do what many are doing, moving on to ffxiv.

Ask Asmongold lol.
  • HidesBehindShadowHidesBehindShadow Member UncommonPosts: 41
    breu56 said:
    Ready to unify servers!?
    Because a lot of players go to New World!
    Really lol,not with there cash shop they aint.
  • m4z111m4z111 Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Just uninstall game and install FF14!!!
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    I want a cross-over with WildStar!
    rkip
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

xpsync said:

Outside the massive delay, this is shaping up to be one of the best Expansions to Date. Hard af content is a welcome change to the mmorpg genre.

Too bad it's not fun....except to you and a few of your friends anyway.

If Shadowlands is one of the best expansions to you I would love to see what your taste is in other things. Like....do you enjoy going to the dentist? Lima beans on pizza?
    McSleazHiromantborghive49Brainyxpsync
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Viper482 said:

xpsync said:

If Shadowlands is one of the best expansions to you I would love to see what your taste is in other things. Like....do you enjoy going to the dentist? Lima beans on pizza?
    Xpsync you have a few million friends?
    xpsync[Deleted User]
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    People complaining about WoW seem to be upset raiders or pvpers so i can't speak about what they find fun or not. I only play for the story so I bought 1 month to do the expansion story, like I do every expansion then leave satisfied. I don't care about anything else in the game. Many full priced games have a lot less content than a WoW expansion. Once i'm done with the month of sub i'll most likely go back to FFXIV for another story run.
    rkip

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

People complaining about WoW seem to be upset raiders or pvpers so i can't speak about what they find fun or not. I only play for the story so I bought 1 month to do the expansion story, like I do every expansion then leave satisfied. I don't care about anything else in the game. Many full priced games have a lot less content than a WoW expansion. Once i'm done with the month of sub i'll most likely go back to FFXIV for another story run.

That is it though. At least in BFA the story was decent and I had no trouble leveling two characters through the content and actually enjoyed the story.

With Shadowlands, I couldn't even get a single character through the content and halfway through the second zone I couldn't take it anymore, logged off, uninstalled and unsubscribed.

For me, Shadowlands is the worst WoW expansion I have experienced so far.
    borghive49Hiromant

Viper482 said:

xpsync said:

Using your mind and honing your skills is fun for some. So yeah its very fun indeed!

Horusra said:

Viper482 said:

xpsync said:

Xpsync you have a few million friends?

Well not quite, i'm down to 1,999,999 i took Viper off my friends list lmao!
    [Deleted User]