Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3 2021: Blankos Block Party Announces Early Access, Collaborations with Deadmau5, Burberry and More

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageE3 2021: Blankos Block Party Announces Early Access, Collaborations with Deadmau5, Burberry and More | MMORPG.com

In Mythical Games' keynote E3 presentation, details on the ongoing development of Blankos Block Party were divulged along with some upcoming collaborations which include premiere clothing company Burberry, influential musician Deadmau5, stylish brand The Marathon Clothing, and a slew of exceptional artists.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited June 2021
    This somehow strikes me as the true beginning of the end of the integrity and innocence of online gaming. When the average gamer, not just the niche guy, stops looking at gaming as a form of pure entertainment, and starts seeing it as a way to make money. Me too old to adapt.
    KidRiskMustikos
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    They managed to pick music that 7 year old kids would sing while laying on the floor in the living room driving their parents nuts.Then again who is this game catering to,little kids.
    The whole premise of that video was ...upgrade,look cool,spend lots of money to look cool.

A game designed to the little kid demographic but comes as a blockchain piece of garbage.

We need to keep these scummy monetization ideas right out of gaming.
    McSleaz

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    This somehow strikes me as the true beginning of the end of the integrity and innocence of online gaming. When the average gamer, not just the niche guy, stops looking at gaming as a form of pure entertainment, and starts seeing it as a way to make money. Me too old to adapt.
    Yeah,  I can get that,  but on the other hand,  I end up with dozens of items I'll never use in game.  If some poor guy is hard to go pay me for it,  I'll sell it. 

What's crazy is people are selling the free twitch drop for a hundred dollars that they have out during e3. Just crazy some people but this stuff.  

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Studios are backed by rich investors who have continually tried to force their agenda on gamers.
    First it was subscriptions then it was cash shops then it was loot boxes,season passes,DLCS and now blockchain.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

What's crazy is people are selling the free twitch drop for a hundred dollars that they have out during e3. Just crazy some people but this stuff.  
    It's no wonder predatory monetization has become the norm for online games with so many demanding to be screwed over some more because they love it.

I also expect @bcbully to play this since it's got blockchains and NFTs... all those things he likes so much :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

It's no wonder predatory monetization has become the norm for online games with so many demanding to be screwed over some more because they love it.

I also expect @bcbully to play this since it's got blockchains and NFTs... all those things he likes so much :)

But wait, I'm serious here: Doesn't bcbully love full loot PvP? How can you have full loot of unique items that a player owns the digital rights to? Does this take griefing to a whole new level?
    Iselinbcbully
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

But wait, I'm serious here: Doesn't bcbully love full loot PvP? How can you have full loot of unique items that a player owns the digital rights to? Does this take griefing to a whole new level?
    Yeah it does. You actually do take their real lunch money :)
    KidRisk
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

Yeah it does. You actually do take their real lunch money :)

His recent posts are now starting to make a lot more sense to me. This is a glorious new way for people to hurt other people in online games.
  • QzyroQzyro Member UncommonPosts: 10
    edited June 2021
    7 months ago during the Founder packs they told they were working on other payment options... you might've guessed it already. Still no other payment options beside credit card or bitpay.
    Moderator on the Fall Guys official discord.
  • SylvinstarSylvinstar Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Followed the links to their "Premier" and "Stylish" clothing brands and I'd say they are brilliantly matched partners with the game. Selling people $490.00 jackets that look like the inside of some roadkill that's been on the side of the highway for 2 months is a great parallel.
    McSleaz
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Iselin said:

Once again for the record I have never endorsed full loot pvp.

I played EVE for one week lost my ship getting a chicken patty out the oven and it was too much for my soul to bear.

FFA? yes talk dirty to me.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"