Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall Lowers Base Game Price As Well As Details VIP Membership Service Ahead Of July Launch | MMO

Comments

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,339
    edited June 11

Vrika said:

BruceYee said:

Wowowow lots of serious p2w in that VIP. Those are waaay more than QoL & "convenience" features haha.

They going straight whaling expedition right out the gate separating the community between begger & noble tiers. Maybe whaling expedition/hardcore players is the target audience though + they aren't trying to hide it so whateves..

If they were targeting whales they'd make it microtransactions and someone paying $100 a month would still be at a disadvantage against a whale paying $500 a month.

Personally I like Crowfall's style of trying to make the subscription near mandatory so that everyone who pays a reasonable price gets roughly level playing field.

Umm "whaling" has nothing to do with "advantage". Marvel Heroes had whales and they had no in-game advantage over others except vanity items = looking pretty. Whaling is just about certain people spending hundreds/thousands of dollars and Eternal Kingdom is where that will happen.
    Manor house sells for $180USD, Shire parcel $150 + all the other buildings and parcels which is only what's listed for sale right now. Guilds wanting to be tHe LeeTEsT will buy all the guild extras and most likely any extras they add in the future.

Do you not consider one $180 pixel house or just one section of land for $150 whaling? it's very similar to Shroud of the Avatar which I also have zero objection to BTW I'm just calling it what it is.

"Personally I like Crowfall's style of trying to make the subscription near mandatory so that everyone who pays a reasonable price gets roughly level playing field" - I agree, I like this too.

IMO this is the best example of how to do P2W right by announcing upfront what they're selling you leaving nothing to be discovered later and no grey areas. P2W handled right is strange to write/say but IMO the perfect description for what this is. I'm giving them massive praise for having the stones to declare what they want($) for the services they're providing.
    Gdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,894
    BruceYee said:
    Can we at least have one thread where the usual suspects don't try to act like all knowing game gurus and just discuss games on case by case basis? Can we start with this one or are you jokers going to try and derail this one too like you do every damn thread where any type of real conversation/discussion is possible?

You first.
    Slapshot1188tzervoKnightFalzSandmanjwAeanderkitarad

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 299
    The basic piece of land and smallest house are $80 total. lol yeah, no thanks.
    Gdemami
  • tzervotzervo Member EpicPosts: 1,291
    edited June 11
    BruceYee said:
    tzervo said:
    BruceYee said:
    Some of the parcels and housing are more than $150USD per.
    - Housing will cost you hundreds/thousands + even more for guilds
    Are there any gameplay advantages to these? As far as I could tell they are purely cosmetic.
    Maybe take 5 minutes to log into the game you claim to own or read up about it on their site? If that's too hard scroll up and click the link in the article the thread is based on..

At this point nothing you write is worth reading for me and tbh very obvious bait material with the way you endlessly spin things just like your buddies. Your overuse of the agree/insightful feature has also become a form of trolling + possibly just a point padding account so I'm blocking you. I don't want to @Remsleep myself in a moment of weakness.
    I never claimed to own the game. I said I tried it in the beta. I used the MOP key and tried it for a few hours.

I checked the guild house in the shop before asking and it mentioned name reservation, more heraldry options and a place to show your trophies. My question had no spin or bait. It was a simple, straightforward question.

My account is a point padding for whom? Two guys who already have legendary ranks? Do you really think that makes sense?
    Post edited by tzervo on
    YashaX
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 1,869
    Too bad their VIP doesn't come with lower system requirements so that I would have at least had the option of giving it a go. As it is I wouldn't even be able to lose effectively.

Such isn't normally my thing, but stag paladin.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,339
    edited June 11
    tzervo said:
    I never claimed to own the game. I said I tried it in the beta. I used the MOP key and tried it for a few hours.

I checked the guild house in the shop and it mentioned name reservation, more heraldry options and a place to show your trophies.

My question had no spin or bait. It was a simple, straightforward question.

My account is a point padding for whom? Two guys who already have legendary ranks? Do you really think that makes sense?

Your words in your other post in this thread...
    "I tried it in the beta a few days ago and I liked what I saw, but it is not flawless".

Your words in this thread in your last post before you edited it basically validating my assumptions 100%..

"I tried the beta, I liked what I saw and decided to buy the game" this is what you edited out of your last post and why I'm blocking you again after I finish this reply. You didn't edit your post for spelling errors you completely rewrote it. You admitted yourself to owning the game then completely changed your post cause you realized you couldn't make the argument of "never claimed to own the game" when you actually admitted yourself in your OWN WORDS to "decided to buy the game".. Pure agenda driven BS.

You also edited out the part where you said I was insulting you cause it's obvious I was giving you in the nicest way possible instructions on how to find answers to your obvious bait question ON YOUR OWN.

People here who I'm going to block in a minute like @Kyleran & Slapshot have become so fanatical that they're incapable of having a regular discussion without resorting to insults or beating that dead horse "30 cents a day" line. That level of focused hatred exceeds anything I've ever seen on this site in a while + apparently they have immunity to derail threads and insult people endlessly.

When people can no longer see that an OBVIOUS P2W sub that the devs themselves basically declare is P2W without actually specifically saying it is then they either have an agenda or are too far out of touch with reality to even communicate with. When posters here take one thing you write to use against you and ignore the rest they have an agenda. When members here constantly insult/attack posters who just want to discuss the topics of discussions they have an agenda.

Oh, because they'll probably come back and say something about it not being P2W here's what the VIP gives for those who choose not to go to the site themselves...

- Priority Queue
    - 100% Extra Inventory which the devs themselves say "can be extra beneficial in guild wars"
    - Extra PUBLIC access to Eternal Kingdom where YOUR market is and it will be available for 3 extra hours. Non-VIP will have only private access.

ACE is basically telling everyone without specifically saying "P2W" because that's the worst business move imaginable that the sub is P2W which I have ZERO objections to. I will buy the 12/mo but my guess is none of the people in this thread defending "30 cents a day" will...

The improvements they've made to the game even in the past year IMO goes far beyond what I thought they were capable of. Everyone who hasn't played the game in a while should definitely check it out again is my unwanted suggestion.

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 403
    That VIP sub looks so like a ftp games...

Kinda seems they are advertising it going ftp before they go ftp....strange.

BruceYeeIselinGdemami
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 1,869
    BruceYee said:

Vrika said:

BruceYee said:

Wowowow lots of serious p2w in that VIP. Those are waaay more than QoL & "convenience" features haha.

They going straight whaling expedition right out the gate separating the community between begger & noble tiers. Maybe whaling expedition/hardcore players is the target audience though + they aren't trying to hide it so whateves..

If they were targeting whales they'd make it microtransactions and someone paying $100 a month would still be at a disadvantage against a whale paying $500 a month.

Personally I like Crowfall's style of trying to make the subscription near mandatory so that everyone who pays a reasonable price gets roughly level playing field.

IMO this is the best example of how to do P2W right by announcing upfront what they're selling you leaving nothing to be discovered later and no grey areas. P2W handled right is strange to write/say but IMO the perfect description for what this is. I'm giving them massive praise for having the stones to declare what they want($) for the services they're providing.

P2W can't be done right in a game focused on PvP combat, as the whole point of such is for players to battle each other based on their own merit rather than how much advantage one person can afford over another.

Anything additionally sold would have to provide no in game advantage and thus wouldn't be P2W, or they'd undermine the credibility of their combat and game.
    Gdemami
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 15,659
    Sandmanjw said:
    That VIP sub looks so like a ftp games...

Kinda seems they are advertising it going ftp before they go ftp....strange.

20% reduction before it even releases is another big clue they're heading that way in a hurry.

The small numbers playing it, even with all the free beta keys floating around, tells the same story too.
    SandmanjwKyleranSlapshot1188Gdemami
    "I don't wait for games. Games wait for me."
    -- CHUCK NORRIS

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited June 11
    BruceYee said:

Your words in your other post in this thread...
    "I tried it in the beta a few days ago and I liked what I saw, but it is not flawless".

Your words in this thread in your last post before you edited it basically validating my assumptions 100%..

"I tried the beta, I liked what I saw and decided to buy the game" this is what you edited out of your last post and why I'm blocking you again after I finish this reply. You didn't edit your post for spelling errors you completely rewrote it. You admitted yourself to owning the game then completely changed your post cause you realized you couldn't make the argument of "never claimed to own the game" when you actually admitted yourself in your OWN WORDS to "decided to buy the game".. Pure agenda driven BS.

You also edited out the part where you said I was insulting you cause it's obvious I was giving you in the nicest way possible instructions on how to find answers to your obvious bait question ON YOUR OWN.

People here who I'm going to block in a minute like @Kyleran & Slapshot have become so fanatical that they're incapable of having a regular discussion without resorting to insults or beating that dead horse "30 cents a day" line. That level of focused hatred exceeds anything I've ever seen on this site in a while + apparently they have immunity to derail threads and insult people endlessly.
    Oh, because they'll probably come back and say something about it not being P2W here's what the VIP gives for those who choose not to go to the site themselves...
    Deciding to buy the game != having bought it already. Yes I decided to buy the game. No I have not bought it yet. From another response of mine in the other Crowfall thread with more detail:
    Generally I liked what I saw in Crowfall so far. I will wait till faction warfare is added and then will jump in.
    I can see why that may have caused confusion (maybe my english could have been more accurate here? like "I decided I will buy the game"? not a native speaker). I often trim down my posts to cut down the fluff. This has nothing to do with any agenda.

I also edited out the "insulting" part because I felt it was obvious. Everyone reading this thread can tell that you are downright insulting and rude anyway and not "nicest way" like you say. I mean, you already called me a troll and a fake account here, a shill in the other thread etc. Not really much to add to that.

I specifically asked about the guild hall and parcel stuff because it really seems cosmetics to me and I could not tell if I am missing anything. I did not, and will not, bother with the "sub is P2W" absurdity.
    edited June 11

Not that it matters anyway, you are probably going to accuse me of editing this screenshot anyway. Because I have an agenda, right? Other readers can make what they want of it.
    KyleranUngood
  • Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 3,414

Nanfoodle said:

tzervo said:

I've played maybe 4 hours so far and I'm just not sure what the point of this game is. I blame myself because I haven't done much research, but it feels sort of like Shadowbane (which I really enjoyed, but that was like 20 years ago).

- Go to campaign.
    - Get resources.
    - Kill players.
    - Win campaign.
    - Take spoils home.

How about now?

I signed up for beta but I now dont feel like giving my time to this one from everyones comments over the past 2 weeks.

How many things in life have you missed out on because you lemming?
    Gdemami
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!

BruceYee said:

Can we at least have one thread where the usual suspects don't try to act like all knowing game gurus and just discuss games on case by case basis? Can we start with this one or are you jokers going to try and derail this one too like you do every damn thread where any type of real conversation/discussion is possible?

So basically you want to spout your opinion without anyone disagreeing with you......got it.
    Slapshot1188tzervoKyleranTacticalZombeh

BruceYee said:

tzervo said:

BruceYee said:

Some of the parcels and housing are more than $150USD per.
    - Housing will cost you hundreds/thousands + even more for guilds

Are there any gameplay advantages to these? As far as I could tell they are purely cosmetic.

Maybe take 5 minutes to log into the game you claim to own or read up about it on their site? If that's too hard scroll up and click the link in the article the thread is based on..

At this point nothing you write is worth reading for me and tbh very obvious bait material with the way you endlessly spin things just like your buddies. Your overuse of the agree/insightful feature has also become a form of trolling + possibly just a point padding account so I'm blocking you. I don't want to @Remsleep myself in a moment of weakness.

This site should really consider removing the point system + ranks and go back to when what people wrote mattered more than this circle jerk tribalism that's going on now.

You are the only one who cares about some "rank system" dude. People disagree with you, simple as that. I suppose it is easier for you to convince yourself they are trolls than it is you are wrong.
    Slapshot1188tzervoKylerankitaradAeanderUngood
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,085
    First of all 40 bucks is too much for this shallow game.Then to add a vip cash shop on top of it is not only wrong but makes the 40 dollar price tag even worse.

IMO this is at best a 20 dollar game with ZERO added monetization but this is the way of the modern studios,they just can't help but go for maximum greed.
    Valheim is 23 bucks and Atlas another game i actually enjoyed playing was 20 bucks but soon dropped to 11 bucks on sale.I don't even want to look at Crowfall let alone play it,so yeah it is not worth 40 bucks by any stretch.

I get the VIp scum move,they figure if they have someone actually hooked in they might as well grind them for as much as possible.

So imo this is not a cash drop because it is selling for MORE than it is worth.They will soon find out there is a lack of interest and the price will drop again one month after release and unless it drops to 20 bucks it will still be too much.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,085
    I expect to see them panic from lack of interest and then cause an uproar as they implement a full cash shop within 4 months.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 13,474
    tzervo said:

I also edited out the "insulting" part because I felt it was obvious. Everyone reading this thread can tell that you are downright insulting and rude anyway and not "nicest way" like you say. I mean, you already called me a troll and a fake account here, a shill in the other thread etc. Not really much to add to that.

It's OK.  everyone can see it.  Just relax and go about your business.  After a while you will probably see the ironic humor in it that the rest of us see. He kicked it off by calling the $15 sub a "whaling expedition" that was "separating the community between beggar and noble tiers".  A $15 sub...  seriously.  Like I said,  I'm f'ing Moby Dick now because I have a paid sub.

When he attempted to pivot from the sub and bring housing into the game (has nothing to do with the thread) you asked what advantage it gave.  Note, his response was not to tell you what impact that had, but to attack you.  (Hint, the EK's are basically instanced housing)

As I said in the other threads, I have a strong suspicion that CF ends up failing fairly soon after launch, but that will be related to the concept that the game loop just isn't fun.  Not anything to do with a sub.   There are more posts about the VIP in THIS THREAD than there are on the official forums.   THAT is the issue.

tzervoKidRiskViper482

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 6,610
    edited June 11
    I backed it way back in the day because I wanted a RvR MMO and I digged their concept of "pick your own rules" PvP realms. So it costs me nothing to try it. But my expectations are low. Hope it manages to impress.
    Slapshot1188laxieTacticalZombeh
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,446
    I was an early bird backer with sapphire pledge for this years ago. But then it gradually became less mmo-like and more of a large scale battle royale. I lost interest as it became something I was no longer interested in. I do wish it success even though it wasn't for me. I'm just not entirely sure who this game will appeal to.
    Slapshot1188Ungood

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,351
    Viper482 said:

Nanfoodle said:

tzervo said:

I've played maybe 4 hours so far and I'm just not sure what the point of this game is. I blame myself because I haven't done much research, but it feels sort of like Shadowbane (which I really enjoyed, but that was like 20 years ago).

- Go to campaign.
    - Get resources.
    - Kill players.
    - Win campaign.
    - Take spoils home.

How about now?

I signed up for beta but I now dont feel like giving my time to this one from everyones comments over the past 2 weeks.

How many things in life have you missed out on because you lemming?
    I have been reading allot about this game and there is some positive reviews but the majority talk about the game does not have allot of depth. You just keep doing the same few things over and over. I like verity in my MMOs. As much as I do love PvP, some days I log in to craft and gather, some days to run dungeons. Im not convinced I am missing out. Im old enough now, I am willing to wait to see how the launch goes and read comments here after people have played a few weeks. Watch some twitch streams and judge more fully later. My time is precious. I also dont have time to play one MMO for PvP and one for PvE anymore like I did when I was young, with DAoC and EQ back in the day. I was gaming 50+hrs a week.    
    kitaradUngood
  • theGnadetheGnade Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Yeah, this most likely isn't going to work. Before seeing this bs I was already skeptical about the game. So now hearing that you need to pay sub to gain access to full features, I can't really see how this is going to work.

As I see lot of players are willing to pay sub if game has proven to be interesting and not dead few days after release. So far I can't see how this game is going to be one of those games. No magazines are interested in covering it- means they also don't have faith in this game. Also people who actually have tried the game don't really have anything good to say about it. Weather tester played 1 hour or 20 hour the conclusion is still negative.

Other thing what bothers me is that it's community will heavily be filled with fanboys. As you can see this game has no hype involved meaning likely there isn't going to be much fresh blood. Means most of their playerbase will be made of players who backed early and have played years knowing each aspect of the game and they will be so blind that they will accept every bad thing dev feeds them.
    Gdemami
    edited June 11
    achesoma said:
    I was an early bird backer with sapphire pledge for this years ago. But then it gradually became less mmo-like and more of a large scale battle royale. I lost interest as it became something I was no longer interested in. I do wish it success even though it wasn't for me. I'm just not entirely sure who this game will appeal to.
    How did it change? And what makes it more of a large scale BR than before? I always thought it was:

- Select campaign: ruleset/mode (GvG or RvR) / duration.
    - Work towards the victory conditions, with increasing scarcity of resources.
    - Campaign ends, world is destroyed, get spoils/rewards according to performance in the campaign to your EK.

Was this not what they initially advertised? Plus the score/leaderboard/objectives approach does not sound "large scale BR" to me.

I was only following the game loosely up to now so I may be missing something.
    It's OK.  everyone can see it.  Just relax and go about your business.  After a while you will probably see the ironic humor in it that the rest of us see. 
    Already do :D You cannot imagine how hard it is to keep a straight face and not make fun of it all.
    Slapshot1188Nanfoodlekitarad
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,100
    I'm concerned that you still cannot have an EK open 24/7. The VIP just gives +3 hours to it.

That seems... unfortunate.
    Could someone explain to me how the EK works?

I was mainly looking forward to Crowfall because you can build your own kingdom with the stuff you get at the end of each campaign.

Can you visit the EK whenever you want? I am confused about what this +3 hours means.
    tzervo
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 13,474
    laxie said:
    I'm concerned that you still cannot have an EK open 24/7. The VIP just gives +3 hours to it.

That seems... unfortunate.
    Could someone explain to me how the EK works?

I was mainly looking forward to Crowfall because you can build your own kingdom with the stuff you get at the end of each campaign.

Can you visit the EK whenever you want? I am confused about what this +3 hours means.
    Here is my understanding.  Someone can correct if I get anything wrong.

The EK is your instanced housing. It exists outside the campaigns.  You can develop your Eternal Kingdom by creating (or buying) parcels.  The parcel types vary from woodlands to city parcels.  The type of parcel determine what resources exist there and what you can build on it.  It also determines how many people can visit your EK.   The largest city parcels allow up to 120 people to visit.

Each parcel has a rating for the types of buildings it can support.  The larger parcels can support the larger buildings (ie. you cannot put a castle on a woodlands parcel).

Mostly, what happens in the EK stays in the EK as the resources are just the basic white type that are plentiful in the campaigns.  But when you win (or lose) a campaign you get to export a percentage of what you have in the bank back to your EK (or just your universal bank). You can setup crafting stations and merchants in your EK.  So people might visit it to look for an axe or a helmet.  But each campaign has rules about what you can bring into them and many (if not most) start out with just you naked, or with a few items.

You can grant other people "ranks" and allow them to build in your EK.

You have to "startup" your EK before you or anyone else can join it.  They are not always open.   Once you leave your EK it shuts down in 10 minutes.  With the VIP sub the EK will stay open for an extra 3 hours. (Not sure if the people you made Nobles can start up the EK on their own)

This post has a lot of info:  https://community.crowfall.com/topic/29935-parcel-overview-beta-6400-february-2021/

tzervolaxieKyleran

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018