Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online's 'Blood of Azog' Update 30 Released Today, Brings New Raid, Content To Mid

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageLord of the Rings Online's 'Blood of Azog' Update 30 Released Today, Brings New Raid, Content To Middle-earth | MMORPG.com

Lord of the Rings Online is gearing up for its Gundabad expansion slated for later this year, though the team has been hard at work with content in the meantime. Update 30, titled "Blood of Azog" has released today, bringing the continuation of the current epic questline, as well as a new raid.

Read the full story here

Comments

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Very strange for $$G that update is free for VIPs. They were so fond on "mini-expansions" to milk every cent. I expected their greed to continue. You know, "mini-expansion", "maxi-quest pack", "quest pack expansion" - greed may get many forms.

With this one - I keep sceptical approach. Let us wait for dev$ to fix bugs and this "quest pack" to be on sale one day. Right now - paying 1600 Lotro points for what is worth maximum 100, is a bit too much...
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Not too strange, they've burnt themselves with the mini-expansion scam thus fast assured everyone they'll go "back" to the regular method with the next Update.

I'm more curious about how long will it last, and when (not if, it's a certain) will they try again something like that.

As for U30 itself, a decent one, with the usual lag issues. New content, class nerfs, etc.

Sadly it misses the main "dish" from the menu - at least for me and a fair size of the playerbase.
    I even bumped a housing thread here about its test course on Bullroarer, they've planned to roll a really good housing update with U30... and it was removed overnight.

Now that's very strange, it was working already, but they say it still needs a lot to do.
    Or, maybe it needs to be the selling point of Gundabad? We'll see...