Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nvidia Announce RTX 3070 Ti and 3080 Ti Models, MSI, PNY, and More Announce Custom Variants | MMORPG

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageNvidia Announce RTX 3070 Ti and 3080 Ti Models, MSI, PNY, and More Announce Custom Variants | MMORPG.com

It's Computex time and that means major announcements from brands big and small in the tech space. Nvidia is catching the first headline of the day with its announcement of two new GPUs, the RTX 3070 Ti and RTX 3080 Ti, in addition to several other highlights, including the expanding of ray tracing in popular PC titles and new RTX 30-Series laptops. MSI, PNY, and other AIBs have also announced custom variants of the new GPUs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    It's all about availability. Will we really be able to buy these?
    Despite searching and even joining a "StockDrops" Discord I never have been able to buy a 3070...
    xpsyncValentina

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited June 2021

Despite searching and even joining a "StockDrops" Discord I never have been able to buy a 3070...

An announcement is all they can do and all we'll get for long time to come. The global chip shortage is a bitch.
    RemyVorender
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Just more marketing,advertising,it's like watching the weeks before an election.

I don't want more hardware,i want better games,better studios that can deliver smooth performance on hardware we ALREADY have.
    I feel like all of the gaming world is operating as rank amateur's from day 1.Releases are typically a mess after months of testing,go figure and anything revolving around pvp is nerfed,tweaked changed FOREVER while NEVER getting it right.

Is new hardware going to make game monetization go away,is new hardware going to rid the hobby of cash shops and advertising and streamer/YouTube influencers?

is new hardware going to make my games better,is new hardware going to develop the games,add the content i want to see,add the UI and AI i want to see?

Point being that we do NOT need a single new piece of hardware,NOTTA single one,we need better studios making better games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Good news, except that NVidia hasn't even delivered launch day orders for RTX 3080 and 3090 yet.

Source: https://www.proshop.de/RTX-30series-overview

• Randomuser2020876Randomuser2020876 Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Noone even cares outside of scalpers and scalper retailers like Newegg. Bring me some Xe, Intel.
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    edited June 2021

Unfortunately, they will sell out fast and they will also be hard to get. There is a global chipset shortage, them not being good for data-mining may only alleviate it so much. The shortage is largely thanks to sanctions the US imposed on China pre-pandemic, and the shortage may last another 2 years. To alleviate it, the US would have to build and staff manufacturing plants to manufacture these things, which is extremely expensive, and the return on investment apparently makes it not worth-while for some reason. So here we are.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    These models will be produced in tens. Meaning each card will be produced 10 times. And go straight to nature museum of rarest species known to man.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited June 2021
    Valentina said:

Unfortunately, they will sell out fast and they will also be hard to get. There is a global chipset shortage, them not being good for data-mining may only alleviate it so much. The shortage is largely thanks to sanctions the US imposed on China pre-pandemic, and the shortage may last another 2 years. To alleviate it, the US would have to build and staff manufacturing plants to manufacture these things, which is extremely expensive, and the return on investment apparently makes it not worth-while for some reason. So here we are.
    The shortage doesn't have much to do with trade sanctions.

Most important reason behind the shortage is that pandemic increased demand for a lot of different electronics. As a result, world ran out of production capacity.

A lot of companies have responded to the situation by starting to build new factories, but it takes a couple of years from decision to actually build one.