Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 Reasons You Should Play Biomutant (And 3 Reasons You Should Skip It) | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

image3 Reasons You Should Play Biomutant (And 3 Reasons You Should Skip It) | MMORPG.com

Now that Biomutant has officially released after multiple delays in development, the long-awaited action-adventure RPG is finally available for those looking for a unique experience. If you've been questioning whether you should take a chance on Biomutant, here's a short list of reasons why you may want to take a chance on the game, and some reasons why you may want to avoid it altogether.

Read the full story here

Nanfoodle

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    From all I have looked into this game, its great for Zen gamers, who love to explore and not have to fight at every turn. There is some great but unbalanced combat in this game. But exploring and puzzles are at the heart of this game. Mobs AI is jenky at best. If you can forgive the bad AI, this will be a gem for explorer, puzzle gamers. Crafting is also deep and meaningful.
    SovrathxpsyncmaskedweaselAugustusGTacticalZombeh[Deleted User]foxgirlKyleran
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    You had me at "Exploring"

Last few years single player games have been 100% misses for me so stopped bothering altogether, then comes along ME:LE and can't stop playing lmao.

This sounds intriguing, and i love exploring in games, it's next on the runway once i'm through ME:LE.
    NanfoodleSovrathmaskedweaselJeroKaneZenJelly
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Loving it! 10 hours in and utterly ensorcelled by the narrative and the game world! I'm intractable when it comes to liking games, and frankly astonished how much I am engrossed and relishing it!
    SovrathmaskedweaselxpsyncZenJelly
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    xpsync said:

Last few years single player games have been 100% misses for me so stopped bothering altogether, then comes along ME:LE and can't stop playing lmao.

This sounds intriguing, and i love exploring in games, it's next on the runway once i'm through ME:LE.
    So shameless plug, if you like exploring in games, I'm releasing my Skyrim mod next week and it's first and foremost a mod for people who like to explore.

Just saying  B)
    NanfoodleScotmaskedweaselxpsynclaseritArglebargleTacticalZombehklash2def[Deleted User][Deleted User]and 2 others.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Sovrath said:

xpsync said:

So shameless plug, if you like exploring in games, I'm releasing my Skyrim mod next week and it's first and foremost a mod for people who like to explore.

Just saying  B)

You should make a thread when you release it, I will 100% jump in.
    xpsyncSovrathScot[Deleted User]ZenJelly
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited May 2021
    "Don’t Play Biomutant If: You’re Not Interested in Combos and Action Combat"

In other words it might be a bit more difficult than the brainless fodder we normally have to chew.

"Don’t Play Biomutant If: Crafting and Customization Overwhelms You"

In other words the crafting might be a bit more difficult than the brainless fodder we normally have to chew.

"Don’t Play Biomutant If: You’re Looking for a Challenge"

Even though the combat and crafting is supposedly more difficult than what we are used to it still is not a challenge. So I am going to make a guess, the whole game is really not that difficult because hardly anything released these days is.
    xpsyncAugustusG[Deleted User]Kyleran
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Scot said:

In other words it might be a bit more difficult than the brainless fodder we normally have to chew.

In other words the crafting might be a bit more difficult than the brainless fodder we normally have to chew.

Even though the combat and crafting is supposedly more difficult than what we are used to it still is not a challenge. So I am going to make a guess, the whole game is really not that difficult because hardly anything released these days is.
    I would say the game can be challenging in some cases. There are some enemies that are kinda tough, unless you know how to defeat them. There are these robots that are really strong against ranged attacks but really weak against melee. I would say like 90% of enemies I've fought I could just shoot from far away and dodge all the attacks and it's pretty easy, and those robots can be easy as long as you can focus them in melee. 

The combat isn't really difficult, but the way they set up the combos, you can mistakenly hit a combo that does one thing, when you mean to do something else. That happens to me all the time. 

The crafting... I dunno. I like it, but it is kind of weird. Like sometimes I'll find the same armor piece, but one is rare and the other one might be legendary. But after you use mods on one, you can't on the other, so do you upgrade the armor or do you find different mods? Not sure what's better but I get where it can sorta considered "difficult".

xpsyncScot

Scot said:

Combat difficulty really depends on your combat style you play in this game. If you go run and guns. Its the easiest type of combat but there is melee and Psy powers are well. Where dodging and combat position becomes more complex.

With crafting, its an explore type crafting, never 100% knowing what your creation may fully add to combat. For me this is fun, for others it maybe frustrating. Regardless, the opinions are almost endless with crafting.
    maskedweaselxpsyncScot
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Who said combos were not challenging?
    xpsync
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Sovrath said:
    xpsync said:

Just saying  B)

LINK :)

Sovrath

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I'm probably just an old grump but I've never been fond of goofy humor mixed in with my RPGs. I like them dark and mostly serious. Some comic relief is fine but when the whole game and world is based on goofiness I find that a big turn off.

I even have a hard time dealing with gnomes and goblins in WOW because of all the goody shit associated with them and I found Wildstar off putting as well for the same reasons.

Hey but if your fantasy RPG means being a rat wielding a toilet brush, more power to you. :)
    xpsyncSovrathNanfoodleArglebarglelaserit[Deleted User]KylerankjempffScot
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited May 2021
    Probably would have been better to start a thread but...

"The thing about challenge is that it's a very fine line between overly frustrating and the satisfaction of earning a win." xpsync - 2021

Hahaha

No seriously i know you all know what I'm talking about.

I never thought that repeatedly pulling a boss in wow retail would be fun, but how wrong i was as it's so challenging, get your entire team to work together for a kill.

It's something i stuck my nose up to for years because it was easy bake fisher price wow compared to EQ2. Where EQ2 overland mob's were harder back in 2004-2008 RIP EQ2 but now EQ2 is just stupid easy, i dunno older crowd and no real young blood coming in so i get the over easy i guess.

Anyway back on topic, SWL wholly F again, wow omfg talk about a challenging game at the high end, however due to lack of further development we reached a point where it became a cake walk and we walked, challenge was gone.

Those are examples of when you beat the insurmountable i mean back in EQ2 shit was so hard after months we hit a goal i'd be high for days after such a win, where omg never thought wow retail had this but yeah after aotc it was pretty much the same high, and not like today's games like eso, or FFXIV, where you have that 2 minute yeah we won and then it's gone, it's cheap high comparatively and please, they are VERY GOOD MMORPG's so please don't come screaming in defending them.

Then you have the frustrating type of challenge.

A real good recent example is the torghast last boss issue where no matter what you do you're not going to get a win, sure you proved yourself getting there but once there after on average one and half hours your fucked and walk away with nothing.

SL when i started i just solo'd like how i've always played wow (mostly), in that i never raided i played with fam, and starting out in SL i solo'd 100% and the gear i had made the overland content hard af, which was perfectly balanced felt as i always had a fair shot if i played whatever class properly it was lot's of fun, and died occasionally.

Where now when i go out and do overland content mobs literally melt at my feet, which also feels good becasue it's with the knowledge i earned that pleasure and remember how hard that content once felt when i was in solo gear.

So that's ok but when something is so hard you die repeatedly and make no progress, even that would turn me off and send me packing for another horizon, so it's easy to understand why dev's lean towards easy, cause it's an easy choice to make instead of trying to make stuff challenging, the fine line is too fine.
    maskedweaselScot

edited May 2021
    Iselin said:
    I'm probably just an old grump but I've never been fond of goofy humor mixed in with my RPGs. I like them dark and mostly serious. Some comic relief is fine but when the whole game and world is based on goofiness I find that a big turn off.

I even have a hard time dealing with gnomes and goblins in WOW because of all the goody shit associated with them and I found Wildstar off putting as well for the same reasons.

Hey but if your fantasy RPG means being a rat wielding a toilet brush, more power to you. :)

I get that as i don't have a problem with romance in games for example but in Mass Effect i wouldn't miss it if it were gone, i'm so into the lore and scifi to me the romance is like meh or does not fit the narrative and feels out of place tbh, but that's a me thing i guess, i mean the ME novels don't even go there but the game does?

Nanfoodle said:

Sovrath said:

xpsync said:

Just saying  B)

You should make a thread when you release it, I will 100% jump in.
    Thank you I plan on it. 

Hopefully it won't be a sh*t show (but how could it be?  :D)
    Nanfoodle

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

xpsync said:
    Sovrath said:
    xpsync said:

Just saying  B)

LINK :)

At the risk for derailing the thread more, check your messages I sent you a link to the trailer. 

I won't have a proper mod link until I post it.
    Nanfoodle

Iselin said:

I'm sort of with you.

There is a small part of me that find the theme of this game amusing but in the end, it's the darker fantasy games that seem to attract me.

I wish I was better at the dark souls games, I'd be playing them 24/7.
    TacticalZombeh

Iselin said:

There is nothing goofy about them. It's a post apocalyptical world where humans have wiped themselves out and this odd animal is the evolution of the next sentient life-form on Earth.

There is 6 factions you can join, 3 good in nature trying to save the tree of life and 3 evil dark factions trying to kill the tree of life to twist and grow their new evolution into something more.

Only goofy thing is some of their Psy Powers where you can bounce around and CC mobs by sticking them to the globe. It's not M rated with blood and gore but it's not light hearted. Joining the evil faction, you are out to distroy and dominate the world. 
    [Deleted User]
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:

There is nothing goofy about them. It's a post apocalyptical world where humans have wiped themselves out and this odd animal is the evolution of the next sentient life-form on Earth.

There is 6 factions you can join, 3 good in nature trying to save the tree of life and 3 evil dark factions trying to kill the tree of life to twist and grow their new evolution into something more.

Only goofy thing is some of their Psy Powers where you can bounce around and CC mobs by sticking them to the globe. It's not M rated with blood and gore but it's not light hearted. Joining the evil faction, you are out to distroy and dominate the world. 
    Some of the words and objectives can be a little goofy I guess. I loved Conkers Bad Fur Day.. one of my all time favorites actually. I like humor in my games. Biomutant isn't really to that level. I think there's a very real idea that the situation is serious, but it's presented in an indifferent way. 

I think that's kind of the cool thing about the game, there are dark and light choices but they don't really beat you over the head with "bad" and "good". It seems like NPCs make the case for both, in their own way.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    It lost me at action.  My reflexes took flight quite some while ago.

Plus there's the whole cutesy character design.  It sounds pretty good and looks reasonably acceptable, but it just isn't a game for me.

[Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    I was sold until the very last one just killed it, entirely. Being easy just completely ruins a video game.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Iselin said:

I think it has to do with wielding all those wooden swords when we were kids. I always imagined myself fighting those skeletons, cyclops's and dragons Ray Harryhausen style ;) 
    SovrathScot

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226
    The tutorial was a little bit weird, especially the flashback. After that, the game become very enjoyable. 
    maskedweasel
    laserit said:
    Iselin said:

I think it has to do with wielding all those wooden swords when we were kids. I always imagined myself fighting those skeletons, cyclops's and dragons Ray Harryhausen style ;) 
    The first time I ever played table top DnD we came across skeletons in a dungeon, my only "experience" of fighting skeletons was Jason and the Argonauts. Crap I thought, we are in a dungeon, we can't knock them of a cliff, what do we do?
    laserit
    edited May 2021
    Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:

I am the same, I find the amount of comedy I can take in fantasy or sci-fi is very limited. Good to hear about the setting, but the graphics certainly have that overly colourful kids TV cartoon look to them. Which is a direction gaming has gone in over the last several years. I am not sure maturity in setting would overcome what I see as immaturity in graphics. Before I buy I will just have to watch a longer gameplay video than I normally do to make sure the graphics does not become grating.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다