Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blade & Soul Unreal Engine 4 Overhaul Page Gets An Update, Talks Breaker System, Subscription Info A

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageBlade & Soul Unreal Engine 4 Overhaul Page Gets An Update, Talks Breaker System, Subscription Info And More | MMORPG.com

The Blade & Soul Revival Unreal Engine 4 overhaul page has received an update, this time talking about equipment, the breaker system, combat UI and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2021
    Eh....breaker systems sounds a little more newb-friendly than their stagger system. Getting randoms to know how to joint attack could be a real PITA in harder content, especially if people dont know how to use their i-frames if they fk up. Problem comes is timing I think, since joint attacks were primarily used back in the day to stop some pretty lethal moves. So if this is completely removing the join attack system, I guess they're either going to nerf certain moves on bosses or completely remove them.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Can't wait to see the final product on UE4. Almost wish they would have waited for UE5 considering the beta released today. Either way BnS has some really fun PvP arenas.
  • enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Imagin making a new mmo these days with UE3...
  • PARTIESPLAYINPARTIESPLAYIN Member UncommonPosts: 55

It's still happening . Blue hole is releasing a brand new MMORPG by q4 made in ue3 called Elyon
  • enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 174

It's still happening . Blue hole is releasing a brand new MMORPG by q4 made in ue3 called Elyon

Crazy.. .Unreal 5 in early access and Unreal 4 proven to be better then Unreal 3 by far...
  • MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143
    In that last bit are they trying to solve the problem of people just buying things by adding a new thing to buy?
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    I don't want to, but...

...does anyone honestly even care at this point?
    enesisxlr8
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Gorwe said:
    I don't want to, but...

I do. Granted it's been a long time coming, but BnS has one of the best 1v1 and 3v3 combat arenas in an MMO. Sadly, I doubt this update will revitalize the game for any real period of time.
    Gorwevelimirius
  • baileyornellasnkb69baileyornellasnkb69 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Yan Limeng who is full of lie
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    mcrippins said:
    Gorwe said:
    I don't want to, but...

I do. Granted it's been a long time coming, but BnS has one of the best 1v1 and 3v3 combat arenas in an MMO. Sadly, I doubt this update will revitalize the game for any real period of time.

It has a lot of good things(art, story, feel of combat, PvP), but, just like the upcoming Black Widow movie, its time could've passed. There is timing for everything.
    mcrippinsrojoArcueid
  • frozenhavenfrozenhaven Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited May 2021
    been way too long time coming for UE4. pretty much when game is almost dead and they trying to keep it alive by upping to UE4. now they add battlepass to copy other games lols to keep milking. never fixed hardcores issues like server lags and p2w aspects. they jst made it look more non p2w friendly but infact just gives them another avenue to farm players.
    Players farm the game for the next legendary mat, which only get outdated 1 patch later. while the devs farm the players for ways to earn more $$$ without making it look too easy to p2w.

No wonder their Quarterly earnings show massive losses this year. now they have to find a way to keep this game afloat lols. Put out mobile version first because mobile games would earn them more money than fixing their game and updating to UE4 for long time PC players
  • AureltAurelt Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I wish Lineage 2 would've been remade in unreal engine 4.
    GatsuZerk
  • sanibak3asanibak3a Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I used to play BnS when it first came to the West, and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't remember what caused me to stop playing--other obligations in life, other games, boredom? Anyway, it seems fairly difficult to jump back into when I tried before. It seemed like it would take a very long time to get back on par with other players, and I think I just quit again.

If this new update is going to make it easier for returning/new players, then maybe it will make a difference.