Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Man's Sky Adds Mass Effect's Normandy As Expedition Reward | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageNo Man's Sky Adds Mass Effect's Normandy As Expedition Reward | MMORPG.com

For those of us playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition, the SSV Normandy SR1 is a sight to behold. But what if you want to keep the Normandy, but explore more of the unknown in No Man's Sky? Well, now you can.

Read the full story here

Asm0deus

Comments

• CanPantherCanPanther Member UncommonPosts: 30
    That's awesome. And a long weekend this weekend to boot. Time to let the wife and kids know we ain't going anywhere. :P

I hope to see more of these kinds of crossovers.
    foppoteeScot
    You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
    You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
    I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose Freewill

- Rush, Freewill (Album: Permanent Waves)
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    From what I've seen it's not a ship you can fly, but joins your fleet as one of the frigates.
    [Deleted User]Scot
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508

From what I've seen it's not a ship you can fly, but joins your fleet as one of the frigates.

That's what I've gathered too from my brief reading & viewing, & that it's a limited time opportunity (till end of month I think).
  • TheIdealistTheIdealist Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I like No Man Sky a lot and I play it sometimes, what is missing from No Man Sky in my opinion is server side progress save. And I say that because it makes the game more competitive.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Now this is the sort of cross over I appreciate, the genre's match so why not? Unfortunately so many games now think anything goes, don't be surprised when Daleks appear in a medieval fantasy MMO near you. :)
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    I wonder how much HG had to pay EA/Bioware for that.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    foxgirl said:
    Likely nothing since it's free advertising for them just after the ME Legendary Edition release.
    [Deleted User]TacticalZombeh
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Considering it's EA though, so it makes me wonder. Free advertising or no, they aren't really the type to be like "Sure you can use our IP for your game!" without some sort of monetary compensation.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

foxgirl said:

HG are likely NOT to pay for advertising. I mean they kinda never did after the release of NMS.

So in the end, I'm having a hard to believing that they paid anything for this. If everything, its a free/free advertising.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!