Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overwatch 2 Is Reducing Squad Size, Will Only Have 5 Players On A Team | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageOverwatch 2 Is Reducing Squad Size, Will Only Have 5 Players On A Team | MMORPG.com

Overwatch 2 was shown off a bit during a livestream today, and with the stream came some major news for fans of the hero shooter: it will only have 5 players on each side.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    i remember thinking the other day i would play this game if it was at least 10v10.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    I bet this is because they want to put it on mobile, too.
    enesisxlr8IceAgegastovski1Tuor7

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Falls in line with CS and Valorant. I think 5v5 will be really fun. The only thing I have to question is role locks. I guess they feel like the 1 tank, 2 DPS, 2 support is just a perfect meta?
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    they shouls offer different size groups. I love large group pvp games like Battlefield, and a hero shooter like Overwatch would be relly fun in a large scale map with big groups too.
    mcrippinsRaivyn79

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2021
    I care more about how they are going to handle the pve. Like how will the overall progression work.
    rojoArcueid
  • enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Sorry I feel asleep..... ZZZzzzz Blizard moves soooooooo sllooooowwwwwwlyyyyyy
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    they shouls offer different size groups. I love large group pvp games like Battlefield, and a hero shooter like Overwatch would be relly fun in a large scale map with big groups too.
    I'm not sure a game like Overwatch would translate well to large scale battles. I would love to be wrong, since SW BF II (the original) was my favorite shooter of all time, but Overwatch is so defined by ultimate abilities capable of mass destruction. And when you put a whole bunch of said characters together, any one of which could turn the tide on a moment's notice, you just end up with pure chaos.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Aeander said:
    I'm not sure a game like Overwatch would translate well to large scale battles. I would love to be wrong, since SW BF II (the original) was my favorite shooter of all time, but Overwatch is so defined by ultimate abilities capable of mass destruction. And when you put a whole bunch of said characters together, any one of which could turn the tide on a moment's notice, you just end up with pure chaos.

well with the current OW1 game modes that makes sense, but they could add new game modes with objectives that work well in a hero shooter. It doesn't even have to be 60 players (although i'd love it), it could be 32, or even 12v12. For example capturing larger areas instead of a small point. Maybe i'm just spoiled by Battlefield games but id love to see non realistic shooters expand like that.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Ginaz said:

I bet this is because they want to put it on mobile, too.

While I don't expect the game to hit mobile, the game is on Switch so it would not be a big leap considering most modern day phones have more powerful hardware then the Switch now.
  • jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Feels like a lazy decision. Tanks are very underrepresented in Overwatch and this just feels like a dirty solution. After forcing the 222 role setup and now removing one tank it seems like they can't help themselves but dumb everything down to whatever fits best.
    Yeah sure they'll design OW2 in a such a way that 1 tank work. But I'd rather have them be adventerous and explore the possibility to remove all role classifications and make the lines thinner between all roles. Like in mobas.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    So it's already less than the original.

/slowclap

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/