Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preview: The Future of Dauntless Is Radiant | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imagePreview: The Future of Dauntless Is Radiant | MMORPG.com

Robin had the chance to check out Dauntless' latest update, Echoes of the Future, which brings a new hunting ground, QOL updates and a new Behemoth, the Chronovore to the free-to-play hunting game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Does anyone on here actively play this? Was thinking of maybe returning to see how its been going.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited May 2021
    You know, I was pretty much the only one here saying this game, as a f2p Monster Hunter, had a long and successful future ahead of it if it could just survive the short term. Its business model does, after all, encourage long term development while Monster Hunter releases a new game every few years. 

Y'all laughed at me, but, of course, I was right. 
    Arleevelimiriuspolki
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I did give it a try. I enjoyed it, but you reach "endgame" quite fast. Then it's just grinding the same areas over and over to collect enough materials for the exotics.

It can be fun for a little while, but it does not have that much content for longevity. 

• ArleeArlee Member UncommonPosts: 154

Bloodaxes said:

I did give it a try. I enjoyed it, but you reach "endgame" quite fast. Then it's just grinding the same areas over and over to collect enough materials for the exotics.

It can be fun for a little while, but it does not have that much content for longevity. 

I enjoy it a lot as a hop in and out game. I'll play it a lot for awhile, take a break, and then come back. It's pretty solid in that manner for me.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Radiant is like saying the future is bright.

Bold words from a PREVIEW don't you think?Thia would be more of a statement from a full REVIEW and not a preview.

This is like saying,well the door knob on the hotel door was amazing hand crafted hardwood so the hotel has a RADIANT/bright future

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ArleeArlee Member UncommonPosts: 154

Wizardry said:

Radiant is like saying the future is bright.

Bold words from a PREVIEW don't you think?Thia would be more of a statement from a full REVIEW and not a preview.

This is like saying,well the door knob on the hotel door was amazing hand crafted hardwood so the hotel has a RADIANT/bright future

The update's name is "Echoes of the Future" and the theme for the season is "Radiant". Hopefully you can figure what you missed from there. And yes, Dauntless is moving in a solid direction for them and continues to be a solid game, so their future is indeed bright.
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    Less than mediocre version of Monster Hunter with terrible looking, identity politics inspired character models. 

Sorry Dauntless.... you'll never be as good as Monster Hunter.