Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Lifts Verbal NDA, Visual NDA Still Applies | MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Torval said:
    I may have missed it.  But I haven't seen a single person who defended the "verbal NDA drop" give any feedback on the game.  If I missed the posts please link so I can read up on your thoughts.

Defend what? What an obnoxious way to phrase things. Partial NDAs are a thing. But that is how this forum works. People shit post here like 4CHAN in a huge circlejerk.

I don't get in until "Alpha 2", whatever and whenever the hell that is. I'll have plenty of feedback then, but please don't pretend to ask a question with genuine intentions and then give people shit for answering honestly.
    Please don't attempt to do, what you claim others are doing.  I am actually, genuinely looking for feedback from people that have access to the game.  I would rather see REAL feedback from someone who I have formed an opinion on as opposed to a paid streamer who is pumping their referrals.   So far I only have one person I know.  To get a real picture I would love to see more.   Then when the "visual" NDA drops we can see reality for ourselves.  That either builds or negates credibility for the posters.

See, regardless of how you put down the community here, I do read your posts and have formed a positive opinion of your honesty (although tend to get emotional).  If you posted "I played the game.  It's real.  I liked X,Y,Z and Disliked 1,2,3.  They need to fix !@# and I think next Christmas is a real possibility.  I would believe that more than I believe "Elloa" talking about the game and asking for referrals. 

I think the verbal/visual NDA is utter bullshit and something Stephen made up to get him out of the spotlight from his silly post about how New World was copying him.  If he was consistent with one message "This is not a marketing ploy.  This is about testing mechanics.  Shit will be broke" then the "visual" is meaningless.  Instead, IMHO he tries to talk out of both sides of his mouth by claiming its a "technical" Alpha but wanting to maximize the Streamers impact who might be distracted by other games.  He should just be honest.  If the game is really going to be looking at 2023 then say so.  And if that is the case than streaming or no streaming, whatever exists in the game right now is almost meaningless for what will exist 2 years from now so it's pointless.  Lag? Desync? Rubberbanding?  Graphics glitches? State of combat?   All meaningless if the game is 2 years away.

Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Albatroes said:
    Yes it is.  And what is even weirder is that there have only been 4 threads started in the Ashes forum in the last 7 months (and two were by me)!  62 TOTAL replies... in 7 months. 

You would think, at least after this "big verbal NDA drop" that the place would be flooded with folks giving their opinions and thoughts on the actual game they played...

Curious.

"Flooded by folks giving their opinions"......Who do you think is going to flood this forum?

You've been here long enough to know that every thread on this website is populated by the same 2 dozen or so posters.  There may be an uptick next month when the full NDA drops but even then I doubt anyone is going to be rushing to post on this site. 
     Not true at all.  You’ve had 600 posts and the first time I noticed was this thread. There are far more people that post and read here than you think. Just glancing at this week’s “leaderboard” and I only recognize 2 of the ten names.

Just because folks post in threads you don’t follow (or I don’t) doesn’t mean they aren’t here.  

Even the official Reddit is lacking.  Sure there are a dozen or so videos people dropped which mostly contain  “it’s a technical beta so temper expectations.  Oh yeah here is my referral code if you use it I can make some money”, but very little discussion around it. 

I'm not entirely sure what would be expected when to 'test' the game has a buy-in of 500$. Most 'opinions' with a price-tag like that aren't going to be really 'informative' imo outside of typical PR to defend the sunken-cost 

Is it true that the only people that have access to the game now paid $500 to get in?  
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    What's happening in this thread is ridiculous and scammer AoC is probably loving every bit of it.

Don't be manipulated into fighting each other vs asking legit questions about the 'dev' who was able to buy himself a mansion with funds for a crowdfund game that's no where close to being finished/released..

Focus on the people who've profited millions and provided nothing.

Slapshot is right about "where are the verbal reviews".. My guess is no one wants to do them for fear of either ban/blacklist by AoC AND being attacked by other gamers like in this thread.

Think about everything this game has done to control the flow of information pretending like it's perfectly normal and acceptable behavior. People don't speak freely because of the fear campaign AoC runs to prevent any questions from being asked. It's almost like they dropped the verbal NDA to keep track of who is going to speak out against them IMO.

If I were a streamer or even a gamer who gave this project thousands why risk having your access revoked cause AoC is like a totalitarian regime. They use FEAR to manipulate the actions of EVERYONE even those who only take slight interest in their game. Why would anyone want to play/support a game created by people like that? Desperation? The game better be the "WoW killer" to put up with that level of mental abuse and even then it's still probably not worth it..

The story of the the guy who started this project for those late to the game or haven't paid attention is a history in MARKETING. He was also a WHALE in ARCHEAGE. One day he decided to try to create a game and USE crowdfunding to achieve that goal. He is no different than anyone on this site who could do the exact same thing if they wanted to.
    IselinGdemami
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    BruceYee said:

Don't be manipulated into fighting each other vs asking legit questions about the 'dev' who was able to buy himself a mansion with funds for a crowdfund game that's no where close to being finished/released..

Yeah? First I've heard of buying a mansion with funds from crowdfunding.

Got any more details on that?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    BruceYee said:

Yeah.  I'm pretty sure his first mansion came from Xango Juice Multi-Level Marketing.
    You know... stuff like THIS

I do not believe he used the Crowdfunded money to buy any homes. I think he already had at least one mansion from the Xango juice MLM stuff.

Gdemami

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Another game where 98% of the commenters won't have ever played it.

Good graphic bad! Mount bad! Combat bad!
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Utinni said:

You've played? Please share.

Otherwise join the crowd.

Gdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Utinni said:

Whereas the commentators who have played it are either whales or influencers who can get paid for recommending the game.

We'll need to wait until beta before they start letting people with lower payment tiers in and we'll start getting feedback from more average players.
    YashaX

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265

[Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Iselin said:
    BruceYee said:

Yeah.  I'm pretty sure his first mansion came from Xango Juice Multi-Level Marketing.

I do not believe he used the Crowdfunded money to buy any homes. I think he already had at least one mansion from the Xango juice MLM stuff.

Yeah I know all that about his wealth and MLM.

But that's quite different than making stuff up about buying a mansion with funds from crowdfunding.

Criticize him for whatever is worth criticizing (and this partial NDA lift is IMO petty.) No need to also make shit up which is why I called him on it.
    YashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    BruceYee said:

Yeah I know all that about his wealth and MLM.

But that's quite different than making stuff up about buying a mansion with funds from crowdfunding.

Criticize him for whatever is worth criticizing (and this partial NDA lift is IMO petty.) No need to also make shit up which is why I called him on it.
    Yeah I don't know where he got the whole using funds from AoC to buy a mansion from...
    Gdemami