Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I feel like im playing the waiting game for anything for me to bother playing

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
edited May 2021 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
Beyond the shadows there's always light

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I stopped waiting for games. Sure I watch development information but I play what ever I can get my hands on while the list of MMOs I want are being worked on. Got lost in Immortal Fenix Rising and having a blast. Kinda scratches the MMO bug with the open free roam world. 

Played Skyrim as well. Gives the MMO feel without people. Lost a few weeks of my life to that. 

I also go back to MMOs I used to love to play their new expansion. Played WoW again till I got board. Thinking of going back to EQ1 for a bit with the new server they launching on May 26th. 

Heck even did GW2 for a couple of moneths. Waiting sucks, gaming is awesome. If you dont know what you want to play. Sub to XBox game pass for PC. You will have access to 200+ games for $15 bucks. If you have an XBox you will have 500 + games to play. Just my two cents. 
    [Deleted User]SovrathAlBQuirkyUngood[Deleted User]Truvidienn
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    waiting game? welcome to the club.
    AlBQuirky

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Nanfoodle said:
    I stopped waiting for games. Sure I watch development information but I play what ever I can get my hands on while the list of MMOs I want are being worked on. Got lost in Immortal Fenix Rising and having a blast. Kinda scratches the MMO bug with the open free roam world. 

Played Skyrim as well. Gives the MMO feel without people. Lost a few weeks of my life to that. 

I also go back to MMOs I used to love to play their new expansion. Played WoW again till I got board. Thinking of going back to EQ1 for a bit with the new server they launching on May 26th. 

Heck even did GW2 for a couple of moneths. Waiting sucks, gaming is awesome. If you dont know what you want to play. Sub to XBox game pass for PC. You will have access to 200+ games for $15 bucks. If you have an XBox you will have 500 + games to play. Just my two cents. 
    Everquest's new server does indeed sound fantastic. Only problem is how will they handle the camps and other stuff that make you have to wait to get into a group. if they can make it so numerous guilds can actually do a  Plane and dragons it would be so much better. 
    AlBQuirky
    Chamber of Chains
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2021
    Honestly, the private server itch has been bugging me lately, since I'm tired of gimmicks in almost every mmorpg today (login rewards, lotteries, scaling, etc). I wont completely knock games that do that, but the real problem is that it isn't fair in terms of having something for everyone, and what I mean by that is, having a server that does all of that while also having a server that doesn't. But it is what it is.
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Honestly, there are so many good and interesting games,  no need to wait, just try out a new genre, you may love it. 
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky[Deleted User]
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Honestly, there are so many good and interesting games,  no need to wait, just try out a new genre, you may love it. 

This. There are literally too many games to play right now.
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Deathkon1 said:
    I havent seen a game i've like in 3-4 years and most of the games im waiting for to release minus the new world aren't even on steam

Anyone else the same

Yup, welcome to the club.

I'm up to 8 years of "waiting" now, not a single MMORPG in that time period has been enjoyable for me. I've tried out nearly all the AAA titles and at least researched most of the others, but the industry has gone in a direction that I just don't enjoy.

The key to happiness in this respect is to not thinking of it as waiting. Waiting for something you want sucks! I lack the patience. So, don't wait for a new game as you'll drive yourself crazy.

Instead, just play whatever the hell you like and have hope for the future. Whilst the MMORPG genre has let me down, there are other genres I like so it's not like I've been short on games to play. I can still have fun playing games whenever I want, its just none of them are currently MMORPGs.

One day, that will change and a "good" MMORPG will come along and it will take over my gaming time again. But until then, I'll just be happy with what I've got, plus I'll visit here for fun.
    AlBQuirky
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    I had stop waiting for new games , just focus on my old game list.
    UngoodAlBQuirky
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    DDO is my fallback MMO.

When something new comes along that can grip me, I will jump into that, and play, but, if nothing is out there, I fall back to DDO. It's like a comfortable shoe.. a buggy, poorly optimized, falling apart shoe.. but a comfortable old shoe none the less.
    iixviiiixcheyaneCryomatrixAlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Deathkon1 said:
    I havent seen a game i've like in 3-4 years and most of the games im waiting for to release minus the new world aren't even on steam

Anyone else the same

I'm sure there are many that feel the same, but I expect more do not. Why wait when one can access what is and much of what was. Surely something in that abundance must have some appeal, like what you played a few years ago for example.

After all, there is no guarantee New World or the other titles you are anticipating will end out pleasing to you when they get around to being released. At least what you have liked in the past is somewhat a safe bet.
    AlBQuirky
  • MargaretavilleMargaretaville Member UncommonPosts: 72
    edited May 2021
    Well today I was browsing the games on sale on Steam, and ran across "Toilet Simulator". 

It's a new type of first person shooter that allows players to simulate sitting on a toilet and hitting the hole.

With such new, novel, and challenging content such as this, have faith that your wait for  better developed creative games is almost over! 

Maybe they can make an MMO out of it, kinda like Fallout 76............

AlBQuirky
    Steam is a rotting haystack peppered with silver needles.
    UngoodAlBQuirky
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited May 2021
    How come the Asian MMO's / MMORPG's come out all the time and the American ones are rare to come out? The Asian games have more funding opportunities?

[Deleted User]AlBQuirky

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I waited a really long time then Atlas came along and boy was i excited.It is the exact game i always wanted.

I didn't at the time know much about the studio but figured it made some decent money and looked promising.

Well the problem is 99% of the studios are NOT giving their best effort,they are just giving us tid bits of a good game then selling it and basically abandoning it.MOST of these studios are too small and don't have the money and even if they do the top execs and investors only care about profit margin not HQ gaming.

The problem is we only have a few studios capable of HQ games and of those only a few WANT to give us some effort.

So if i use simple math,what studios are doing is taking games that say take 5 years to make and condensing them down to 2 years and selling them as Early Access.

Small studios are taking games that need 200+ teams to make a good game but are trying to do it with 6-20 people,so we end up with more half assed  crap.

In case nobody noticed most of the big business studios have gone over to mobile gaming,they see one thing >>$$$$$$,they don't care one bit about making great games.

NildenUngoodBossalinieAlBQuirkyTuor7

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The #1 thing holding back more HQ games is the market is making billions without needing any HQ games.

So there is ZERO incentive to do any better.
    TokkenTheocritusNildenUngoodKyleranMendelAlBQuirkyTuor7

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Last count I think I have at least 50 games on steam wishlist....I guess I too am "waiting" for them to go on sale.....
    [Deleted User]CryomatrixKyleranAlBQuirky
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    Tokken said:
    How come the Asian MMO's / MMORPG's come out all the time and the American ones are rare to come out? The Asian games have more funding opportunities?

Because Asia is the new America and America is obsolete.  
    TokkenUngoodAlBQuirkyTuor7
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Tokken said:

Unbridled Pay 2 Everything.
    UngoodKyleranAlBQuirky

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Tokken said:

Yes, they do.

MMO's are HUGE in the Asian market, and they don't get upset about P2W.
    [Deleted User]KyleranAlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    edited May 2021
    Tokken said:

Their abundance suggests they are more confident in their market for MMORPGs than Americans companies are in this market. To the extent that is true funding for them would be more easily come by as well.
    KyleranAlBQuirky
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    edited May 2021
    Deathkon1 said:
    Steam is a rotting haystack peppered with silver needles.
    Steams utter crap I buy more trading cards to craft badges then I do games you will find more hopes for games that arent on steam, they give the game developers more power then they do the buyer and when wrongfully banned or have an issue to report and say hey this guy shouldnt be on steam theres no way to contact them

I doubt that, simply due to volume alone. Most large game companies have a presence there, and many small developers that can't be found elsewhere. One must simply be willing to spend the time and effort to find the better offerings.

Claimed "wrongful" bans are in far greater abundance than genuine ones regardless of the game or platform, so I don't put too much stock in that.

You can contact Steam through their support system, which is the extent of contact I've usually had with gaming related companies. The one exception was Blizzard, that provided an easily found phone number on their site for speaking directly to their live customer support.
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirkyTuor7
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Deathkon1 said:
    Ungood said:
    Tokken said:

Yes, they do.

MMO's are HUGE in the Asian market, and they don't get upset about P2W.
    Pay2win asian games tend to have alot of people willing to tolerate the fact of real life implications in the game they play which is life is pay2win in the purest form, but meh I am just saying stuff like that because its the truth people don't want to accept this is where the root of where the hate for pay2win comes into existence can't say I don't understand I was taught to look at both sides of the coin, the good bad and the ugly side of reality this is why most or at least a big chunk of people start gaming to get away from irl even if its only temporary 
    That's not it at all for me.

I don't want a cash shop in any game, even a single player one where it would only affect the one playing. I want to play the game not pay it and the game is going to be designed to push you to the cash shop.

The root of pay2win hate for me isn't people spending and flexing real life wealth. It's sacrificing the integrity of the game to make money.

If I was playing chess against the AI and could just buy pieces with money it would defeat the entire point of playing the game. If I was playing solitaire or minesweeper and could buy cards or buy move take backs it would ruin the game for me.

Imagine how pointless the Olympics would be if people could just buy seconds off their times or buy extra distance or whatever. You would just end up giving Bill Gates and his ex-wife all the gold medals.

It goes beyond pay2win and becomes pay2everything, pay 2 faster, pay 2 skip, pay 2 look cool, pay 2 rng, pay 2 resources...

The game is just there to support a shopping mall at that point. A shopping mall designed to sell you solutions to the problems the devs create. A shopping mall that invalidates the time you put into the game. A shopping mall that takes rewards you could earn by actually playing the game and sells them to you instead.

Cash shops are cancer.
    CryomatrixCanPantherAlBQuirkyTuor7

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/