Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes CEO (with a cash shop for a game not even in Alpha 1) pokes fun at Amazon's Cash Shop

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
edited May 2021 in Ashes of Creation
People in glass houses should not throw stones...  and he even thinks they are drawing "inspiration" from HIS designs?  LOL

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

KyleranIselin[Deleted User]YashaX[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Paragon of virtue he is not.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    He almost sounds like he believes his own spin. 
    KyleranYashaX[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• PresciencePrescience Member UncommonPosts: 255
    What scares me more is the amount of people that follow him blindly. 
    Slapshot1188[Deleted User]Theocritus[Deleted User]Gdemami
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
    What scares me more is the amount of people that follow him blindly. 
    For years I have really felt that these game communities resemble cults in many ways.  And the guys at the middle certainly foster that with their "Us vs Them" story that they all tell. 
    [Deleted User]GdemamiYashaXKyleran

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Most likely another CEO who isn't worth what he is paid but talks a good game......
    Gdemami
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2021
    Wasn't ashes supposed to be in alpha/beta like 2-3 years ago or something?

The guy releases a BR with a stand-alone cash shop, while also selling 'cosmetics' for the MMO before all of that.....he can't really talk about someone else's monetization.

I dont trust either of them, but at least Amazon has something people can play.
    Gdemami
  • PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Its funny that MMORPG.com users have backed every single trash tier MMO for the past decade and decide to shit on this one which is really the only one that has a chance in hell at being good.

He is clearly upset about the fact that it has pay to win. Just because they are both under the umbrella of microtransactions does not mean they are equal to each other. 

ANY pay to win will make a game instantly garbage in my eyes. How my character dresses means next to nothing to me. Everything he said here I agree with.
    GdemamiChampie
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Ponzini said:
    Its funny that MMORPG.com users have backed every single trash tier MMO for the past decade and decide to shit on this one which is really the only one that has a chance in hell at being good.

He is clearly upset about the fact that it has pay to win. Just because they are both under the umbrella of microtransactions does not mean they are equal to each other. 

ANY pay to win will make a game instantly garbage in my eyes. How my character dresses means next to nothing to me. Everything he said here I agree with.

Full circle. Now people are hating on people who don't like pay to win cash shops.
    Gdemami
    Let us not forget the utter pretentiousness where he tries to say they “drew inspiration from his designs”.  Or the way he wRoTE wiTH WeiRd CapiTaLIzaTion to mock people. His own game is massively delayed and years behind schedule while he shoves sale after sale out the door despite fostering the myth that his project was self-funded. IMHO he simply needs to shut up and focus on delivering on HIS game and worry less about Amazon’s massively delayed game.  Folks in glass houses should not throw stones.  End of story.

Once he actually delivers what he promised years ago, well... then maybe he’ll have time to talk about the shortcomings of other companies.
    maskedweaselGdemami

• PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Let us not forget the utter pretentiousness where he tries to say they “drew inspiration from his designs”.  Or the way he wRoTE wiTH WeiRd CapiTaLIzaTion to mock people. His own game is massively delayed and years behind schedule while he shoves sale after sale out the door despite fostering the myth that his project was self-funded. IMHO he simply needs to shut up and focus on delivering on HIS game and worry less about Amazon’s massively delayed game.  Folks in glass houses should not throw stones.  End of story.

Once he actually delivers what he promised years ago, well... then maybe he’ll have time to talk about the shortcomings of other companies.
    He doesn't need to shut up at all. Why should he? He was discussing his opinions on his own discord when you clipped it. Personally I would rather see people speak their mind rather than boring corporate speak where we step on egg shells around issues.

As far as the game being delayed he has admitted to his mistakes. He is self funded. He is not Amazon with unlimited funds and an experienced team. Also weren't they delayed for like 1-2  years also despite being Amazon?
    Slapshot1188Champie
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Yeah f*** this guy and his game, lol. What is he trying to monopolize douche and claim he invented it too?
    Slapshot1188Gdemami
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• esotericsytesotericsyt Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    "How dare he, he fking gave his opinion. He literally logged online, open social media and gave opinion about video game. I know he's issued an apology but I'm still shaking, bro. I'm just shaking that this man has the audacity to give opinion about something. It's 2021, and somebody giving their opinion about something 0nline is just very dangerous." -KiraTV
    Ashes of Creation - Delays & Drama - YouTube
    [Deleted User]ChampieGdemami
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    "How dare he, he fking gave his opinion. He literally logged online, open social media and gave opinion about video game. I know he's issued an apology but I'm still shaking, bro. I'm just shaking that this man has the audacity to give opinion about something. It's 2021, and somebody giving their opinion about something 0nline is just very dangerous." -KiraTV
    Two things:

When you're in the public eye, there's no such thing as "but I said it on my other private account."

And opinions are not automatically given a pass by virtue of being just opinions. This is something that annoys me to no end when people start whining about "bUt mY fReE SpeEcH, bRo!" Yeah, say what you want whenever you want but man-up for the consequences. 
    [Deleted User]TillerGdemamiYashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

What’s the real cash referral balance that Kira is sitting on for pushing AoC?

IselinGdemamiYashaX

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

Seems like a nice enough guy, but he bends over backwards to find every excuse under the sun to cover for Ashes here, while bashing virtually all other mmos he covers for the smallest things in his other videos. 
    Gdemami
  • PresciencePrescience Member UncommonPosts: 255
    YashaX said:

Seems like a nice enough guy, but he bends over backwards to find every excuse under the sun to cover for Ashes here, while bashing virtually all other mmos he covers for the smallest things in his other videos. 
    Well, I sure hope he gets paid for that amount of advertisement. I wouldn't want him to be taken advantage of.
    Slapshot1188Soybean
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    It is quite possible this is some weird PR stunt since people are not thrilled with Amazon atm. But yeah, the self awareness is truly lacking. In the Lazy peon video he talked about how ashes of creation used elements from other games. Something like the bounty system Ultima online had is going to be put into AoC. Including the idea of guards attacking you if you Pk'd one to many people and how some towns would be neutral to Pk'ers. The caravan system is something BDO has. The whole Idea of mages, warriors ect going through a dungeon was taken from dungeons and dragons but Amazon took inspiration from him?? Sure Jan.
    Gdemami
  • 190100190100 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Oh hey, this guy in your screencap is the clown that banned me for pming him about mod abuse. It all makes sense now after seeing this thread.