Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7 days to level 10

13»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976
    Mendel said:
    Scot said:
    Scot said:
    "7 days to level 10" sounds like a sci fi thriller novel!
    I understand Jason Stratham is available. :)
    Please god, no more Jason Statham movies.
    If he carries on for another twenty years he will become the UK's answer to Steven Seagal. Steven's films are on a channel here somewhere every night, we need a British actor who can live up to that prestigious output.  :)

Micheal Caine isn't available?
    Caine is simply not in the action mould enough, and someone younger than their late 80's would be preferable. :)
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Tuor7Gorwe
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976
    Cameltosis   7 points
    Torval           7 points
    tzervo           7 points

delete5230   0

I tried to make a harmless post how I judge a healthy mmoprg, in my opinion.
    Not hurting anyone, but we talked about everything but that.

I'll leave
    People have given their ideas, but the thread has been rather derailed I must admit. I see those other 'topics' as a bonus of MMORPG.com, though it is rather against the rules. :)
    [Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Scot said:
    Cameltosis   7 points
    Torval           7 points
    tzervo           7 points

delete5230   0

I tried to make a harmless post how I judge a healthy mmoprg, in my opinion.
    Not hurting anyone, but we talked about everything but that.

I'll leave
    People have given their ideas, but the thread has been rather derailed I must admit. I see those other 'topics' as a bonus of MMORPG.com, though it is rather against the rules. :)
    MMORPG.com has rules? Who knew?

;)
    [Deleted User]Scot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    edited May 2021
    delete5230 said:
    In a nut shell, this is my test to gage a hearty healthy mmorpg,
    If I could manage to stay level ten or below for a week.  Making friends along the way, testing and getting to know my abilities inside and out. A good solid game where others are doing the same...... Even using 3rd party web sites to enhance the 1-10 experience, to make sure I miss nothing about my class.....
    *skip*
    Delete I've clicked on this thread several times now. This is probably the 4th or 5th time. This time, something dawned on me as I read the first line, and had to do with the the descriptive word heart.

It reminded me of an old gamers blog about mudflation from years ago. Alas, if I try to explain I'll probably mess it up, here's the link:

The mudflation is an antibody to this model. It’s an attempt to keep everything together. The erosion of content is needed to sustain the expansion. An expansion that isn’t mirrored by the expansion of a server('s population). The players become just drifting ships on this stain. The more the time passes the more the ships will crowd the borders of the stain (the end-levels). As new content is released the stain will expand again and the ships blocked on the border will drift once again till the new border. This while the center is exsiccating. Noone looks the center anymore. Even if the center is the game. The center is the heart and, still, it’s ignored because all the ships are on the border, not anymore in the center.

Soon this heart will die but noone can see this because there are still the boys surfing on the borders. Where the game seems still full of life. The mudflation is a desperate attempt to counterattack this unexcused expansion process. To keep its heart alive this growing stain tries to cut away what it can. The less important parts are abandoned so that the life sources can still be focused elsewhere and sustain the unending, pointless and foolish enlargement.

This written in 2005 about WoW, well before most of us became aware of mudflation in mmorpgs.

Post edited by Hawkaya399 on
    Tuor7
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    It'll work with mini dings and ranks due to kids these days not having enough attention.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    how about NO LEVELS? Everything is ENDGAME, day 1! not day 7, 8 , 9 , 100, etc. but DAY ONE!!

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    edited June 2021
    Delete it sounds like you enjoy the journey more than the destination....Theres quite a few around here that agree with that...not all are end game sprinters.....

I like the journey, but sometimes it's simply pointless(classes are half baked, some abilities are locked etc) until a completely random point(often around 66% of leveling).

Edit: Sorry delete, but I simply prefer more to the point opening. I prefer action to what you are describing. Sue me. :p

Edit 2: Are you factually ok?
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Gorwe said:
    Delete it sounds like you enjoy the journey more than the destination....Theres quite a few around here that agree with that...not all are end game sprinters.....

I like the journey, but sometimes it's simply pointless(classes are half baked, some abilities are locked etc) until a completely random point(often around 66% of leveling).

Edit: Sorry delete, but I simply prefer more to the point opening. I prefer action to what you are describing. Sue me. :p

Cancer is not coming back and over a year, so that's great, but another mri at the end of  the month will tell more.  Seizure meds are kicking my ass real bad.  In the process of changing to a different kind.... Very very hard to handle them, dizzy all the time. 

If the next mri and the new meds work out, I'll be on top of the world :)  
    GorweKyleranPo_gg[Deleted User]Hawkaya399
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    Gorwe said:

Cancer is not coming back and over a year, so that's great, but another mri at the end of  the month will tell more.  Seizure meds are kicking my ass real bad.  In the process of changing to a different kind.... Very very hard to handle them, dizzy all the time. 

Yes, they are also probably making you too sensitive to random nonsense. I understand, pain wants to do that.

Be well.
    delete5230
  • SKurjSKurj Member UncommonPosts: 157
    25 days played to my first 60 in wow...

now if it takes more than 3-4 days... "it's too slow", "falling behind" BS...

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    Gorwe said:

I'm very glad to hear the cancer has been overcome. Hopefully you will have an equally happy outcome with one of the medications for your seizures. I know side effects can be a bother until they happen on the one best suited to you.

Good luck to you in your upcoming MRI.
    delete5230Kyleran[Deleted User]Hawkaya399