Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 Reasons to Play Swords of Legends Online (And 3 Reasons You Might Want to Skip It) | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

image3 Reasons to Play Swords of Legends Online (And 3 Reasons You Might Want to Skip It) | MMORPG.com

Swords of Legends Online is currently in closed beta, and slated to release later this year in the west. It's not always easy to tell whether a game is for you until you've taken some time to hop in and try it, but here is a short-list of features that may make you excited to play SOLO, or it could convince you to skip it altogether.

Read the full story here

Comments

• KeladorKelador Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Don’t Play SOLO If: Gameforge is the Publisher.
    Cheecher2[Deleted User]IceAgeAlbatroesdoomexaivariohamrneurosis
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Kelador said:

should put don't also if you don't like p2w shinese games
    Occultical
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    SOLO isn't p2w, don't spread misinformation.
    DeviDemonmaskedweaselcheyanealkarionlog[Deleted User]MustikosKyleranOcculticalkoldmiserdoomexand 4 others.
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Seems the good outweigh the bad as far as Im concerned
    Will try it !
    [Deleted User]SovrathOcculticalTokken
  • KeladorKelador Member UncommonPosts: 119
    edited May 2021

angrygirl said:

System said:

image3 Reasons to Play Swords of Legends Online (And 3 Reasons You Might Want to Skip It) | MMORPG.com

Swords of Legends Online is currently in closed beta, and slated to release later this year in the west. It's not always easy to tell whether a game is for you until you've taken some time to hop in and try it, but here is a short-list of features that may make you excited to play SOLO, or it could convince you to skip it altogether.

Read the full story here

Probably gonna try it.

Its $50 to try it they are going with the archage relaunch b2p and massive cashshop+battlepass system.
    [Deleted User]KyleranOcculticalkoldmiserSailorMom
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

foxgirl said:

SOLO isn't p2w, don't spread misinformation.

they nerver are at start, but remember is a chinese game there is NOT a single chinese game with is not p2w in some way
    MustikosKyleranOcculticalYashaXRaagnarzdoomexmrneurosis
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    I'll give it a whirl.
    maskedweaselkoldmiser[Deleted User]Tokken
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    We had a great story to take part within FFXI and it was done with a group.Point being we shouldn't be referencing ANY solo gameplay with a game that has a login screen.Wyhat is the point of a login if you are soloing,you don't need a login screen to play a single player game.
    Also i am 99% certain this b2p is just a scam,they figure "let's do it and see how many we can scam"then they flip over to f2p with more cash shop and different ways to make you pay.

I will NOT play a game with a cash shop,to me that is a garbage idea.If i buy a game i want the ENTIRE game and ALL it's assets.I will not allow a game developer to remove assets and then ask me to buy them back,that is pure BS.

Deathtognomes

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Only 3 reasons not to play?
    Sarla

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    I'll be trying it.
    Tokken
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2021
    Gameforge and B2P just dont go together for me....and they STILL have the nerve to keep Kingdom Under Fire 2 B2P with how bad that's performing ever since release.
    Wizardry said:
    We had a great story to take part within FFXI and it was done with a group.Point being we shouldn't be referencing ANY solo gameplay with a game that has a login screen.Wyhat is the point of a login if you are soloing,you don't need a login screen to play a single player game.
    Also i am 99% certain this b2p is just a scam,they figure "let's do it and see how many we can scam"then they flip over to f2p with more cash shop and different ways to make you pay.

I will NOT play a game with a cash shop,to me that is a garbage idea.If i buy a game i want the ENTIRE game and ALL it's assets.I will not allow a game developer to remove assets and then ask me to buy them back,that is pure BS.

Pretty much solo being so prevalant takes me back to an old Jim Sterling quote "Game companies dont just want a lot of money, they want ALL OF THE MONEY."
  • ShinobeShinobe Member UncommonPosts: 91
    i dont like cash shops/ pay to progress faster etc (what ever you call it).
    But we (as we the gamer) have to admit that it is our selfmade problem.
    As long as people use/pay this shops they will use the system and i cant blame them. I mean i have never work for a company that said, ahhh nah we dont take your money, we have already enough. So, if you want get rid of that "chash shop" problem, dont use it.
    [Deleted User]
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    It will NOT be P2W! BUT... you never know what they do once the game has launched and we are already playing for some time and they might make it F2P....
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
  • DeathtognomesDeathtognomes Member UncommonPosts: 155
    edited May 2021

Kelador said:

Don’t Play SOLO If:You dont like PVP
    Tokken
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Wizardry said:

I guess I'm going to have to go back and read this again or research the game more as I didn't see anything in this article about playing by yourself (solo). I do know that the SOLO they keep referencing is just the acronym for the game Sword Of Legends Online
    maskedweaselSamhael
  • mrneurosismrneurosis Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Nah. I am done with Asian MMOS. Played one and you have played them all. Got enough singple player games to keep me busy during covid lockdowns.
    Cryomatrix
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Shinobe said:

Please, do not drag me into the blame of where we are now. It has zero to do with me.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

Shinobe said:

As long as people use/pay this shops they will use the system and i cant blame them. I mean i have never work for a company that said, ahhh nah we dont take your money, we have already enough. So, if you want get rid of that "chash shop" problem, dont use it.

Getting rid of cash shops would require a united front of virtually every player not using them for an extended period of time so their loss of viability would strike home.

It would also have to come with the realization that subscription fees that haven't changed for decades are part of the reason MMORPGs sought alternate means of revenue.

To get rid of cash shops and have the games too would require a willingness to pay a higher ongoing fee that takes into account at least some of the devaluation of currency since those prices were established.

Good luck getting players on board with that.
    [Deleted User]
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Im not thwir audience.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Kelador said:

angrygirl said:

System said:

Read the full story here

Probably gonna try it.

Its $50 to try it they are going with the archage relaunch b2p and massive cashshop+battlepass system.
    Scaryyyy!!!

Gonna try the beta today! Looks nice tbh.

• PegasusKogaPegasusKoga Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited May 2021
    Not trying to start a discussion about the benefits of solo play versus grouping.

But could anyone tell me whether this game is interesting for someone who intends to play solo most of the time (main quest and side quests)?
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Non streamlined content sounds bad but it actually isn't. Chuck in a free BP and I'll have a casual look otherwise wait for f2p.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353

Shinobe said:

Getting rid of cash shops would require a united front of virtually every player not using them for an extended period of time so their loss of viability would strike home.

It would also have to come with the realization that subscription fees that haven't changed for decades are part of the reason MMORPGs sought alternate means of revenue.

To get rid of cash shops and have the games too would require a willingness to pay a higher ongoing fee that takes into account at least some of the devaluation of currency since those prices were established.

Good luck getting players on board with that.
    Getting rid of cash shops only requires that companies calculate that they'll make more money without a cash shop than with one.  For that, you need for a lot of players to be willing to pay a lot more if the game has no cash shop than if it does have one.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited June 2021
    Demo going on now on steam btw...and well it's definitely not p2w....but you can spend money to look cool.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DaisyflowerDaisyflower Newbie CommonPosts: 10
    i would had tried it if it was f2p .but with b2p ,i dont want to take risk with my money . already have been burned with bad games so much in the past . plus there is no gurantee that gameforge will not become greedy in future .