Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How big is MMORPG inventory in 2021 ?

2»

Comments

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    edited May 2021
    iixviiiix said:
    Anyone can tell me how big nowadays (2021) MMORPG inventory was ?
    cause limited inventory is one of the main reasons that i quit an MMORPG , cause i don't even have spots to keep my trash > no more playing
    specially when the trashes are bind so i can't even able to move them to other character to keep them.

they are normally 100 to 300 slot to keep the items , i wonder when will it become 10.000

Well, at the moment in ESO my shared bank has 240 slots and each character has 200 slots. I could increase these with in game currency but it is adequate generally. I also have two shared chests in one of my houses with 30 slots each for extremely rare items.

However, I am also a subscriber. Due to that I have unlimited crafting material storage,  which will have hundreds if not thousands of slots filled with materials that would have otherwise laid havoc to the storage listed above.
    AlBQuirkyYashaXTuor7
    YashaX said:
    Mendel said:
    YashaX said:
    ESO has an infinite inventory for crafting materials, which is pretty good.

But only if you subscribe or purchase that.

I don't think you can purchase it, it is a perk for subscribers.

You are correct. It is for subscribers only.
    AlBQuirky
    Mendel said:
    tzervo said:
    Mendel said:
    YashaX said:

But only if you subscribe or purchase that.
    Nothing wrong with that. You think of the game as a box+sub game (like WoW) with the extra option of playing without sub, instead of the other way around, and decide whether that price is worth it for you. :)

No.  Nothing wrong.  But that *is* a feature behind some form of paywall.  Lack of paying for that feature really cripples the game, annoyingly so, making it less likely for me to consider subscribing.

If you wish to actively craft, not having the unlimited material storage would be a bother. If all you want to do is raise Alchemy to get the potion duration passive, not so much.

One must also consider if subscribing is worth it simply for DLC access even with no intent to craft, of it would be better to buy DLC access piecemeal and not bother with subscribing at all. However, if one wishes to craft, subscription is the better choice.
    AlBQuirkyTuor7
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    YashaX said:
    Got to give credit to GW2 for doing that first. It's those bloody crafting mats that take up most of the space in all MMOs.

ESO also complicated things by going hog wild with literally hundreds of 5-piece item set drops. I mean... they're a good thing since they give you buckets of gearing options but anyone who is even slightly a hoarder will want to keep them all just in case you find a use for a particular set later on.

Luckily last year they realized what a storage nightmare that created and they added a way to make all of those world drop sets collectible so they become craftable (in a way) once you have collected it once.

And @tzervo is looking at it the right way. ESO is a sub game with a non-sub option not the other way around.
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirkyTuor7
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

And @tzervo is looking at it the right way. ESO is a sub game with a non-sub option not the other way around.

ESO is a buy to play game.

You must purchase the base game to play, which you can do to your heart's content for no additional cost whatsoever. You must also purchase access to any Chapter you want to play through.

Beyond that, DLCs can be accessed in two ways, either subscription for all for the duration, or piecemeal purchase for unlimited access. Both options have their benefits.

Subscription is the incontestably superior choice only for those that wish to craft heavily, as it alone offers unlimited crafting storage.
    AlBQuirkyTuor7
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Iselin said:
    YashaX said:
    Got to give credit to GW2 for doing that first. It's those bloody crafting mats that take up most of the space in all MMOs.

Unfortunately GW2 doesn't have an unlimited inventory for crafting materials, although it is a lot larger than anything I played before that game came out. 
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    tzervo said:
    YashaX said:
    Unfortunately GW2 doesn't have an unlimited inventory for crafting materials, although it is a lot larger than anything I played before that game came out. 
    What it also offers is lots of conveniences for managing inventory and bank space (buttons to submit crafting materials, buttons for easy salvaging, wallet, wardrobe system for skins/minis/toys etc). While this does not remove completely the "fill bag, sort bag" tedium it reduces it a lot.
    Yeah, it was like a beautiful breath of fresh air at first, and then they started to pile on the Russian doll-like lootboxes (one box nested inside another, nested inside another, etc) and suddenly all my inventory space dissappeared. 

Oh that reminds me, another good thing about GW2 related to inventory was the ability to sell things straight from the inventory menu. It's a really slick well put togther game, I would probably still be playing it if the WvW clicked for me.
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky