Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elyon Closed Beta Test Stumbles Out Of The Gate, Beta Will Be Extended 'Accordingly' Per Developers

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageElyon Closed Beta Test Stumbles Out Of The Gate, Beta Will Be Extended 'Accordingly' Per Developers | MMORPG.com

Look, it's no secret that betas don't always start the best. Issues typically abound when cramming thousands of eager players into a new game right away. Elyon's beta test, which kicked off this morning, has been no different.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    NA is broke, I just went to play on EU.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    No matter how many times a launch happens, whether it be beta or live, companies just can't seem to get it right.

Does no one do any lessons learned? Is there no best practices? Are people just too cheap to buy adequate bandwidth? I really don't get it and I honestly think it is unacceptable, no matter what stage a company is testing.

With that said, I did manage to log in for a solid 2 hours before I got bored. This is a Tera clone. Nothing more, nothing less. If you liked Tera, you might enjoy this.

I personally was hoping for more so I won't be touching this piece of hot garbage again.
    Cheecher2Lucix
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Yet another game where you can't rebind the infamous 'F' key. I just don't get it.
    Lucix
    edited May 2021

Blackboa said:

No matter how many times a launch happens, whether it be beta or live, companies just can't seem to get it right.

Does no one do any lessons learned? Is there no best practices? Are people just too cheap to buy adequate bandwidth? I really don't get it and I honestly think it is unacceptable, no matter what stage a company is testing.

With that said, I did manage to log in for a solid 2 hours before I got bored. This is a Tera clone. Nothing more, nothing less. If you liked Tera, you might enjoy this.

I personally was hoping for more so I won't be touching this piece of hot garbage again.

Funny you said that. A few people on discord were all "goodbye Tera, hello Elyon". I guess they are happy. It's not a terrible game, and one of the better Korean MMOs, just not excellent in any way.
    YashaXLucix
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    I can't even install the launcher.
    Lucix
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    edited May 2021
    Viper482 said:
    Installing the newest C++ redistributables (x64 and 86) fixed the problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElyonOnline/comments/n5op4h/launcher_just_doesnt_open/

mcrippinsmeerclar
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

Tiller said:

Viper482 said:

Installing the newest C++ redistributables (x64 and 86) fixed the problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElyonOnline/comments/n5op4h/launcher_just_doesnt_open/

This helped, thanks!
  • AndrewGoatAndrewGoat Member UncommonPosts: 160
    What a truly shocking turn of events.
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Didnt get any key.. to bad
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I watched a bit of this from a few streamer perspectives.
    It seems the only gimmick this game has that appears to inrigue msot players is the skill system with the nice touch of adding in a window that shows how th skill works.I have seen that idea used before but it is still a nice touch.
    What turned me off and happens in a LOT of games is just dotting down npc's any old place for you to click on them.
    In 2020 moving forward i want to see a MUCH better effort with npc's,i am tired of seeing stationary trigger targets for quests or as a trainer.They should move about and NOT be in the same place 24/7,they should mildly somewhat appear to have a life of their own and not just stationary targets to click.

Game design almost always seems rushed,get down the basics and call it a mmorpg.I need to see quality,i want to see the developer cares about their product and not just a game whipped together to make money.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2021

Wizardry said:

I watched a bit of this from a few streamer perspectives.

It seems the only gimmick this game has that appears to inrigue msot players is the skill system with the nice touch of adding in a window that shows how th skill works.I have seen that idea used before but it is still a nice touch.

What turned me off and happens in a LOT of games is just dotting down npc's any old place for you to click on them.

In 2020 moving forward i want to see a MUCH better effort with npc's,i am tired of seeing stationary trigger targets for quests or as a trainer.They should move about and NOT be in the same place 24/7,they should mildly somewhat appear to have a life of their own and not just stationary targets to click.

Game design almost always seems rushed,get down the basics and call it a mmorpg.I need to see quality,i want to see the developer cares about their product and not just a game whipped together to make money.

I get where you're going with that. It does make the game feel more 'lived in' when shops and stuff at least have 'business hours' like FFXI. Want that item? Either wait/buy it on AH/or farm it. But today's player seems to think stuff like that is just 'padding' and 'adds nothing to the game.'
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    i played it a solid 10 hours straight!
    long time this didn't happened..

so...
    ok, there's a lot of F and auto path, that right...
    so i adventured out of the road and... surprise! i found some little mini game very funny (white cat, turtle race etc), i used to fish for alchemy and meet some strange monster (someone made me run away very fast).

for the story, as a beta, i skipped all

pvp? if you dont skip some side mission, you'll encounter some ppl from the other faction trying to grind the same mob as you and... let go pvp!

my first combat was good, 2 vs 3, really enjoyable and not so fast as BDO per exemple.

skill? there's a lot of combinaison to be "sort of unique" but i'm sure meta will burn the honey moon.

reward and enhancement are like BDO. (for the part i see, rng involved.

now, what part of casshop will ruin all this little universe?

so, for me, it's a sensation of "deja vu" but it works!

i'm just lvl 32 now, taking my time

chat is surprisly friendly (there's no block as i see or i miss it)

would i return in: YES!

and for tera ppl, you surely have some memory issue (not the PC, the brain), it's really different!

a little + for the music, there's some nice moment!

hint: rush the 20 first lvl, read carefully about enhance and gems!
    YashaXCuddleheart
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

hyllyh said:

i played it a solid 10 hours straight!

long time this didn't happened..

so...

ok, there's a lot of F and auto path, that right...

so i adventured out of the road and... surprise! i found some little mini game very funny (white cat, turtle race etc), i used to fish for alchemy and meet some strange monster (someone made me run away very fast).

for the story, as a beta, i skipped all

pvp? if you dont skip some side mission, you'll encounter some ppl from the other faction trying to grind the same mob as you and... let go pvp!

my first combat was good, 2 vs 3, really enjoyable and not so fast as BDO per exemple.

skill? there's a lot of combinaison to be "sort of unique" but i'm sure meta will burn the honey moon.

reward and enhancement are like BDO. (for the part i see, rng involved.

now, what part of casshop will ruin all this little universe?

so, for me, it's a sensation of "deja vu" but it works!

i'm just lvl 32 now, taking my time

chat is surprisly friendly (there's no block as i see or i miss it)

would i return in: YES!

and for tera ppl, you surely have some memory issue (not the PC, the brain), it's really different!

a little + for the music, there's some nice moment!

hint: rush the 20 first lvl, read carefully about enhance and gems!

Ah pvp is forced and not toggle?
    j0shst3r