Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Classic Releasing June 1, Pre-Patch May 18 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageWorld of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Classic Releasing June 1, Pre-Patch May 18 | MMORPG.com

Blizzard has just announced the release date for World of Warcraft's long-anticipated Burning Crusade Classic. Mark down June 1 on your calendars.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2021
    Well I'm genuinely happy for that wanting this and I'll probably jump in to get a couple of blood elves to cap, just hopefully streamers dont completely ruin the experience.
    FTrunks21
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Albatroes said:

Well I'm genuinely happy for that wanting this and I'll probably jump in to get a couple of blood elves to cap, just hopefully streamers dont completely ruin the experience.

How exactly streamers can ruin your ..or the experience ?!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    IceAge said:

Albatroes said:

How exactly streamers can ruin your ..or the experience ?!

You dont remember how a lot servers ended up dead a month-ish into classic because streamers were getting bored and leaving?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    So what happens to the people that only want vanilla. Will they have to get the TBC expansion or can they stay on the vanilla server?

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    kitarad said:
    So what happens to the people that only want vanilla. Will they have to get the TBC expansion or can they stay on the vanilla server?
    They can stay. The way they're doing it each classic is it's own thing and you can choose to move each individual character to the next xpac or not.
    kitarad
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NastimusNastimus Member UncommonPosts: 13

kitarad said:

Blizzard is implementing a few options. You can choose to keep your character on the classic vanilla servers or move it to BC Classic. Or you can copy your character to both. The copy service costs $35.
  • MickyknoxMickyknox Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Lol how the tables have turned. I remember back in the day when other game companys tryed to get there games out before Blizzard released there now it looks like there trying to push this out before Elder scrolls online brings out there the new expansion on june 11. I can see a 6 month sub mount on the way also before FF14 brings out the big guns this fall.
  • fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
    I was kind of tempted to jump in, but I would want to use the boost and it costs $40...  :/ Not worth it for me.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    finefluff said:
    I was kind of tempted to jump in, but I would want to use the boost and it costs $40...  :/ Not worth it for me.
    Can you not start at level 1?

This whole "need to spend $40 for a boost" things sounds like a modern first world "problem" to me.

Back in the day when BC was new, if you hadn't played WOW before and had no level 60 characters you would just start at level 1 and go from there.

It seems to me that if you really want the Classic experience, that's what you'd do. Level 60 boosts ain't classic. That's using a modern crutch that was invented many xpacs later.
    DarkpigeonSensai
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
    Iselin said:
    finefluff said:

This whole "need to spend $40 for a boost" things sounds like a modern first world "problem" to me.

Back in the day when BC was new, if you hadn't played WOW before and had no level 60 characters you would just start at level 1 and go from there.

It seems to me that if you really want the Classic experience, that's what you'd do. Level 60 boosts ain't classic. That's using a modern crutch that was invented many xpacs later.
    I could, but I'm not that interested in leveling through classic zones right now. I do feel a bit nostalgic for TBC zones though and was thinking of leveling through them with the influx of players. It's a little off putting to have to play for days of in game time just to get to the leveling content I actually want to play. I level 30 back in the day when TBC came out, so I already had the experience of leveling up while it was out. 
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Iselin said:

finefluff said:

You should see the people complaining on the forums. There are two main complaints. Group A is complaining that this isn't enough notice for them to take off from work for launch day. Group B is complaining that they only get 2 weeks to level the new races. Group B is amusing to me because they don't seem to actually want a "classic" experience since the new races launched same day as TBC in "classic."
  • xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199

kitarad said:

If you have a level 60 you get to choose. Go through the dark portal and transfer your account to the Burning Crusade or stay in classic vanilla WoW. Not 100% sure but once you choose you can't change. so if you choose to stay Vanilla, then you can't later decide to go to BC.

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

• NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,139
    At what point do they stop calling it Classic and just call it a 2nd live service? When they release WoTLK? Mists?
    Talraekk

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    My husband loved the bloodelves. He had a warlock. I must tell him about this he might play even.
    Chamber of Chains
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    So Shadowlands 9.1 in August, got it!
    Horusra
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Awesome. Can't wait. BC is some of the best mmorpg playing ever.
    [Deleted User]