Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Saga of Pantheon's Development Thus Far

BazgrimTVBazgrimTV Member UncommonPosts: 32

Hey all, 

I recently made a video which chronicles Pantheon's development process from day 1 until now. It's obviously been a long and sometimes confusing process., but I think now is a good time to zoom out and really take a look at the entire history - in hopes that we can collectively clear some things up: https://youtu.be/XVaSNE0zHjQ 

I understand that many people prefer reading over watching a video, so I also wanted to provide you all with a text-only version, which you can find in this google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PqhBekQxtG-g9oVHnWnicCgx7rl360M6YEcGZ2f44kI/edit?usp=sharing

On the last page of the doc, I included all the sources that I referenced in the making of this script, if you'd like to do some more digging on your own. I'm working on more ways to get information easily in the hands of the people who want it, but I figured this would be a good place to start.

If you’ve been following the game for a while, you may be able to think of some details, both good and bad, that I didn’t include in this summary. But for the sake of being concise, I decided to stick to the main events that have shaped the overall development path of Pantheon. I hope you learn something from it, and I hope that will allow for more productive conversation moving forward.

Baz

GdemamiKumapontzervoNanfoodleUngoodShaigh

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,727
    Your doing great @BazgrimTV, love your channel too along with Nathans. 

But many are loosing the mojo at least for now.  I think most would agree will get a game someday, but for now words and a few videos are not cutting it.

My opinion,
    What would work is a real game video, complete with a starting dialog log in screen, picking characters, cities and real players (lots of them) not just "loyal fans" logged into a program file.

In other words substance !

It's not just Pantheon Rise of the fallen.  The entire mmorpg industry is at a low, with a lot of false hopes and flops.... Visionary Realms would need to rise above the rest. Until then nothing else would work.

Kyleran
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,099
    Good read on the development and when you read about it you realize why its taking so long, first the failed kickstarter, then losing most of the staff, then realizing they had to revamp everything and then the passing of Brad Mcquaid.

With so many stumbles its fascinating that they are still going but sadly its also taking them far too long to get this one completed and the momentum they once had has long faded.

Still hoping for the best.
    SovrathUngood
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.