Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So much for the promised "Inside Chronicles of Elyria" video update

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
He promised:  In our next Inside Chronicles of Elyria video we’ll be taking a look at hunting and the latter half of gathering, which will conclude our Milestone 1 coverage.

Instead he posted a tiny 5 minute video of him answering basic questions and talking about 2015/2016.

Is anyone really shocked that he had nothing new to show?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Gdemami[Deleted User]

Comments

• BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567

Yeah - Zultra.

Slapshot1188maskedweaselIselinKyleranSandmanjwMightyUnclean[Deleted User]
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    edited April 2021
    Kira posts his "Lies of Elyria" response:

Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    GdemamiBrotherMaynard

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Yeah - Zultra.

Over on the sub reddit he's actually pretty pleased with the video.

Slapshot1188[Deleted User]BrotherMaynard

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Four years in after 8 million dollars they didn't even have something that people could log into.

What a hack.
    Gdemami

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Nilden said:
    Four years in after 8 million dollars they didn't even have something that people could log into.

What a hack.
    Yeah but that was:
    Prelude to Elyria
    Elyria Mud
    Vox Elyria
    Pre Elyria 

This is Kingdoms of Elyria!!

In all seriousness though, why is nobody asking Caspien why he isn’t simply continuing with the items that were underway/oh so close/Just being polished?  Like the whole Settlement thing, that horrific dungeon trial thing, or his playable version .51 or whatever bullshit he was pushing back in 2019?  

Does he really expect people to buy his Early Access Kingdoms Game?  And he is re-branding it Early Access in what appears to be a blatant attempt to try and cash in on the Early Access name.   Does he think nobody will notice and allow a quick cash-grab?

Gdemami

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Nilden said:

What a hack.
    Yeah but that was:
    Prelude to Elyria
    Elyria Mud
    Vox Elyria
    Pre Elyria 

This is Kingdoms of Elyria!!

In all seriousness though, why is nobody asking Caspien why he isn’t simply continuing with the items that were underway/oh so close/Just being polished?  Like the whole Settlement thing, that horrific dungeon trial thing, or his playable version .51 or whatever bullshit he was pushing back in 2019?  

Does he really expect people to buy his Early Access Kingdoms Game?  And he is re-branding it Early Access in what appears to be a blatant attempt to try and cash in on the Early Access name.   Does he think nobody will notice and allow a quick cash-grab?

As to why nobody is asking him anything, I don't think there are any public channels of communication open to him.  According to what I heard in that Kira video, I guess there's some sort of developer e-mail you can try, but that's it.  He's shut down all other forms of feedback and communication.
    KyleranGdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited May 2021
    Someone (not I) figured out how to troll over on the sub reddit using the award system.

Zul received the coveted "Burns Money" award.

Awesome.

[Deleted User]BrotherMaynardSlapshot1188

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    He's probably doing all this to qualify for another PPP loan.
    Gdemami
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Someone needs to ask him that if he has literally nothing to play after 5+ years,how long does that forecast until the actual game is finished.
    Also WHY is he focusing all his talk/speeches on KOE if this is just a system that is part of COE.
    So then he goes on to say that KOE was never intended to be a separate game but is now lol.

Even the low budget small Indie teams can make a survival game in 2-3 years,this guy couldn't make a pancake if the batter was prepared for him.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2021
    Oh and i love the part about "why are the comments turned off" and he dodges around the question with "we don't have the team to be able to respond to several social platforms.
    Well the question didn't ask why he wasn't responding ,it asked why are the comments turned off lol.

Why it is even more laughable of an excuse is because he claims he reads EVERY email.He doesn't say i can only read some of them because we have a small team and i don't have time,i read ALL OF THEM.
    BrotherMaynard

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    Wizardry said:
    Oh and i love the part about "why are the comments turned off" and he dodges around the question with "we don't have the team to be able to respond to several social platforms.
    Well the question didn't ask why he wasn't responding ,it asked why are the comments turned off lol.

Why it is even more laughable of an excuse is because he claims he reads EVERY email.He doesn't say i can only read some of them because we have a small team and i don't have time,i read ALL OF THEM.

I'm not buying it either. Look at DreamWorld - the best and most expansive game in history of the multiverse, developed in 8 months with 0.111% (repeating, of course) of CoE's budget by two and a half superstar developers, who also manage to spend hours daily in Discord and forum, answering thousands of questions... If they can do it, Walsh can do it.

Gdemami