Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox Cloud Gaming Beta Preview: A Force to be Reckoned With - When It's Ready | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageXbox Cloud Gaming Beta Preview: A Force to be Reckoned With - When It's Ready | MMORPG.com

Microsoft isn't aiming to be "just another" cloud service. Xbox Cloud Gaming is aiming for the top, but does it have what it takes to get there?

Read the full story here

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    If they hammer out the bugs I could see myself using this service a lot.
    [Deleted User]

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited April 2021
    My concern is that this will take of because players love cheap and are prepared to put up with second best if it is cheaper. Do we want gaming to become a rental agreement between players and gaming companies? Finally every few years internet usage is looked at and it is suggested that certain forms of usage are prioritised, cloud gaming will massively increase the bandwith gaming is using and I really don't see governments regarding it as a priority.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Cloud Gaming is the future, especially for MASSIVE Multiplayer Online Games if you want hundreds of players on the same screen with little to no lag.

Everyone and his mother will be using such service, if a good ( not even great ), game will release on a Cloud Platform.
    WalkinGlenn

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535

Scot said:

My concern is that this will take of because players love cheap and are prepared to put up with second best if it is cheaper. Do we want gaming to become a rental agreement between players and gaming companies? Finally every few years internet usage is looked at and it is suggested that certain forms of usage are prioritised, cloud gaming will massively increase the bandwith gaming is using and I really don't see governments regarding it as a priority.

It's already a rental agreement between the player and the developer. Every time you purchase a digital edition of a game, you don't actually *own* it - you simply have a license to play it which can be revoked at any time.

We shouldn't fudge the lines, this type of nonsense already exists.
    Scot
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    No thanks, I prefer something physical. These companies have such a massive hard-on for making this happen so they can have total control of the product long after purchase.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited May 2021

Scot said:

It's already a rental agreement between the player and the developer. Every time you purchase a digital edition of a game, you don't actually *own* it - you simply have a license to play it which can be revoked at any time.

We shouldn't fudge the lines, this type of nonsense already exists.
    Yes, this just reinforces the worse aspects of the "rental" part of playing games.