Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elyon Closed Beta Test Code Giveaway! | MMORPG.com

2

Comments

  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 9,206
    Looks like a bunch of throwaway accounts took most the keys lol
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
     
  • dezy1dezy1 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited April 28
    anyone

    Kensio said:








    Kensio said:



    You are outside of our Elyon Territory of Service.







    any idea why I get this when I enter my code?









    IP block you can check the countrys here: https://elyon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000311225-Supported-Countries






    thnx mate, apparently im not supported... fuckers



    .
  • NesseloNesselo Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Is it still possible to have a key, please?
    Thank you for your answer and for this giveaway!
  • Cheecher2Cheecher2 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    bots come and go
    IceAge
  • kRazedmmorpgkRazedmmorpg Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    if anyone has a key they cant use please pm me!
  • huesoamzhuesoamz Member UncommonPosts: 1
    wow out of keys so quickly!, please if any have more than one, send me a pm
  • Metamora77Metamora77 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Crap I missed it:(
  • TakavorGamingTakavorGaming Member UncommonPosts: 10
    How many keys were there that they just disappeared so quickly....some people are prolly using multiple accounts to get keys should be per IP and not account.

    image

  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 259
    How many keys were there that they just disappeared so quickly....some people are prolly using multiple accounts to get keys should be per IP and not account.
    Keys are Per IP and not account. There was just a lot of interest. 2000 keys go quickly when the game is anticipated!
    IceAge
  • TakavorGamingTakavorGaming Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Damn missed the keys :( hope there will be more! They should have a patreon that lets you pay to get exclusive stuff like beta keys the way IGN Prime was.

    image

  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 7,823
    lotrlore said:
    How many keys were there that they just disappeared so quickly....some people are prolly using multiple accounts to get keys should be per IP and not account.
    Keys are Per IP and not account. There was just a lot of interest. 2000 keys go quickly when the game is anticipated!

    you should be smart enough to not let accts with 1 post get keys , you are shitting on whats left of your small community ..
    AlbatroesTokkenIceAgeMustikossschrupp
  • TakavorGamingTakavorGaming Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I think it should be based on ranking and not posts. I been a member since 2005 and I really dont post on here :expressionless:
    Mustikos

    image

  • kRazedmmorpgkRazedmmorpg Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    if anyone can't redeem their key would you please let me have it? tyty just send me PM
  • AlteiirAlteiir Member UncommonPosts: 31

    Scorchien said:

    LMFAO , every one to a 1 post person .. MMORPG get your act together , why bother having these things if your actual community is not included ..



    While maybe it would be nice to give or reserve keys for community members - this is part of how you build a community. If they have 100 keys and 60 of them are from new accounts. The marketing goal would be to retain a couple of those people as return visitors.
    maskedweaseltzervoIceAgeMustikos
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 349
    Thanks a lot, MMORPG for this!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 7,823
    Alteiir said:

    Scorchien said:

    LMFAO , every one to a 1 post person .. MMORPG get your act together , why bother having these things if your actual community is not included ..



    While maybe it would be nice to give or reserve keys for community members - this is part of how you build a community. If they have 100 keys and 60 of them are from new accounts. The marketing goal would be to retain a couple of those people as return visitors.

    you would have to be pretty naive to believe that , that each giveaway is hijacked by 1 post accts .... And that any of them will return , these accts are made for the sole purpose of getting Keys .. And then thrown away .. Why do you think it has 1 post ..

      Some by members here ( which is against the rules) But i doubt MMORPG has the intelligence or drive to figure that out ..


    IceAge
  • AlteiirAlteiir Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Scorchien said:
    Alteiir said:

    Scorchien said:

    LMFAO , every one to a 1 post person .. MMORPG get your act together , why bother having these things if your actual community is not included ..



    While maybe it would be nice to give or reserve keys for community members - this is part of how you build a community. If they have 100 keys and 60 of them are from new accounts. The marketing goal would be to retain a couple of those people as return visitors.

    you would have to be pretty naive to believe that , that each giveaway is hijacked by 1 post accts .... And that any of them will return , these accts are made for the sole purpose of getting Keys .. And then thrown away .. Why do you think it has 1 post ..

      Some by members here ( which is against the rules) But i doubt MMORPG has the intelligence or drive to figure that out ..


    Well, think about it this way. How many times have you seen or applied to another giveaway on a different twitter, gleam, or website like Intel giveaways? You have to sign up at some point and sometimes it just happens to be your first time signing up for those particular sites/services.

    While I can't look at the backend metrics for conversion rates to figure out the potential botting issue. It's literally part of my everyday profession to look at analytics and figure out better conversion rate tactics to get members to buy your product or service. Posting freebies is a proven successful strategy, however, it does often enough lure in unloyal followers if you're not able to get them to look around at other aspects of your website.

    Anyway, I also wasn't able to get a key in time =[
    tzervo
  • snhatsnhat Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    where is my key ?
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 9,206
    snhat said:
    where is my key ?


    Big.Daddy.SamedivelimiriusTokkenIceAge
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
     
  • AazrenAazren Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    damn, i'm late. i want to try this game, can anybody have spare key or if you can't use the key. i would be happy if you could give me some key.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,596
    Scorchien said:
    Alteiir said:

    Scorchien said:

    LMFAO , every one to a 1 post person .. MMORPG get your act together , why bother having these things if your actual community is not included ..



    While maybe it would be nice to give or reserve keys for community members - this is part of how you build a community. If they have 100 keys and 60 of them are from new accounts. The marketing goal would be to retain a couple of those people as return visitors.

    you would have to be pretty naive to believe that , that each giveaway is hijacked by 1 post accts .... And that any of them will return , these accts are made for the sole purpose of getting Keys .. And then thrown away .. Why do you think it has 1 post ..

      Some by members here ( which is against the rules) But i doubt MMORPG has the intelligence or drive to figure that out ..



    Well you're arguing with an account that hasn't even broken 100 posts, so I wouldn't waste my time. The real problem is that the quality of the site has gone down significantly since the change in ownership so garbage like this isn't really a surprise. I mean, they treat CoE/KoE as a real project for crying out.
  • jakovokahjakovokah Member UncommonPosts: 2
    That's why on 3rd sites some people sell 50 keys.. 30 keys...          Instead of locking the giveaway behind reputation or reg date.. Here, why now. Open an account and take 
    BrotherMaynard
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 257
    jakovokah said:
    That's why on 3rd sites some people sell 50 keys.. 30 keys...          Instead of locking the giveaway behind reputation or reg date.. Here, why now. Open an account and take 

    Yup, pretty much this. The keys were gone within minutes, most of them taken by one-post accounts (or zero-post, since they don't have to post anything). I got a key, so thanks for that - but it was just a matter of luck. I randomly opened the site and saw the brand new article - there were more than 700 keys left; by the time I activated the code, there were 5 keys left.

    How difficult is it to spoof IP addresses? Even doing it manually you could probably snatch a few keys within those couple of minutes, let alone using a bot. How many regular mmorpg.com posters did not even have a chance, because they missed the 5-minute window?

    And then key reselling sites that get like one update per week are flooded with Elyon keys for sale. Like the one below - do you think the guy selling 15 CBT keys $50 each got them via regular means? Instead of abusing systems like this one on mmorpg.com?



    tzervoIceAgeMustikosAazren
  • ricsi046ricsi046 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    if you can't use your key, I would accept it, [email protected]
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,292
    Too l8 to the party  :'(


Sign In or Register to comment.