Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall Receives HungerDome in the Carnage Update | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageCrowfall Receives HungerDome in the Carnage Update | MMORPG.com

Beta 6.520 for Crowfall is now live. Dubbed Carnage, the update gives you access to another world, called the HungerDome which is the home of the Throne War arena. Here are the details.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Tested it.

Absolutely not a fan of the Battle Arena focus conversion. All these resources should have been spent improving the main game.
    BarabmcrippinsHatefullScotAlomar

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Tested it.

Absolutely not a fan of the Battle Arena focus conversion. All these resources should have been spent improving the main game.

could not agree more.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 189
    This game has really sunk already. The implementation of the design just doesn't work. They're limping along without even having released yet, and when that comes I think a lot of Devs will abandon the project.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    What pulled my interest from the game was when they started selling the engine before the game even went into beta. Feels like they're just putting something out now just to say they did and milk as much as they can before they give up.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    It's funny how many of these projects won our hearts with niche ideas and all that oldschool true mmorpg crap, then went mainstream and been wondering how did we lose our original fanbase and couldn't even get regulars to like our game. Reason being is you cannot compete with the big companies doing mainstream, they ARE the mainstream! 
    [Deleted User]ScotAlomar
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited April 2021
    I can only talk of issues that arose from other MMOs I have seen before as I don't really follow games in development. But we have had many examples before of the stress on types of gameplay that different forms of PvP in the same game can cause.

It is an age old story, if the rewards for Hungerdome are seen as better than other forms of PvP then no one will be doing the other forms of PvP and visa versa. The solution to this is to separate out the rewards between different types of PvP. That way players will want to take part in all forms of PvP gameplay. But this lesson has never been learnt (unless you know a MMO that does this?) so I will be pleasantly surprised if that's what CF are doing.
  • AcalexAcalex Member UncommonPosts: 72

Albatroes said:

What pulled my interest from the game was when they started selling the engine before the game even went into beta. Feels like they're just putting something out now just to say they did and milk as much as they can before they give up.

I backed this game years ago based on their original premises of having campaigns, each with their own goals and being procedurally generated so it's not the same map over and over again.

Back then, the game played like crap. Needed a lot of work.

Problem is, they never worked on that aspect, so the game still plays like crap.

I've made my backer's mistake and I'll probably never do it again.
    YashaX
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Acalex said:

Albatroes said:

I backed this game years ago based on their original premises of having campaigns, each with their own goals and being procedurally generated so it's not the same map over and over again.

Back then, the game played like crap. Needed a lot of work.

Problem is, they never worked on that aspect, so the game still plays like crap.

I've made my backer's mistake and I'll probably never do it again.

They tried but the problem is Unity which isn't intended for the type of game they promised to deliver to backers. My guess is if they ever finish the main part of the game the customization will be nerfed to be similar/close to a moba.

The desire to get started playing the main game without anymore wipes died for me a while ago so at this point if this is the only thing they're able to make then I'm fine with it.