Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW's Burning Crusade Classic And 9.1 Chains Of Domination

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageWoW's Burning Crusade Classic And 9.1 Chains Of Domination

World of Warcraft's Game Director Ion Hazzikostas talked about the release timing for its upcoming Burning Crusade Classic and Shadowlands' Chains of Domination in a recent interview, giving a glimpse into the release timing for the two major WoW releases this year.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    Was there anyone who thought they would release simultaneously? I mean, what would be the point of that?

They'll release 9.1 first to bump up their sub numbers a bit and then a few months later when the subs start tanking again they'll release TBC. My guess: 9.1 in July, TBC in October.

The whole point of this game is to keep players subscribed as long as possible, so why would they play both cards at the same time?!

TablixScotxpsync
  • exdeedeedeeexdeedeedee Member UncommonPosts: 11

Was there anyone who thought they would release simultaneously? I mean, what would be the point of that?

They'll release 9.1 first to bump up their sub numbers a bit and then a few months later when the subs start tanking again they'll release TBC. My guess: 9.1 in July, TBC in October.

The whole point of this game is to keep players subscribed as long as possible, so why would they play both cards at the same time?!

I highly doubt that they'll hold on to TBC until October. The beta has been out for a while now, and they've already completed raid testing for all of the launch content.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

I highly doubt that they'll hold on to TBC until October. The beta has been out for a while now, and they've already completed raid testing for all of the launch content.

A fair point, but decisions in gaming development and release are made by the marketing and finance departments these days.
    xpsync
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

I thought BC was launching soon? then they would wait a couple months to launch 9.1.

But now i'm leaning to the reverse as you mention.

I think BC is probably ready, but the interest level is not near classic levels and people just want more Shadowlands. They probably are dumping as much resource on Shadowlands as possible and BC on the back burner.

Wrath will be bigger if not even bigger than classic.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

Scot said:

A fair point, but decisions in gaming development and release are made by the marketing and finance departments these days.

You would truly enjoy this podcast with Shawn Carnes, the inside scope on shit he's spilling is riveting and surprising at times, and maybe not so surprising but to hear it for realz.

Such a good listen.

https://countdowntoclassic.libsyn.com/ctc-20-the-hangover

No i'm not going to even touch bcc, too into raiding, but the interviews Josh gets on are, well it's just a damn good podcast and not so light and airy like so many are like The Instance i think it was called or still is, with that popular guy who doesn't even play the f'ing game lmao well whattever his name was, it's all fluff, forgettable, these countdown casts are memorable.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L