Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Third Expansion is End of Dragons, Reveal Live Stream Set for July 27 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2 Third Expansion is End of Dragons, Reveal Live Stream Set for July 27 | MMORPG.com

End of Dragons is the third expansion for Guild Wars 2. And while we don't have much information on the expansion right now, we do have a Save the Date for July 27 for a reveal live stream. Oh, we also have a Summer Roadmap for the rest of the game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ElonMuskElonMusk Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Jesus, people are still playing that dead fest? The poor bastards....
    HarikenAlexander.B
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205
    Reveal on my birthday? Well that's gunna be neat. I really hope this next expansion is done well. Most of us Guild Wars players have been requesting and waiting for Cantha to be reintroduced to the story, so if they ruin it.. that's gunna suck.
    TokkenAeander
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    edited April 2021

ElonMusk said:

They sure are. Keep beatin' that dead horse, maybe you'll get another gasp out of it. Stay original, friend!
    GreatswordmomintimHariken[Deleted User]kitaradMustikos
  • GreatswordGreatsword Member RarePosts: 355

ElonMusk said:

They sure are. Keep beatin' that dead horse, maybe you'll get another gasp out of it.

Stay original, friend!

Some people think "if I no longer play a game it must be dead".
    They'd be surprised how often they are wrong and that the worlds keeps spinning without them and their worthless opinions.
    momintim[Deleted User]rojoArcueidalin1209Ungood
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    Saying gw2 is dead even though it's been consistently on top 10 lists for MMOs since release is just a dead meme joke. If your going to put it down, at least make it funny.
    momintimrojoArcueidAeanderTokkenalin1209kitarad[Deleted User]Mustikos

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    edited April 2021

ElonMusk said:

They were going to release it on steam but got so many negative opinions about the game so they ran away. The game is not pulling any new players. The free base game is the most played. Word is out that the expansions kind of suck and balance is really bad. A trash mob can have amazing health and just kill you easy in the expansions.
    UngoodMustikos
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Hariken said:

ElonMusk said:

They were going to release it on steam but got so many negative opinions about the game so they ran away. The game is not pulling any new players. The free base game is the most played. Word is out that the expansions kind of suck and balance is really bad. A trash mob can have amazing health and just kill you easy in the expansions.
    That hasn't been my experience with the expansions at all. I don't really doubt that the free version base game is the most played, I would bet that's the case on most games with a free trial. 

But that being said, the game is still very populated, but it feels dated now.  

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

ElonMusk said:

They sure are. Keep beatin' that dead horse, maybe you'll get another gasp out of it. Stay original, friend!

That dood is obviously an imposter, that's really the Bizzaro Elon Musk, a.k.a. Pelon Nusk.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205

Hariken said:

ElonMusk said:

You probably didn't read why people were upset. It wasn't the game releasing on steam itself. It was one of two things. 1) Original players weren't allowed to use the steam client as they have no way to link their main account to their steam account. So if you are a current player, then you're blocked from using the steam client if you wanted to. And 2) People were upset with the cheesy trailer they put up on steam with glowy weapons and what-not. That CGI trailer was just bad in general.

Overall from my experience playing the game, Guild Wars 2 manages to keep stable numbers in terms of player base. They spike during expansion and living world releases and then drop yeah, but the game is far from dead. I rarely play nowadays and when I do log in to check some stuff, there is still a very active community running around Lion's Arch.

I personally do not think Guild Wars 2 is dead. Does it need improvements? Yes. However, it is far from a bad game.
    [Deleted User]
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    I can't wait. GW Factions was my favorite game of all time and I want to return to Cantha.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    The END is nigh! lol

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    err, I mean the End of Dragons expansion is near......

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Another expansion still no engine update...
  • killerkramkillerkram Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Now's the time to get caught up or start getting your characters and account ready for the expansion. Craft bigger bags, wrap up masteries, get another legendary, get crafting mats stocked up, get achievements done. I'm seeing quite a few maps with s lot of players recently so I think people are starting to do these things
    [Deleted User]Ungood
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Now's the time to get caught up or start getting your characters and account ready for the expansion. Craft bigger bags, wrap up masteries, get another legendary, get crafting mats stocked up, get achievements done. I'm seeing quite a few maps with s lot of players recently so I think people are starting to do these things
    The only thing I'll be doing is catching up on the story. The last thing I want to do is burn out on "preparing" to have fun with the expansion again. It's too easy for me to set multiple goals and burn out as is.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Hariken said:
     The game is not pulling any new players. The free base game is the most played. Word is out that the expansions kind of suck and balance is really bad. A trash mob can have amazing health and just kill you easy in the expansions.
    The Core Game, is not only vast, it is still very much enjoyable, so, no doubt, new and old players alike occupy it.

As for the info about the Expansion, I had to check the date of this post, to make sure you were not talking about HoT.

If what you say is true, dayum, they didn't learn from the train wreck that was HoT, and all that, are going to try for another expansion to appease their hardcore base. This should be truly popcorn worthy to watch this train wreck happen.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.