Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Excited for Biomutant Next Month? THQ Nordics World Trailer Might Get You There | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110
edited April 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageExcited for Biomutant Next Month? THQ Nordics World Trailer Might Get You There | MMORPG.com

It's almost time for Biomutant to launch on PC, PlayStation and Xbox. The open-world, post-apocalyptic Kung-Fu fable RPG has been in development since 2015, and despite multiple delays pushing the title off of many RPG gamers' radar through the years, the recent confirmation of a May 25th release has cemented the game firmly on the list of unique RPG games to check out this year.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I have no idea what inspired this game or what they are tryingto do with it.

Looks part empty Apoc themed,then part carton art style then part weird gimmicks inspired from where idk.

We obviously are not seeing nearly enough but it appears to look like a hub game,empty space then a quest hub empty/hub empty/hub.We see signs of crafting but nothing shown supports that so is that just an npc animation and nothing more.
    Also looks like a single player game,no real hints to what you are supposed to do which is is why i think quest hubs.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    So after reading some more it seems at least to me that they were going to release a real half assed game then did more work on crafting and the faction idea which really doesn't take much work.
    Even still ,2 years later i can't help but wonder what game they originally planned on panning off to the consumer.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 2,818
    @Wizardry , no idea what you are trying to say.

Literally no idea!
    MensurKidRiskNecromaMcSleazHatefullmmolou[Deleted User]Roindefroststar

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 717
    Game seems cool :)

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 16,941
    No reviews as yet, but keeping my eye on this one.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,147

IceAge said:

Literally no idea!

TLDR of every post of his : Everyone is lazy! FF11 has different types of arrows!
    maskedweaselIselintzervoMcSleazAeanderQQMorePleaseHatefullIceAgeRoin
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 16,603
    edited April 2021
    Interesting and good looking combat but from what I've seen in other videos they're laying on the goofy humor a bit too thick. That gets annoying pretty quick, at least for me.

I do like THQ Nordic so I always give their games at least a long look. Took me a while to get around to playing the last Piranha Bytes game they published, ELEX, but no regrets once I actually played it.

This is made by another one of their studios, Experiment 101. Their first game I think.

NecromaScot
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NecromaNecroma Member UncommonPosts: 44

Iselin said:

Interesting and good looking combat but from what I've seen in other videos they're laying on the goofy humor a bit too thick. That gets annoying pretty quick, at least for me.

I do like THQ Nordic so I always give their games at least a long look. Took me a while to get around to playing the last Piranha Bytes game they published, ELEX, but no regrets once I actually played it.

This is made by another one of their studios, Experiment 101. Their first game I think.

3 year old video and you're expecting for anything to remain the same? what?
    Iselin
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 16,603
    Necroma said:

Iselin said:

3 year old video and you're expecting for anything to remain the same? what?
    Fine how about 55 minutes from March 26, That recent enough for you?

Looks about the same to me.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 16,941
    edited April 2021
    Iselin said:

Hmm too much humour, particularly certain kinds of humour can get very trying indeed. In The Talos Principle (highly recommended, great puzzles and story) you can change the voice over to Serious Sam. Big mistake, I had that on for 10 mins before I went back to the normal voice over. But the humour in say Mutant year Zero which is similar to this game ((because they have mutants :) )) the humour was spot on.
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 838
    IceAge said:

Literally no idea!
    We need to know more about 3 mile island and this "government representative"
    Hatefull
    .17 of a second to midnight
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 6,961
    Interesting bit of trivia from a developer interview: this game originally started development as an isometric RPG with a premade character.
    maskedweaselFoolOfATook39
  • bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 126
    looks kind of meh to me right now.. i just remember the game showing up under the PS5 store and i have never heard of it before.