Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Are You Playing During the Pandemic? April 2021 Edition | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageWhat Are You Playing During the Pandemic? April 2021 Edition | MMORPG.com

It's a pretty weird and unsettling time in this world of ours right now. With many of us hunkering down at home, things can get downright boring at times. Fortunately, if you're someone who enjoys videogames, you likely have a backlog of games to play through or even some new titles to play in the coming days and weeks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Outriders and Valheim. :)
    Asheram

Joined - July 2004

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well HS for a game or two then turns me right off with it's high rng and BS design.

Most of my time is with Valheim which also leaves me with many pet peeves but it is the best i have to choose from right now.

Make no mistake if the Atlas devs didn't screw over the PVE players i would still be playing Atlas hands down no questions asked.

There is nothing else now or incoming that looks promising so i guess it'll be Valheim for quite some time.Sad that i have to look to Indie studios for any hope of a new game i want to play,all he big business studios are selling garbage.

I had some very small hope for TNW or Brad's game but he has passed on and Amazon looks like the people running their game studios are very incompetent.

Asheram

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Persona 5 Strikers and Genshin Impact mostly.
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Still working at finishing up Blackguards.  I'm down to the final 4 battles, finally having finished my 13 trials.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Tower of time and operencia while getting ready for the 27th of may for the release of solasta!
  • GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Spending most of my time in early access titles and one old, go-to game when I need a quick break. I too will be playing Solasta upon release.

- Baldur's Gate 3
    - Mount & Blade: Bannerlord
    - Endless Space 2

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Last epoch
    Iselin

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• StarWarrior957StarWarrior957 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Elite Dangerous Odyssey Alpha - this expansion really spark the old flame in me to play ED more regulary.

The Division 2 - Season 1 Re-run - skipped it the first time, so it's great to replay it while waiting for their new content.

Stellaris Nemesis - Another spark that will be lit for awhile.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    snoocky said:
    Last epoch
    Great game. It's in my current rotation too.

Also playing Skyrim, Cyberpunk 2077 and Diablo 3 at the moment.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BatzenbaerBatzenbaer Member UncommonPosts: 76
    edited April 2021
    First two weeks it was Outriders.
    Since Friday i play League of Maidens(saw the Trailer here).
    Its only EA-Alpha but i have a lot of fun.
    The Character Creation is realy good and not only for the Breast+Butt Size.^^

• AugustusGAugustusG Member UncommonPosts: 73
    LOL mostly these days.
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818
    I play LOTRO. Vanilla WoW has been my favorite MMORPG ever, but after 25,000+ hours of Vanilla WoW, I came to terms with the reality that despite how much I love the game, I can't enjoy it one bit anymore and just - forcing myself to play it for more than 20 minutes is a huge struggle.

For the record, I don't consider any further versions of WoW interesting enough to my liking to bother with them and I've tried them all up to WoD, nothing is as good as Vanilla.

Then I thought long and hard what MMO can I use to replace Vanilla WoW with. ESO was OK, but the combat was really driving me crazy, SWTOR is just not SWG, FF14 is too weird for me and I don't like the GCW... so the only thing that remained was LOTRO - good story, well developed world, tab targeting combat. I had to live with the drawbacks - expensive, clunky, laggy servers, somewhat outdated graphics, poor engine performance, but at least I don't force myself to play it and I can see 8+ hours a day spent into LOTRO, so I guess that's OK.
  • tremmortremmor Member UncommonPosts: 80
    edited April 2021
    Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War (finished Assault rifle grind and got diamond skin) and Forza Horizon 4 (completing every season's challenges and then back to CoD).
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    Im playing the mmorpg.com forums.  
    chilltime99Sylvinstar
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I am currently enjoying playing my Beastlord, Monk and Defiler in Everquest 2. I am doing all the older dungeons and doing every quest and I have locked my experience so that I don't outlevel a place and it remains challenging. It is a lot of fun but I'm soloing. The main bulk of the gamers are in the end zones.
    Scotseraphis79
    Chamber of Chains
  • KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    ESO, red dead online, sea of thieves, COD
    trying magic legends during ESO maintenance, and its not bad
    i would like to try conquerer's blade , but it seems not very popular. there are like no knights and castle seiges kind of games . for honor seems dead
  • mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    Been playing a lot of Enderal: Forgotten Stories (Special Edition) this month. Maybe that counts as Skyrim, but it's kept my interest so far. I'm in the one/two games at a time camp so that ones been my focus.
    Sovrath

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Monster Hunter Rise
    Path of Exile, new league

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    SWG:L and Wow
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    ESO and soon a return to FO76.
    Theocritus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    GW2 (With the gf)

Path of Exile (With myself)

Outriders (With a friend)

Valheim (With my cousin who only likes open world survival games)
    chilltime99

• chilltime99chilltime99 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Revisiting the Mass Effect series, and honestly I’m enjoying it much more the second time around. It’a a rough time for gaming...
  • tremmortremmor Member UncommonPosts: 80

Revisiting the Mass Effect series, and honestly I’m enjoying it much more the second time around. It’a a rough time for gaming...

I'm waiting for legendary edition since i've never played the trilogy
    defroststar
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Kyleran said:
    ESO and soon a return to FO76.

Hmmm that is news....Didnt think you would come back.
  • eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    Skyrim, BDO, Minion Masters while bartering in BDO.