Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Magic: Legends Talks Week 3 Of The ARPG's Open Beta Looking Ahead To Future Update | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageMagic: Legends Talks Week 3 Of The ARPG's Open Beta Looking Ahead To Future Update | MMORPG.com

In the third week (and as many State of the Game posts) of the Magic: Legends open beta, executive producer Steve Ricossa talks about the changes coming in its mid-April update.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2021
    I watched the first day of sponsored streamers and was turned off.So i went to twitch today to see if anything is new or different and there is nobody watching this.I searched the list as i always do and couldn't even find it after like searching 5-6 tiers so then i typed it into the search.
    173 viewers in total,i would say nobody cares about this and it will not survive more than a year.
    NildenDekahnBruceYeegastovski1

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    It is a sort of decent hack n slash... But that is a very crowded market and sort of decent does not cut it...

This have been a good conversation

• DekahnDekahn Member UncommonPosts: 90
    This was pretty much DOA.
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I play it occasionally and its alright certainly nothing special. I never played Magic so i am unfamiliar with the deck builds. Most Arpgs I have played have massive loot drops, places to xplore, and require inventory juggling. This game you dont get a ton of loot and exploring the whole map doesnt really benefit you other than doing the skirmishes and what not. There are not chests or things to open in the wild that I have found yet.
  • kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    edited April 2021
    It is DOA because it has no content. Literally has 5 maps that you can cover the whole area in 10-15 minutes.

They put weekly caps to keep you logging in and time gated everything. Instead of lauching with a decent game with many planes, you made one of the biggest IPs with diversity and did the absolute minimal job you could do.

I welcome MTG to the warhammer philosophy, anyone may come buy our license and make crap with it cause suckers will buy.
  • LamiaCritterLamiaCritter Member UncommonPosts: 85
    If y'all don't care and just want to criticize and hate it, then stop paying attention to it, maybe? XD
    FrodoFraginsTazdrago
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Let's skip to week 4, when they realize noone's going to buy into this steaming pile and cut their losses.

If it was any other company besides PW but my guess is that Plan A failed so they now have Plan B,C,D,E,F etc lined up ready to go..

If they use the STO formula the next step would be regain player confidence a bit making it seem like they aren't too interested in the money while preparing some type of new monetization :P
    FrodoFragins
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    for once, i'm up with the "cancel culture" :)

please, do yourself a favor, close it and forget it forever, it's a $$ sinkhole for the company
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Start over, game sucks............
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

If y'all don't care and just want to criticize and hate it, then stop paying attention to it, maybe? XD

Why? It's more fun to pile on to a crappy P2W PWE product.