Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo II: Resurrected's Technical Alpha Begins This Weekend With A Single-Player Test | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110

imageDiablo II: Resurrected's Technical Alpha Begins This Weekend With A Single-Player Test | MMORPG.com

For those who have been waiting to get their hands on Diablo II: Resurrected, this weekend might be your chance if you're able to get into the technical alpha. This test run, starting on Friday, April 9th, will see Blizzard test out the single-player version of the remastered ARPG.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Mars_OMGMars_OMG Member EpicPosts: 3,317
    dang, that looks 50million times squared better then diablo 3. Is it just me noticing a new direction of Blizzard in leaving behind the cartoon fluff ?
    Temp0CelciusGdemamiZenJellyAgent_Joseph
    - abandoning social media could possibly save the world.  
    #RestoreTheSnyderVerse 
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,514

Mars_OMG said:

dang, that looks 50million times squared better then diablo 3. Is it just me noticing a new direction of Blizzard in leaving behind the cartoon fluff ?

i don't think we played the same games there ^^
    SandmanjwTorvalZenJellyUtinni

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

I commenting on visuals.
    #RestoreTheSnyderVerse 
  • XodicXodic Member EpicPosts: 1,323
    New leather smell, same leather taste.
    enesisxlr8
  • kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 804
    This isn't a test. It is an advertisement weekend. A couple classes have to grind to 30 (A single pass full clear on /p8 will net you 28 tops)
    Gdemami

Xodic said:

New leather smell, same leather taste.

Maybe for "those" people, but people liek myself who disowned blizzard in the late 90's might take a peak :)
    GdemamiZenJelly
    #RestoreTheSnyderVerse 
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,046
    A bunch of grumps lol.  Of course it's a test. 

If they add personal loot or /players 8 for ladder it's an instant buy.  Well that or full mod support for non ladder.  I'm solidly in the #somechanges crowd after experiencing the game and the great expac when they launched
    Temp0ZenJellyQQMorePlease
    looking at diablo 4 i might get that if it is on sale soon

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse 
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 509
    No /players 8 in singleplayer, no purchase. Simple as that.
    ZenJelly
  • snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 718
    I am playing D2 again to get in the mood..still rocks!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,046
    Gorwe said:
    No /players 8 in singleplayer, no purchase. Simple as that.
    well it will work offline just not on ladder as it never has.  But it really does need to be added if they dont allow games to be created with personal loot 
    ZenJellyGorwe
  • iicecubeiicecube Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Nice in 2021, we are backward doing the same thing again. Love it
    enesisxlr8GdemamiZenJellyAgent_Joseph
  • enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 96
    iicecube said:
    Its all that blizzard knows how to do, other then cash shop sales
    GdemamiZenJelly
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 307
    I know it's 100% par-for-the-course for Blizz to mismanage these things these days, but I have a lot of faith in Vicarious visions. I've played Spyro, Tony Hawk, Crash, and CTR and they are all stellar remakes.
    Gdemami
  • kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 804
    I know it's 100% par-for-the-course for Blizz to mismanage these things these days, but I have a lot of faith in Vicarious visions. I've played Spyro, Tony Hawk, Crash, and CTR and they are all stellar remakes.
    I fully expected it to be amazing, but this couple day thing doesn't even make sense for a tech Alpha unless it is purely to advertise via streamers.  Mind you I play D2 now, but Act1-Act2 is minimal at best and unless NM is unlocked it is going to be tough to really test unless they also are just going on the whole does it feel right and I'll be honest, unless your currently playing D2, you aren't going to know if it feels right.
    Gdemami
  • GrindcoreTHRALLGrindcoreTHRALL Member UncommonPosts: 155
    I have waited so long for the remaster. I have great hopes. I am excited to see what patch they start the ladder at.
    iicecube said:

I'd rather replay a good ol game in flashy new graphics than risk with new ideas. Sorry, but new ideas have disappointed me repeatedly.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 15,409
    edited April 7
    Meanwhile in Diablo 3 land... Blizzard just had to hotfix an item that was causing anyone the uses it to disconnect randomly and frequently.

Another item is causing horrible lag with the FOTD build, the new and improved Firebird set, but no fix in sight for that one. This one affected me.

And some people have needed to resort to a drastic workaround of replacing a game sound file with an edited version of it that disables all game sound as the only guaranteed way for them to not have frequent game freezes that can last for up to 10 seconds before it resumes... deadly in HC mode. Luckily I haven't needed to do that one.

That last Fmod.DLL problem has been going on for a full year.

Be scared of D2 Resurrected. Be very scared :)

AAA my ass. 
    Gdemami
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
    edited April 7
    Iselin said:
    Meanwhile in Diablo 3 land... Blizzard just had to hotfix an item that was causing anyone the uses it to disconnect randomly and frequently.

Another item is causing horrible lag with the FOTD build, the new and improved Firebird set, but no fix in sight for that one. This one affected me.

And some people have needed to resort to a drastic workaround of replacing a game sound file with an edited version of it that disables all game sound as the only guaranteed way for them to not have frequent game freezes that can last for up to 10 seconds before it resumes... deadly in HC mode. Luckily I haven't needed to do that one.

AAA my ass. 

But why? D3 is Blizz, D2:Remaster is Vicarious Visions. And VV has a good track record. Ofc, it's healthy to have a dose of skepticism. Just don't get consumed by paranoia.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 15,409
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:

AAA my ass. 

But why? D3 is Blizz, D2:Remaster is Vicarious Visions. And VV has a good track record. Ofc, it's healthy to have a dose of skepticism. Just don't get consumed by paranoia.
    So you're putting faith in another studio owned by Activision for 16 years and merged into Blizzard earlier this year? OK then, glass half-full guy :)
    Gdemami
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,976
    I am an active D2 player (currently Project Diablo). Based on what I have seen so far, I expect that this game will be awesome, for me :).
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 327

Iselin said:

Gorwe said:

Iselin said:

AAA my ass. 

So you're putting faith in another studio owned by Activision for 16 years and merged into Blizzard earlier this year? OK then, glass half-full guy :)

As long as that studio is working independently and has a good track record why shouldn't he have some faith in them?
    GorweFrodoFragins
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:

AAA my ass. 

I'm trying to stay fact based rather than falling to base emotions. And being apprehensive of a new thing is perfectly fine, otherwise we'd do crazy things(that's why "Space Marines who know NO F.E.A.R!" makes absolutely zero sense).

But if taking a fact based approach, there's almost no reason to be afraid. Again, have some apprehension, it's healthy.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,220
    Am I the only one who remembers?

Warcraft 3: Refunded

Among all the other crap that this company has pulled...

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,001

Nilden said:

Am I the only one who remembers?

Warcraft 3: Refunded

Among all the other crap that this company has pulled...

I can't tell if you don't know what happened with WC3:R or you haven't researched anything about D2:R. Both?